Never got to target EVER- but this time I will OR ELSE!

Trefoil

Gold Member
Right,

Im starting this Weight Loss/Food Diary as I am 21 on August 12th and don't want to be how I am now.

I've just come back from Center Parcs where I wore a bikini (whoops) and i got a few sniggers and comments from the lovely slim group of girls that were stood outside the changing rooms one day. My Mum (who is a stick insect) told me not to worry and that I look fine but everytime I go round to her house her eyes fall to my waist so I know she's just saying it to be nice!

Went to have my first lot of Physio on my back on Monday after a fall last year to be told that I need to get fit and lose some weight because ive lost a lot of strength in my stomach muscles! Quite pleased really as I was going to rejoin SW anyway and joined on Monday night at a brand new group near me.

I only have one problem. I did Weight Watchers when I was 17 and lost 1.5 Stone to get myself to 11st 9.5, which was great! My goal was 10st 7 and I left due to commitments at school.
I started Slimming World at the end of October last year after putting it all back on plus half a stone more and lost 9.5 pounds in 2 months to get myself down to 12st 9- then had to leave due to personal problems.

Now i'm at 13st 10.5 after putting everything back on plus 4lb more! I have never ever got to goal so I am so determined its ridiculous. However, after a few months I seem to lose scope and almost get bored. I don't know how to combat this!

Every 7lb I lose im going to treat myself to something- not sure what yet! Not food based but I don't know if I should buy clothes? Im one of those people that need an incentive to keep going, although really I shouldn't as its my health thats at risk and im doing it for myself.

Anyway, Ive started my journey and ill follow it through to the end- 11 stone by 12th August here I come. Operation Birthday Dress!!!!

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ruth
x

Good luck Ruth.
I like you have yo-yo'd on diets going up and down.. Try not to let yourself get into a rut of having the same meals..this is when boredom sets in. Mix up Red / Green / EE, and have a diff brekkie etc every day to keep it fresh.

You can do it hon
xx

Hi Ruth,

Welcome back to SW! Well done on making the decision to start. I think that's half the battle...we often THINK about doing something but rarely get round to DOING it!

I'm v similar to u ... I sail along merrily losing weight, until some crisis comes along, then I giv up. Not this time tho. I've made so many like minded friends on here that won't let me giv up, giv me a hug wen I'm down, and celebrate with me wen I do well, Nattymo (above) being one of them.

Write all yr food down in yr diary, and how yr day is going. Everyones luvly here and will support u all the way.

Gotta go cos at work but good luck xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the support!!!!

WI Tomorrow (would normally be monday but I had to work) and im a bit unsure!
Have eaten ridiculous amounts of yummy fruit and veg which I do enjoy :)
but they gave me TERRIBLE indigestion so i have eaten a few slices of bread to make up for it!
(Gaviscon isn't working)
Went to Asda yesterday and on the advice of another Minimins user I bought some Pineapple & celery which seem to have done the trick :)
I know if this weeks WI result isnt good then I can do my best to work towards next week! Doing as well as I can and have all of the weeks food planned out so I know exactly what I'm eating.
I know I can do this- but its my mind and temptation thats letting me down and if I can get over that I know I can do really well!
I've even turned down a picnic today and drinks with my friends after work tonight so that I can do well! (My friends don't understand!)

I think just to put my mind at rest im going to get weighed in Boots because Im going insane after my brother took my Wii Fit and I threw my scales away! Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks

Ruth
x

So, I didn't go to boots :)

I went out with my friends after work last night and had 1 drink!!!!! And really enjoyed it, just made sure I made it last for a while :)

Weigh-In today though and not feeling positive :( Just got my *week today, did struggle a bit this week with getting my body to adjust to what I was eating- kept ending up with chronic indigestion, headaches, being exhausted etc but feeling better now. Ive cooked loads and loads and made all of my own food to take to work. I haven't bought any snack food or anything which I only just realised yesterday!!!! I usually spend around £20.00 twice a week in Greggs/Tesco Express for my lunch so well chuffed :)

Will let you know how I do later on but I am so determined to do well this week now im getting back to normal :)

Ruth
x

I have also like you yoyo dieted over the years. I have done weight watchers the other times. 7 weeks ago i joined slimming world and love it I regret not doing this healthy eating plan years ago. I like the fact that I can eat without weighing and counting all the time. Realistically I wouldn't have been able to keep that up life long I would have then struggled keeping the weight off. Yes I have to syn treats but its not much compared to pointing every little morsal that went into my mouth.

I was thinking how I could treat myself and I have decided to put £2 away for every 1lb I lose that way I have money to treat myself to new outfits as my weight drops off.

