Nettee's Christmas madness

We all drop of the wagon sometimes Nettee - least you've realised, moved on and drawn a line under it. Syn-wise you haven't gone too far over your daily allowance, onwards and downwards...

I've just done my weekly shop, absolutely manic and for some unknown reason I decided to go on the way home after we'd taken the kids swimming so was starving and irritable. Hate food shopping at the best of times, its like being taunted surrounded by foods you can't eat...

We all had bad days hun, and sounds like your juggling a lot of balls (so to speak!)

I'm back in work Monday after 4months maternity leave - dreading it! In the process of getting things sorted for me to go back to work, and for my lil boy to go back to nursery on Monday as well, and then I must tackle the house, its a tip!
Ah, last few days off and I could do with doing nothing but no such luck! I guess a mothers work is never done!

Good luck with going back to work - hope nursery goes well

I have made a couple of decisions this morning - firstly yesterday continued to go badly including lots of chocolate brownie ice cream and no superfree with supper. I have thought about it all and decided it would be very embarassing to have a gain next week so I am definately back on track with my consistent ee week. - a load of good shopping is arriving this morning so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Secondly I think I am spending too much time on minimins. It is taking over family life. So apart from the occasional giving myself a good talking to on my own diary page only (Like now!) - I will minimins once a day at the most after all the children have gone to bed.

Yes Minimins can become addictive - constantly checking and replying.
If its the best thing for you and your family then you've made the right decision.

Sounds like your back in the mindset for a good week so good luck!!

Thanks, having a good catch up now :)

A good day today despite the children making biscuits again. only 10 minutes of my toning DVD but at least it was something.

I am watching 50 shocking Facts about diets. Interval training gets the thumbs up, aspartame doesn't. Too much exercise looks pretty bad too......

Aw well done - getting back on track is hard but you did it!!

Oohh I love watching programmes about losing weight etc... Drives my OH nuts but I can relate to them.

Good day for me today - 7.5syns - but spa day tomorrow with Mam before I go back to work on Monday and I've checked the menu and there's not really any SW friendly food options...
But I am taking my gym stuff and swimsuit so maybe the exercise will even it up a bit...

Good luck for tomorrow!

I'm terrible with exercise. I WANT to do it but i just don't. Motivation is key.
Glad you're having a good week. I watched the diet thing the other day, some scary stuff on there!

Yes it was quite scary - but probably should mostly be taken with a pinch of salt.

Another day a bit over today. Nothing extreme, probably about 6 syns so far. Half a poussin to eat in a minute - should probably not eat the skin for maybe. 4 or 5 syns....??? Broccoli and new potatoes with it so that's ok.maybe some gravey - so all a few more syns here and there to have perhaps.

Oh well, two more days till weigh in - hopefully two good ones

Good old flexi syns. :)

Well I didn't eat the skin, tempted though I was so just 2 more syns for gravey and red current.

I am in a good mindset today, only 7 syns so far - 3 1/2 due in the supper.

I have been reading up on the dangers of margarine, aspartame and sugar. I have gone as far as to order a butter dish so as to convert the family onto butter (I don't eat much margarine anyway but perhaps should syn a little bit of butter occasionally).

I am considering trying to cut my refined carbohydrate intake but I know I would find it really hard. I love white rice, white pasta, gravy, redcurrant sauce, hifi bars, couscous - not to mention cake/chocolate and biscuits etc. I wonder though if it would have a better impact on my waist circumference. I am thinking of trying it for the next 6 weeks and remeasuring at the end of that time. I would have to use my syns on butter, nuts, chicken skin, more wholemeal bread and cheese. Maybe crisps.

I am also considering cutting out aspartame again so would have to make my own yogurt with fruit puree, berries and natural yogurt - I do like this but it is not as nice as ww/mullerlight and not as easy either.

also getting back into the swing of body magic - 30 minutes done today :whacky068:

I am beginning to feel optamistic that I might have a loss on Wednesday :)

Another good day today on the whole - a few nibbles on the children's left overs but really not much and I have counted 4 syns for it. I am cooking the chilli recipe on this thread this evening although I have no kidney beans. I have bought some brown rice to have with it.

I have done some toning this evening but really ought to get out walking. I have had a good tidying the house day now that the children are back at school which always feels like an achievement.

Last day of madness - really hoping for a decent loss tomorrow - 2lb would be great - any less and I will probably be disappointed. Then I need to settle in for the short run to target.

will update tomorrow with my weigh in result :cross:

20 minutes walking done :chores016:

Here I am on 9th January, both children back and school and normality has returned.

Official weight today: 9st 8lb which has met my first target of this thread: to stay in single figures.

I know in my heart that i have met the maintaining one too in reality as my own scales said the same this morning as they did three weeks ago (weird low result at group then and now I have moved into jeans for weigh in for 2013.)

So all in all not a bad three weeks of madness. A 1lb loss this week which, considering that I didn't do any drastic dieting yesterday, is actually ok in comparison to the other two weigh ins where I had done an 800cal day and a success express day the day before.

I think consistency is key and looking ahead to next Christmas I don't think I will repeat this. Almost better to have an honest gain and and honest loss after. Will try to be below target to start with an then maybe choose some 100% days of red or extra easy dotted through the season.

Time for a new thread which will get me to target :D

Back