Never been slim

katalena

Enjoying life!
Apart from the obvious health reasons for doing LL I want to know what it is like to be slim.

I am 34 years old. I can remember having my appendix out at 15 and sthe nurse guestimated my weight at 8 & a half stone - my Mum was sat in the room so I didn't want to say I weighed much more as I was ashamed but I was frightened that I would wake up mid operation because I didn't have enough anaesthetic (I know, I was young! lol) When I got the chance I asked her to weigh me and I was 12 & a half stone. That is my first memory of my actual weight.

I got given money to go and buy my own jacket when I was 16 - I had to buy a size 16. That is my first memory of dress size.

My Mum is a size 10/12. My older sister is a size 12. My next sister down is a size 8 and my youngest sister is a size 10. (no pressure there growing up eh! lol)

I want to know what it is like to be slim. What will I look like. Who is the slim me?

It is something I have not experienced in my adult life - but I am going to!

Kat

Katalena

WOw what a choice for you to make, well done! Was growing up really awful with your weight all the time? I always used to get, she just big boned!!

I lost 30 kilos about 7 years ago and slowly over the past 2 -3 years, 8 kilos has returned. I just want to be back to that thin feeling. It is wonderful and exciting going clothes shopping. My weight slowly returned as work (teaching) took priority and the exercise dropped off. I lost it the other year again with a very strict diet and then had to go on steriods and it all came back..... so here I go again.

Bren
x

Yeah, if I had a pound for the amount of times I have heard:

"she's just big boned"

"she has a pretty face"

"she has a bubbly personality"

"she carries it well"

Yawn yawn!

Kat xx

Kat I can really relate to your true life story, that brought a slight tear to my eye, reading what you wrote. good luck hun and you will get slim and be slim for the rest of your life and may you always be happy and healthy, go bless :)

Thank you xx

Good start setting your goals in electronic type script.

We won't let you forget them!!!!!

I know you won't either but now and then it's good to re assess what and why you're doing this.

Good head in the right place start. How's the first week going?

I am really enjoying it to be honest. Today I am struggling to have my food packs as I am not hungry and I find it hard to eat when I am not but I know they are important and I know why so I will have them, all 4 of them, every day! :)

Kat xx

Great stuff Kat. Looking forward to seeing your first weigh in result!!

Good luck Kat

You CAN do it and you have the right attitude. To succeed at LL your head has to be in the right place and sometimes you just KNOW inside that this is your chance to change your life. You are so right - make sure you do have the 4 packs a day, keep the water up and you'll be fine.
Good luck xxx:)

Thank you :) xx

Yeah, if I had a pound for the amount of times I have heard:

"she's just big boned"

"she has a pretty face"

"she has a bubbly personality"

"she carries it well"

Yawn yawn!

Kat xx

If we both put the money together, we might be able to buy a Lamboghini...

I know how you feel though, my first recollection of dress size is being in Year 4 (aged 8) and having to wear 13-14 Years clothes from M&S, and that soon (before I was 10) became Size 14 in adult clothes.

I also could never imagine the 'slim me' - but last year used to get hypnotherapy to aid weight loss (helped, but not as much as I would have liked for the price I was paying) and my therapist helped me visualise the slim me. It was so motivational to see that inside this size 18-20 girl there was this beautiful size 12; it may sound ridiculous, but it was really helpful.

Soon Kat, you won't be able to remember the not-so-slim you!

It's funny - no matter how much I try and picture it I can't but I can feel it coming!

Woo hoo - I lost 11lb this week :)

Kat xx

11lbs in your first week is great, well done! :)

I too have never been slim (and still don't consider myself to be really, I'm still much bigger than most people but at least I'm more in proportion now :p ) and kept wondering when I'd feel different about my size.

It's weird, it doesn't always all come at once, and sometimes it happens in ways you don't expect. The first time I went out of the house to work in just a shirt (instead of covering up with a jumper or a tshirt underneath to avoid sweatstains) I didn't even 'clock' what I had done until about mid-morning, then all of sudden it was like "HOLY crap, I NEVER would have done THIS before!"

Other times it can something as simple as realising that people (ie people on the street) aren't looking at you in the same way anymore. You get on a bus and the person you go to sit next doesn't get a look of sheer terror on their face at this blob coming to invade 3/4 of the seat.

And of course shopping becomes FUN! Picking up a shirt/trousers etc. and actually having to try on them on in case they are too BIG is amazing! :D I'm grinning just thinking about my last shopping trip again! lol

It boosts your confidence too and people really pick up on that, when you are walking around with your head up and confidence in your step they notice the difference in you beyond your shape.

It's great :)

Back