• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Never going back....

Xassy

Silver Member
When I think about how I used to eat before starting SW, I feel disgusted. :eek: There have been times in the last 5 months that I've felt like giving up, then I think back to how I used to eat and remember I don't want that. I felt constantly lethargic and had sluggish digestion. My blood sugars would spike and then dip. I'd get cranky and tired, then suddenly have a burst of energy. I don't even crave junk food anymore! Although, I won't lie, sometimes it's hard and I slip up or get frustrated with slow loses and think "I want a big mac!!" but then, I remind myself how terribly unhappy I was. I was ashamed too, of how much I could eat.

I AM NEVER GOING BACK!

Just thought I'd post my little revelation. ;)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

gemma_

Silver Member
S: 14st4lb C: 11st13lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 2st5lb(16.5%)
i feel same but i dokeep slipping up., but i do wonder how i managed takeaways everynight... and i use to really moan at my partner if i had to 'share' mine with him :( also when cooking i made sure i dished myself the bigger one :( i feel so greedy and fat...things don change much i still have bgish portion but stop when im full....

Kikikisses

Silver Member
S: 13st7lb C: 10st6lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 26.7 Loss: 3st1lb(22.75%)
Agreed, fast food every night would make me keel over now haha :p

Thanks for sharing your revelation :)

S: 12st12lb C: 10st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 2st2lb(16.67%)
Do you feel that you can't handle the junk food now?

If I eat anything too fatty now, I get a bad stomach. It's good in a way that my body has grown intolerant to the crap that must have been in that food, but I still crave it!

gemma_

Silver Member

If I eat anything too fatty now, I get a bad stomach. It's good in a way that my body has grown intolerant to the crap that must have been in that food, but I still crave it!
i have a treat on saturday night usually and gradually they got smaller smaller and i felt physically sick last saturday and had lay on tummy as felt so bloated and kept getting pains

Scanbran

Stupid Member
S: 18st0lb C: 14st10lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 3st4lb(18.25%)
Good on you for your attitude, and it's great you feel you couldn't go back to eating the way you used to.

Unfortunately, I think I could go back, quite easily :(
If I'm eating out or getting a takeaway, it's still a huge effort for me to avoid the wrong choices as I still like the food that is so bad for me.

Guess I'll be on this plan for life :)

Last edited:

Woodsylou

Silver Member
S: 13st6.5lb C: 13st6.5lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
i am soo worried that i will go back, but i really don't want to. i find it very easy to slip back into over indulging and i know how easy it was for me before to be so glutonous. I hope over time i can change the way i eat, because i never 'want' to go back.

Piglet1977

S: 16st0lb C: 15st13lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.9 Loss: 0st1lb(0.45%)
I could never go back.. the smell of fatty foods makes me feel ill now .. burger vans / kabab shops make me turn green.. i used to LOVE kababs,...now i would die lol...... i take this as a good thing tho as it means my head has finally worked its self out :)

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
S: 18st3lb C: 18st3lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 41.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Im the same - i had a take away last week and it was a bit greasy and i didnt really enjoy it, felt bloated after half - without going into too much detail the next morning i spent most of on the loo!
I also used to suffer a lot of heartburn/indigestion and ate rennies all day long, since starting SW i think ive taken about 4 in 6 weeks and these were after really strong raw onion!!
Yay SW!!!!:grouphugg:

claracluck1981

is taking a scenic route
S: 11st1lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 25.9 Loss: 1st4lb(11.61%)
Had a mouthful of my sons coco-pops with whole milk- just too sweet and i could really taste the fat from the milk- yuck. I feel so much better without sandwiches and bready stuff, haven't been tempted by takeaways yet but rogan josh is my fav curry .

moomintrolljen

Had a mouthful of my sons coco-pops with whole milk- just too sweet and i could really taste the fat from the milk- yuck. I feel so much better without sandwiches and bready stuff, haven't been tempted by takeaways yet but rogan josh is my fav curry .
Rogan josh is only 6.5 syns a portion Clara and the boiled rice free if your on EE!!! I had this for a meal out a few weeks ago and lost 2.5lbs that week!

I can honestly say I will never go back to my old eating ways. TBH we wern't big take away eaters really, maybe one on a Saturday as a treat, but I think we ate far to many ready meals, like frozen pizza's!!

One of my bigest downfalls, was the mix of foods I did - i'd have huge amounts of food, potatoes litterally oozing with butter!!!

I now love my new eating style, love cooking so many different foods from scratch & I make that many we have not once felt board with the food or stuck in a rut of eating the same foods - not like my pre SW ways!

I really do believe that the eating plan is great for my family - we are all eating so much healthier :D

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
I couldnt go back to the way I used to eat, even if I wanted to! My GB has put stop to things like pizzas, kebabs, chips and most chinese foods, so there wouldnt be any point trying! It would just be a waste of money!
When I think about how I used to be with food, I really did have a bad relationship in that I was quite proud of the fact that I could eat a whole large pizza, 24 bags of crisps and a box of chocolates in one sitting!

Im pleased that I cant eat that kind of stuff anymore anyway. Yes, there are times when I could just eat cake or chocolate, but Im afraid that I will get big again and I dont want that!

gemma_

Silver Member
I couldnt go back to the way I used to eat, even if I wanted to! My GB has put stop to things like pizzas, kebabs, chips and most chinese foods, so there wouldnt be any point trying! It would just be a waste of money!
When I think about how I used to be with food, I really did have a bad relationship in that I was quite proud of the fact that I could eat a whole large pizza, 24 bags of crisps and a box of chocolates in one sitting!

Im pleased that I cant eat that kind of stuff anymore anyway. Yes, there are times when I could just eat cake or chocolate, but Im afraid that I will get big again and I dont want that!
this is where i recomend skinny cow triple chocolate ice cream lolly AGAIN lol... seriously really gorgeous and totally filled my chocolate fix i needed, there not small about same size as a magnum and got chocolate bits in and its 5 syns!! worth every last 1!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
Oooo thanks for that one...Im off to get me some of those!

moomintrolljen

I find the mini twister lollies - chocolate and vanilla - are great for that and only 2 syns each!!!!
You get 8 in a box and Asda has 2 boxes for £3 at the mo

ferb

S: 19st13lb C: 16st4.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 34.7 Loss: 3st8.5lb(18.1%)
I made the rogan josh from the slimming world curry recipe book last week and it was delish - the recipe is for lamb, but you could substitute any meat in it (I made it with quorn pieces as that's all I had in the house). It's free on Red and EE (and on green if you use quorn instead of meat)

Xassy

Silver Member

I also get a bad stomach if I eat something fatty. I have awful IBS and a lower fat diet has certainly helped things.

On the days where I've been off-track, I've felt lethargic again and really unwell. In some ways, going off-track is good for me because it reminds me of why I'm doing this! :eek:

sarah83

I will be a yummy mummy!
S: 16st9lb C: 15st8.5lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 38.7 Loss: 1st0.5lb(6.22%)
I also suffer from IBS and whenever I start eating rubbish I really start suffering... doesn't stop me binging occasionally though!

For me it's definately being on a high fibre diet which makes me feel sooo much better!