Never going back....

I was told to eat a low fibre diet to help my IBS. It made absolutely no difference. I was told that all the fruit and Alpen light cereal bars would make it worse. How wrong were they?! :rolleyes:

somethings are different i look 7 months pregnant uge bump when i eat lts of pasta potatoes etc... but if i eat lots in small portions im fine!

totally agree with you guys, i cant bear thinking about the crap i used to eat. i used to go out in the van with OH all day so we ate garage rubbish all day then were too tired to cook when we got home so it'd be takeaway or ready meal. stupid thing was i really love cooking, lol. things are very different now, and actually started getting OH asking "how many syns are in things" and "is this a healthy extra?" . I had a couple of dodgy weeks just before i gave birth at beg of april as i was just too tired to be standing in the kitchen prepping everything, and i felt soooo drained. day after she was born i was straight back on plan and felt fantastic. just goes to show, you really are what you eat!! lol

There does come a point where - simply put - you don't want to eat that way.

I used to be the take-away king. I'd order in at least 4 or 5 times a week. Fish&Chips, chinese, kebab, pizza, burgers, or just good old microwave crap.

The revelation that I didn't need to eat like that anymore was at my brother's wedding last Augst - the buffet at the reception had some of my favourites - pizza slices, chicken satay skewers, potato wedges. I had promised myself the day off plan - i took one look at the buffet spread and simple said "no - I don't want this".

Since that point - i've been back to the take-away once - for a chicken kebab when i got caught out at the last minute and didn't get home till 11pm with no shopping in (had planned to go that afternoon (it was a sunday) but then got called away) - chicken shish kebab - so chicken breast done on the grill in front of me - but no wedges/fries, no pitta bread and certainly wasn't tempted by the doner meat. but still had to stay outside till it was done.

Go back to eating that crap - after finding out what real foods taste like these last 18months - i certainly hope not.

Ive developed a strange addiction to diet coke!!! I wouldnt have touched the stuff before joining SW but now even the smell of normal coke makes me shudder it so sweet!!!

I actually have a little bit of experience here!! :) I was really worried I might just slip back into my old habits once I'd reached target. I still love kebabs and fast food.

I have found though, that even if I do have a big binge then I will make sure I'm good for the rest of the week to make up for it and I do this without even realising. I am constantly aware of everything I that goes into my mouth now, so if I do have something bad, or have a few pints, instead of spirits it's ok because now I know how to deal with it. It's firmly implanted in my head that I want to stay at my target weight and that's what keeps me going. If I eat too much crap then I will gain weight, if I keep everything in moderation I will maintain. I haven't missed a WI since I've got to target, and I don't intend to. I need to see those numbers every week and that keeps me focussed.

ETA: I also haven't gained since reaching target either :)

Back