New and Confused?!

kjudge

Hi,

Hope someone can help!

I have just decided today that I think I will give Slim Fast a go to lose weight, I have been attending Scottish Slimmers since April this year and its a total yo - yo I am actually heavier by a few pounds now than I was when I started!!:cry:

I think that i know what my problem was a few years ago I lost just about 3 stone with Scottish Slimmers and even although I really want to stick to it and more the point I really need to stick to it - I know how to cheat too, hence I have decided something new that I need to pay attention to should may be work a bit better..

So question time - I have been on the Slim Fast website - Can some one please confirm if i have got this right before I start?

Should I be having a smoothie / shake / bar for breakfast and lunch and then a small meal for dinner? I''m a bit lost with adding the snacks?

Thanks Karen

Hi Karen and welcome to the Slimfast thread :wavey: I am currently on week 3 and loving it. Sorry to hear of your ups and downs with the Scottish slimmers.

You are right in what you have read you can have:-

Breakfast- shake/smoothy or bar
Snack-something for 100 cals doesn't have to be a Slimfast product there is a really good "sticky" on the top of the Slimfast forum with good ideas
Lunch-shake etc.
Snack-same as above
Dinner-any meal you fancy as long as it doesn't exceed 600 cals
Snack-same as above.

So really easy to follow, good luck on your journey looking forward to seeing how you get on :D

Hi and welcome...
Like jellytot has already said, thats as easy as it is...

you could also if you wanted to have that 600 cal meal at lunch and then a shake, smoothie, or bar for dinner (totally up to you)

you dont have to have all your snacks, and what i have been doing is if i know im going out with friends, or dinner with the hubby, and i would like to have a decent pud or starter for instance, i will not have any of my snacks during the day.... (not sure if this is "allowed" but thats how ive been doing it!!)

good luck!! we are all here to help and this site has been nothing but inspiration and support for me so far....
and i hope it can be the same for you!!!!

Thanks

:eek:

Thanks for the replies! I think that the options of having the meal for lunch and vice versa you can make it fit your day this way!!

Will be off to Tesco tomorrow and will start from scratch on Monday!!

Can you still have tea / coffee with a bit of milk?

Karen

i couldnt live without my tea and coffee. lol...
and also my milk.. lol... ive started using skimmed milk... (getting used to it and its not that bad actually!!) and only using a small amount. but i also kinda factor that into my allowance too!. if ive had a few coffees i tend to only have an 80 cal snack.
although lately i have not been really having my snacks as ive not felt like them after the amount of water that i have been drinking...

Back