Thats a wonderful idea!
Thanks very much will definitely give it a go then I can save towards my dress!!!!!

SW is amazing- tonnes better than WW!!!! You've done really well in 7 weeks too!!!

Good luck to you and thanks for the advice :)

Ruth
x

So, I didn't go to boots :)

I went out with my friends after work last night and had 1 drink!!!!! And really enjoyed it, just made sure I made it last for a while :)

Weigh-In today though and not feeling positive :( Just got my *week today, did struggle a bit this week with getting my body to adjust to what I was eating- kept ending up with chronic indigestion, headaches, being exhausted etc but feeling better now. Ive cooked loads and loads and made all of my own food to take to work. I haven't bought any snack food or anything which I only just realised yesterday!!!! I usually spend around £20.00 twice a week in Greggs/Tesco Express for my lunch so well chuffed :)

Will let you know how I do later on but I am so determined to do well this week now im getting back to normal :)

Ruth
x
Good luck Ruth, with your first WI. Hopefully you will be posting up some good news very soon :D

And yay to not spending ££s in Tesco Express, I must keep my local one solvent with the amount I used to spend in there at lunchtime :eek: x

Thanks very much!

Will let you know how I do :)

Ruth
x

I put money away for each kg that I lost - I was also going to buy new clothes but then thought it silly as I would not be able to wear them in a couple of months.
When I got to my target I bought a whole wardrobe of new clothes.
Good Luck with the weight loss.

Eeeeek 5lbs off!!!

So chuffed I nearly cried with happiness at the scales :)

Ruth
x

Well ive been having a good couple of days 100% day yesterday and saved my Syns so I can go out and have a Mexican with my Brother at lunchtime as im taking him out for a treat!!!

I've been writing my feelings about my week on my food diary by accident so ill copy it over!!

Ruth
x

So, today is going well, completely on plan!
With the New Potatoes/chives/ff I tried them as in the meeting last night we were discussing green days and using tinned vegetables for ease. I bought some tinned New Potatoes in Asda this morning after doing my weekly power shop (i have never bought them before) boiled them for 6 minutes, let them cool and mixed them with chives/salt & pepper and some paprika.
I took them to work popped them in the fridge- they were awful nothing like real potatoes! I suppose it wouldn't be too bad in something like a frittata or within a meal itself but not as potato salad! Oh well everything has to be tried once!!!

I also decided to add some snacks (syn free of course!!!) in the form of pickled onions and capers. Added some olives in for 1.5 Syns (love 'em!) which kept me going along with my raw sweetcorn and mangetout which is definitely a firm favourite!

Asda have £1.00 offers on all across the store so bought a lot of fruit on some good offers to make my fruit salad. Got Strawberries & Raspberries together for £3.00, a punnet of Plums for £1.00, Pineapple Fingers (for my digestion) for £1.00, bag of scrummy apples for £1.00, a punnet of Kiwis for £1.00 and Extra Special Asparagus Tips for £1.00. My Mangetout & Sweetcorn combo cost me £1.50. Also got a red grapefruit for my breakfast one day this week which will be lovely!!
If you're looking to get some B Vitamins into you (or just like greens) then Asda are selling a HUGE bag of leafy greens for 50p so I snapped some of those up along with the normal cucumber, lettuce, celery and herbs.

Another thing we discussed in the meeting yesterday was some of Ainsley Harriotts new grainy meals. Ive just bought some of his spelt and a lentil dahl which look delicious with roasted vegetables and are syn free on green! When I last did Slimming World from November to January I never ever did a green day/extra easy at all! I solely did red because I adore fish. Now im loving this!!!

Just about to start on my wholegrain rice with my spring onions, red onion, pepper and fat free vinaigrette followed by 2 Hartleys 1/2 syn jellies

The only real change ive made today is that I put 1 level tbsp of Golden Syrup in my Ready Brek at 2.5 Syns I was going to try and have solely fruit with my breakfast- which I did, I had 2 plums. However I have low blood sugar and I find that in the morning a bit of Golden Syrup just kickstarts me!!

When I went to Asda today Mini Babybel Lights were on offer at £1.00 and I ummed and aahed over them. I am a huge cheese lover but haven't eaten any cheese except quark since being on plan. I know that 3 can be had as a HEA but I remember when I did the red choice I used to have 3 and then eat a few more... so therefore I have made the mad decision to avoid cheese unless I am on Holiday. I will put some cheese into meals e.g. parmesan into pasta and grated cheese within meals but no straight cheese! This actually makes me feel good

I am going to the Damn Yankee American/Mexican Restaurant with my brother for Lunch tomorrow and I have been thinking long and hard about my choice of food I can't really afford a steak (plus I don't want chips!!!) so im going to have fajitas and syn it like out of the back of the food optimising book. Someone suggested not eating the guacamole or soured cream. Im leaving the cheese and I dont like Salsa so just lettuce and chicken it looks like :p I might just have a little of the soured cream but not sure...

