Never feeling full

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm a greedy pig, I've a huge plate of dinner but never feel full.

I've eaten cottage pie with carrots/swede on top & had a massive plate but am still hungry. I've also eaten fruit & a yoghurt as well but still want to eat.

Is anyone else like this or is something wrong with me? :confused:

I definitely have days where I am just hungry all the time. Usually on these days I do tend to eat more just make sure it is SW friendly.

Are you having 3 proper meals a day and eating enough? Sometimes it is also my head telling me I am hungry rather than my stomach :party0036:.

Its certainly not easy ;)

Are you drinking plenty? I've read that if you're thirsty your body can send hunger signals by mistake.

Also a tip is to drink a glass of water before a meal as this may help you feel fuller sooner.

I certainly have days where I feel hungrier than others. I just snack on SW friendly snacks. I made batch of individual tunal and sweetcorn quiches today and I've snacked on those occasionally. Sometimes I find I am craving a snack rather than being hungry, so I chop up a fruit salad to pick at.

I leave 10 mins between me thinking I'm hungry and eating again, sometimes it's just cravings for me

I find this is when the vegetables come in handy - especially the frozen ones. Remember to use them - pile 'em high.

Steve

Keep a vat of superfree soup in the fridge, then you can scoff away to your hearts content when you get the urge!

I have days like these. My favourite snack to keep it under control is cous cous with roasted veg, feels like another meal but it is free and gorgeous.

Big bear - I understand your feelings too. Sometimes even when I know I'm really full because I can't eat anything more I still 'feel hungry' and I don't understand it. It doesn't happen often (? less since being on SW a while ?? ) but it confuses me when it does. In general, I don't know from what my body tells me when I'm full but I've learnt to manage it better since being on SW.

Agree with other posters, try drinking a bit (but doesn't always work for me) and more superfree food. It usually passes in the end though.

Gail x

I leave 10 mins between me thinking I'm hungry and eating again, sometimes it's just cravings for me

Good idea DD. Apparently it takes up to 20 minutes for your stomach to communicate to your brain that it's full.

Back