new and epic struggler

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by lala9, 25 July 2011 Social URL.

1. lala9

lala9 New Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    I am new here and have always struggled with my weight. The struggle however seems to be cyclical. I will lose weight and then as soon as people start commenting on my weight loss, i put weight back on. It sounds ridiculous because the comments should motivate me to keep going. Two years ago I was 13 stone and in a long distance relationship. During the year my partner and I were separated I became an extreme emotional eater and have put on about 3 stone. I have been trying to take weight off, but it never amounts to more than a few pound and I hover at the same weight. My partner doesn't care about my weight but I feel like it is a personal failure on my part that I cannot keep the weight off. I am joining here because I feel that if I have written about my struggle somewhere then I will be more likely to keep going. I currently weigh 16 stone and I will hopefully change this very soon! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Spanky Doodle Dandy

Spanky Doodle Dandy Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.51%)
    Diet:
    Slmming Worls
    You go for it, I haven't lost any weight yet, but I wont stop trying! I've put on 3 stone since meeting my partner and he says he loves me the way I am, but I dont want to be a rolly polly any more!!!

You can do it!!!!!

Good Luck!

4. bin59

bin59 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi lala9, I do exactly the same lose weight then about 6 months later it all plus more goes back on:mad:
    This time I managed to stop before putting it all back on but would love to lose the 2 stone I managed to gain.
    Good luck I am sure you will do it especially with this forum for support, there are always plenty of ideas and tips, and if things are not going so well there are always people on here who will listen:D x

5. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Definetly start a diary :) it really really helped me with my emotional eating at the start. And if you keep it fairly anonymous (as in your freinds an family wont know its you!!) you can really thrash out how your feeling!! But not worry about what anyone will think as i can say hand on heart ive never encountered negativity on minimins!!

Now I still have the urge to eat uncontrollably sometimes but it's so much easier to stop myself!! In fact I don't really write much about that anymore :) I mostly just have a good moan!! But in the early days it was a lifesaver!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. x Alex x

x Alex x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.8lb(1.51%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/cal count

you sound like me! I promised myself i would lose the weight by my 24th birthday. i am noq 3 weeks from my 25th birthday and i weigh even more (after loosing the majority about 6 months ago!)

7. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    All so similar here too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.