Neverending plateau?

Tux

Hi guys,

First post here and hopefully the first of many!

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this, whilst on this diet. I started exante total solution over 2 weeks ago - I managed to lose 8lbs in my first week, which was great! But I'm now hitting 8 days to where I've lost nothing and actually gained 2 lbs. :mad:

I started my weight loss journey March 2012 and started at 24st0lbs, I'm now 14st 12lbs and did this through various different diets and fitness routines. I decided to give exante a go, to get the last couple of stone off. Here are some stats, to see if this helps at all: male, 23yrs old and 6ft.

I haven't cheated at all, been drinking over a gallon of water a day and do intensive exercise everyday (burning at least 800cals a session through cardio and weights). I also must admit that I'm a daily weigh-er and can be rather frustrating when you don't see the weight shift. I can also confirm that I've been in ketosis the last 2 weeks and still am.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Tux. Welcome to the forum :welcome2: It may be that you are doing too much exercise. I'm not particularly scientific and so can't explain the reasoning behind this but was advised against doing a lot of exercise whne first on exante. Your weight loss was normal for the first week and everyone slows down after that. People with more to lose tend to lose more quickly and it may be that your last couple of stones take longer to shift. To have lost 8st 9lb so far is amazing. My son is the same age as you. He's 6' 2'' and probably isn't far off 20stone. I'm going to show him your post and see if it gives him some incentive to lose weight. Keep going and the weight will eventually go. Why don't you start a diary and join a challenge. I find this helps. I also find it a great incentive reading other people's diaries.

Hi Tux, Welcome to the forum.
I can tell you that I know only too well how frustrating it is to hit a plateau as mine lasted nearly two years!! Almost did my head in!
I found that by looking at all the things that were going on in my life was very helpful as stress and anxiety can prevent weight loss as does certain medications.
You may have to try upping the amount you are eating which will get the metabolism working again.
Don't give up and try not to get too worked up about it. Things will start working again soon.

All the very best to you.. :)

Tux, remember that muscle mass weighs more than fat mass. If you are strengthening up, this will look like u are putting weight on!

Welcome Tux, agree with Matty, how are your measurements and tone doing? x

Hi tux. If you think about it, you're on a 600 cal diet and if you're exercising 800 cals off regularly, your body is actually in deficit - maybe too much so for it to cope with anything else other than surviving, hence it's holding onto its resources as hard as it can. Either increase your calorific intake or ease up on the exercise. Two days ago I realised I was getting too few calories the first half of the week (didn't read the WS instructions properly) and I'd barely lost a tenth of a pound, I've increased by another sachet and in one day I lost 1 1/2 pounds!

Try it for a week, if you're plateauing anyway you've got nothing to lose (except weight!)

Hi tux!

As peeps have already said above, I think it's the 2 factors, that your burning too many calories for what your intake is, when on this diet because your body is being shocked into living on 600 calories a day and going into ketosis it's recommended to not do too much exercise at first otherwise your body thinks it's starving and holds on to fat to protect your body and organs for as long as possible.

Also if your gaining muscle and doing toning exercises and building yourself up that's gonna keep your weight up too!

And lastly... At 6ft and 14stone I can't imagine you have much left to lose really do you?? So that could slow your losses down too!

Back