New and confused

apw591

Hi all,

Over the last 9 months I've lost a stone by calorie counting etc. Not great - but then I haven't really stuck to it either, and a stone off is better than a stone on!

However, I really need motivation now, so last week decided to join SW online, I really cannot get to a class. I joined on Tuesday, thinking that paying the money would be good motivation to stick to it. However, I haven't really stuck to it, mostly because I didn't plan my shopping. So, I've decided to shop this weekend and stick to it 100% from Monday. I will reset my progress on SW from Monday.

Can anyone help me with some menu plans? I'm finding it really confusing. I can do any of the schemes, although my family would all whinge if they didn't get their meat, so might be easier to do red days. I'm 51 and currently weigh about 14 stone 11lb so have a way to go. I'd love to lose a couple of stone by May half term (I work in a school so always think in terms of holidays!) as I have my son's passing out parade (from the Police) on 22nd June and daughter's graduation on 16th July, so would like to look a lot less blobby in the photos!

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

apw591 said:
Thanks for that. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I couldn't find my post!

All your posts will have a tick mark beside them on the right hand side, makes it easier to find them also at the top of the site there's 'quick links' (I think that's what it is, I'm not at my computer) and if you click on it you should see 'subscribed threads' and this will show all the posts you have either started or commented on :)

apw591 said:
Thanks for that. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I couldn't find my post!

If you click on user cp on the top of the page will see all threads you've subscribed to, or started. Much easier than trawling through all threads to find a particular one.

Also, have a look through some of the food diaries in the food diaries section, loads of inspiration there hun x

kingleds said:
If you click on user cp on the top of the page will see all threads you've subscribed to, or started. Much easier than trawling through all threads to find a particular one.

Also, have a look through some of the food diaries in the food diaries section, loads of inspiration there hun x

ooops is that where it is, I have a crap memory!!

Just popped in to say Hi and welcome to Minimins :)

Well done on the stone you have lost so far, that's great. You'll get lots of meal ideas and recipes on here, you'll be spoilt for choice :)

Welcome :) If you don't plan with SW it is easy to go off track. I've seen tips that some slimmers on here write on packets with permanent marker the syn value of what they buy in, batch cooking is pretty useful (that way you always have a meal in the freezer). Don't forget that Extra Easy also allows you to have meat syn free too x

gingerlex said:
Welcome :) If you don't plan with SW it is easy to go off track. I've seen tips that some slimmers on here write on packets with permanent marker the syn value of what they buy in, batch cooking is pretty useful (that way you always have a meal in the freezer). Don't forget that Extra Easy also allows you to have meat syn free too x

That's something I like 2 do. My packets t all marked, 1 for quickness & 2 for my other half when he is makin me dinner, I tell him wot I can have & he prepared 4 me :) He's a good soul x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

I'd say that extra easy would be your best bet. It's as near to normal eating as you can get,and very family friendly. You can make chilli, bolognese, homemade curries, loads of pasta dishes. In fact pretty much anything you can think off can be made SW friendly without too many compromises (except fajitas unfortunately) what kind of foods do you & your family like to eat?

I'd agree that extra easy is probably the easiest with a family, it's so much more like normal eating, you just need to adapt recipes a bit to make them lower fat. Good luck!

kingleds said:
I'd say that extra easy would be your best bet. It's as near to normal eating as you can get,and very family friendly. You can make chilli, bolognese, homemade curries, loads of pasta dishes. In fact pretty much anything you can think off can be made SW friendly without too many compromises (except fajitas unfortunately) what kind of foods do you & your family like to eat?

I still have the chicken done in the old el paso fajita mix and have it with chips and lots of salad! I do miss the tortilla but it's still yummy!

vanilla_cupcake said:
I still have the chicken done in the old el paso fajita mix and have it with chips and lots of salad! I do miss the tortilla but it's still yummy!

Someone (forgive my old brain I forget who), uses lettuce as a tortilla to wrap Fajitas up in, good compromise I reckon!

Hi and welcome, I only started back in February so not perhaps the best person to give advice, but this forum is great for inspiration and recipes, enjoy!

I found it hard at first but I think once you get into it it gets easier, to be honest I find this site quite hard to follow ha ha xx

Back