Nerys and India Diet Day One

My second day today, all good atm. Not been feeling hungry just getting used to no pepsi max :( only water for me

Low carb food shopping is a joy, no low cal/no fat stuff always makes me laugh when for years I wont buy butter cos its too fattening and here I am almost at my all time heaviest :rolleyes: I enjoyed putting the butter and other full fat lovelies into my basket and am looking forward to trying some new recipes including the notorious cheeseburger pie :D

Yep during my fattest years I only ate low fat spread - would not go near real butter.

Now that I eat full fat everything I am much much slimmer! LOL. Atkins and low carbing in general just turn older dieting advice on its head.

I have the Pig 2 Twig book. The main differences I noticed were that N & I version of low carbing includes way more carbs than Atkins. It seems an 'easier, softer way'. But it works all the same.

Low carbing is a true Godsend. Good luck!

....and so am i....doing the 12 hr shifts....tonight is number 4 nightshift this week, but i can't sleep today, not like me, the sun is shining, must be that!

You'd think that with the amount of time we spend running around we'd be better at keeping the weight off!
I weighed myself today, lost 7lbs! Super pleased. Hope everyone else does well this week x

Hi Clojo --

I am doing CD atm, but read the book (got it free with cosmo) and thought it was pretty good. But, I agree with DietKitty about it being too carby.

My DH started South Beach on January 2nd and has lost over 2 stone. WITH FOOD!

I was doing CD SS for 3 weeks, then 810 ever since -- and have lost about a stone.
(However, I did not weigh myself until after I was in ketosis -- because I wanted to track "real losses" not gylcogen and water.)

Anyway, I think the diet will work -- but I prefer a lower carb and fat diet.

Good Luck.

MM

Morning Clo, that's a great start, well done

Well done Clo & welcome. I read Pig2Twig. Loved it, but like the others have said I'm stricter than they are. I do have almonds sometimes though.
I do a mixture of Atkins & my on LC.

Have you tried making a sweet mim? Or SF jelly with cream? That might sort the sweet tooth.

Sweet tooth is a problem. They book suggests whipped cream with a little sweetener and vanilla which has worked well. It's far too rich to have too much and kicks the craving. I save it for when I'm just about ready to pull my hair out.
I did have a bad day at the weekend, I was a bit to liberal with the peanut butter. Maybe it is too carby for a really dramatic weight loss but when diets are too strict I fail...too busy questioning why I can't have things makes me want them more.
I hope everyone is doing well x

I have had sf jelly & cream when I fancied something sweet, not strictly p 2 t but needs must. Although I dont seem to be having the urge for sweet stuff much, feel full most of the time. How about you Clo, have you noticed the difference in appetite?

I make sure to buy sugar-free peanut butter. More expensive but even more delicious.

Many low carbers swear by sf jelly and a bit of cream lol. Sugar Free luxury!

Back