Might post a bit more later, but looking upwards I think I may have already posted enough!!!! :S

Ruth
x

Just having a sneaky peek in the new SW Mag!
Got a party coming up soon at the meeting for the Royal Wedding so having a look for something to make!
The mini raspberry meringue kisses look good but I might do 1/3rd in red, 1/3rd in blue and leave 1/3rd as they are so make them look very British!! (and for just 1 syn they look great!)

Still on plan and feeling good- feeling a tad bloated so got some pineapple for when I get home to hopefully ease it. Im also going to buy some peppermint and fennel teas as I have been recommended these to stop bloatedness, acid reflux and indigestion

I've decided that im going to enjoy myself at lunch- but have found the house chilli which looks nice!!! So may have that will update later.

Completely forgot my multivitamin for my eczema yesterday but will take it today when I get home from work! However, Ive been told to avoid apples and eggs for the time being as apparantly these can cause flare ups...

Has anyone else cut out a food completely because they know even a little bit of that particular food could send them over and ruin their hard work??

Ruth
x

Yesterday went really well and I was so chuffed with my efforts!

Grapefruit and other bits of fruit for my breakfast with black darjeeling tea so that I didn't have to use my HEX's and I could save them for my meal with my brother.

Went I went to the Damn Yankee I had a meal where It was 3 corn tortillas that had been baked in the oven, they were only small and when I enquired they said they were 28g ones. On the top of the 1st tortilla there was a thick circle of soured cream with salsa around the sides with jalapenos and chives on top.
On top of the 2nd (sandwiched in) it was full of refried beans and spicy beef steak pieces. On the top of the 3rd it was again full of refried beans and spicy steak but with mozzarella cheese along the bottom. I go to this restaurant quite a lot and my brother told them I was on SW so they put me a HUGE salad on the side with cress, peppers, cucumber, lettuce and celery which was great!
I ate all of the salad but left all of the soured cream part. I ate none whatsoever and left the full 3 tiered section that had the salad cream!!! I also had no starter or dessert which i always have when I go.
After we'd finished I instead went to Asda and bought myself a massive Pink Lady Apple!!!! V Chuffed!!!!

Had a syn free dinner last night and fruit for afterwards but I think I must have eaten too much fruit or something as I have a bit of tummy ache today! So ive laid off it a bit- still had my Ready Brek and have had a small multipack bag of Quavers which after looking is 4 syns!

Off to Lidl now (lifesaver) but still feeling pretty good! Ive done some before pictures which Ill put up to show you what I look like! Ill also put a pic up of me at 16 at 10stone 3lb :)

Ruth
x

My before photos!

ruth111.jpg

ruth11.jpg

Me at 16 (also on my avatar picture im 17)

rrrrr.jpg

Look at the difference!!!!!!!

Ruth
x

Felt so ill yesterday awful stomach/abdominally pains :( I think its just me getting used to all of the fruit and veg im eating! Although the Sausage, Bacon and Bean casserole could have done it?

Today- feeling 100%, had weetabix and a kiwi for breakfast with a cup of tea to get me through to 11 when ill have my rhubarb mullerlight yogurt and some fruit :) After work im straight on the treadmill after signing up for the 100 miles challenge. Ive got the C25K app on my ipod touch and a running app for post C25K :)
I won't be able to run tomorrow as im having physio so best that I do a lot today to prepare for the pain tomorrow :(

Sunday dinner tonight at the OH's parents! Ive already spoken to them and its no cheese sauce!
1 yorkshire pudding, lean slow cooked meat, tonnes of veg! Homemade roast potatoes with no oil and 1 oxo cube crumbled into them! Its only the gravy im not allowed to refuse!
Really want to lose 2lb this week but not sure I can do it because I lost 5 last week hmmm!

Ruth
x

Thanks Shanny :)

Ate really well last night but had a large glass of Rose wine to celebrate the weather :)
Everyone has to treat themselves!

Feeling well bloated, just gone back on the pill after *week :( It always does this to me ugh I can't wait to come off it!!!!

Going running today! V Excited! Also have Physio hope it doesn't hurt as much as it did last time!!!!!

Ruth
x

Back