Never underestimate

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
The power of this forum!
I have formed some fab new friends over the past year and the encouragement is next to none!!!!!

:D:D

Totally agree Iris. This forum can be a lifesaver and is so encouraging and helpful.

As a newby to this forum I've already found it invaluable. Whenever I wonder anything, I know the answer is on here - and for an extra boost just looking at all the fabulous weight losses! It really keeps me going. Thanks you lot x

I totally agree. I actually feel I know some of you. Its daft as I am only on it a week or so but I suppose we all have something so life changing in common.

Thanks to all my new friends for your support and encouragement. I already feel a different person and its not just loosing a few pounds, its the sense of community and belonging that is here on this site. Its a great feeling to be made so welcome and not judged by anyone.

If I had to choose between mini and facebook, I straight away know where to go! It is amazing...and fun too :) Doesnt always have to be about weight either, which is so nice!

We are all in it together - eh! Warts and all as the wee saying goes!

Absolutely, this forum is a godsend. I dont think I would still be on the diet without it. Thanks to all my new friends :) x

Hiya Iris, hows things? how you doing? x

If there was a LIKE button on posts (just like facebook :giggle:) i would 'like' this thread Iris hehe x

I couldnt agree more Scotsmist! This place was a lifesaver to me in 2008 and although none of the old hands are on here anymore (that I can tell anyway) its been lovely meeting you all and making friends. This place has certainly kept me going over the past month...cant believe Ive been on it a month already! Hopefully only another 3 to go but I tell you, I wont be leaving this place like I did last time!

If there was a LIKE button on posts (just like facebook :giggle:) i would 'like' this thread Iris hehe x

It is so true though Tanya.....give me mini any night over Facebook and these are people I have known for years, but mini is somehow different! But, what you put in I suppose as well...the more you give the more you receive sort of thing!

I couldnt agree more Scotsmist! This place was a lifesaver to me in 2008 and although none of the old hands are on here anymore (that I can tell anyway) its been lovely meeting you all and making friends. This place has certainly kept me going over the past month...cant believe Ive been on it a month already! Hopefully only another 3 to go but I tell you, I wont be leaving this place like I did last time!

Well done on getting through Month 1!!!!! I know, I kinda disappeared for a bit,,well, I didnt really disappear I just lurked and well, it was to my detriment to be honest because when I am struggling, it is the friends I have met on here that pull me through...

I made every excuse not to post, etc......but at the end of the day, I was only hurting myself and well, we all need each other as we are all going through this together..whether still TFR'ing, Refeeding, Maintaining or on another diet now!

Wonderful site ....like you, I wouldnt have got through my first 4 months the first time I did LT! Life saver.....

Oh, bumbling along!!!!!!!!! Now doing Rosemary Conley; only on Day 6 and loving it!

How are you??

oh brilliant, that will be great for trying different foods out too...

yea i'm grand too, all good... back on LT for a bit.. only 5th day today but so far so good :)

good for you! why did you come back...just curious? did you put on? I know I did.....after the first time, I put on just over a stone and a half....then I came back and lost most of it, in fact, I got to my lightest and then had another bad time, and lo an behold I decided LT wasnt helping my ED, so started RC (doing it on my own), but it has helped me enormously.

Had such a fear of food and carbs but it just got out of control.

It is hard but it is worth all the effort, eh!!!

very soon you will not have to follow any plan Iris as you will know what food to have and what to have less off etc and it will be second hand to you..you will eventually be following your own little plan :):)

I kinda found LT can mess you up a little too but thats another story..

But to answer your question I was always coming back to LT, i didnt reach my target when I went on it originally but I didnt intend to stay on it until I reached a target.. I just wanted to kick start a weight loss cause I got bigger than I ever was before without realising, its only when I look back on pics now I am like OMG.. and I was so unhappy and cranky at times and not going to things without actually admitting to myself or anyone it was cause of a weight issue as i am quite outgoing and love a good party haha but i never spoke about the my weight to anyone, i just couldnt bring myself to and held it all in and still felt i was the same i was when i was thinner but really i was so unhappy and missing out on so much...so LT first time round was basically to get some weight off quick, get some confidence back and also get confidence to get back to the gym an all..

when I stopped the last time I always knew I was going to do a another stint of it again cause i loved how it worked loved the taste of the shakes and found it not to bad to do but I wanted to make sure that I could keep the weight off too and not stay on it for months apon months and then come off but put it back on after putting myself through all that... since coming off it I always go and get a weeks supply of shakes and have a weigh in maybe only once a month but I always have a few shakes in my press and i use to have the odd one for breakfast or lunch, it might have only been once a week or sometimes more but i just like them and i feel them kept me on track a bit..

I put on roughly 9lb from my lightest when i finished on LT last time and most of that has been the last few weeks before that 7lb roughly came on and off.. i am happy with that cause i have been back out partying a lot the last month a lot with different things on and I ate out a lot and ordered in too on different nights that we had in.. so i could feel them pounds going on the last few weeks lol

so the plan now at the moment is to get maybe 1 or 1.5 stone off this time round if I can and then try keep up my walking and gym ... but i am actually quite happy at the moment the way i am, just want to get rid of a few lumps and bumps and rolls of fat haha..

when i first when on this in my head i made a plan and that was that i just wanted to go on LT and lose a few stone, then maintain that and make sure I could maintain it... then go back on it agian and lose another bit then maintain that too.. i wanted to have food in my life like anyone normally has and not be obsessing every time I eat.. so that was the key in my head from when I first went on it and so far my plan is working and I have had a really really happy year since last June and feel great in myself, happier than in a long time but at that time i didnt realise how unhappy i was with my weight only now that i look back... :):)

sorry Iris I kinda rambled there, well not kinda i did a lot haha..... you dont have to read all that just skip to the end haha.. i was typing that long i got logged out lol

oh sorry again Iris, its longer than I actually thought now that I posted it haha.. telling my whole life story and boring everyone haha

Well done on getting through Month 1!!!!! I know, I kinda disappeared for a bit,,well, I didnt really disappear I just lurked and well, it was to my detriment to be honest because when I am struggling, it is the friends I have met on here that pull me through...

I made every excuse not to post, etc......but at the end of the day, I was only hurting myself and well, we all need each other as we are all going through this together..whether still TFR'ing, Refeeding, Maintaining or on another diet now!

Wonderful site ....like you, I wouldnt have got through my first 4 months the first time I did LT! Life saver.....

Thanks! Its been a weird and tough month but Im so glad Ive done it. Its my own fault Ive been unwell, Ive only been having 2 of my packs because I struggle having 3 but Ive been forcing myself to have 3 now because I dont want to get poorly again.

I know what you mean about not wanting to post etc on here after finishing TFR, especially if Ive been struggling. To be honest it was so silly that I left here and ignored the warning signs that I was putting all the weight back on. Using food as an emotional crutch as per usual...but the thing is, its led me back here to this great site and great TFR plan but the difference is...hopefully...I will have learnt my lesson.

It was so bad that I didnt weigh in at all before I started, so I dont know exactly how much weight Ive lost. I only know from the end of week 2. But I dont care, I know just 4 weeks ago I wasnt ready to face up to myself and the weight I had regained and now....with the help of my OH and you guys Im honest now and know Ive a long way to go but I CAN DO IT...like everyone else can. Reading all the success stories and the people who struggle just inspire me so much to keep going...no matter how much I 'want' food!

Not boring at all! Its great to hear everyone's perspectives on here!

i am on a chatty buzz tonight haha..

i love reading everyone's posts, i love getting all the tips and it is mad how other people felt like you too at one stage but at that time you do think you are the only one in the world in this situation..

Back