new and epic struggler

lala9

I am new here and have always struggled with my weight. The struggle however seems to be cyclical. I will lose weight and then as soon as people start commenting on my weight loss, i put weight back on. It sounds ridiculous because the comments should motivate me to keep going. Two years ago I was 13 stone and in a long distance relationship. During the year my partner and I were separated I became an extreme emotional eater and have put on about 3 stone. I have been trying to take weight off, but it never amounts to more than a few pound and I hover at the same weight. My partner doesn't care about my weight but I feel like it is a personal failure on my part that I cannot keep the weight off. I am joining here because I feel that if I have written about my struggle somewhere then I will be more likely to keep going. I currently weigh 16 stone and I will hopefully change this very soon! :)

You go for it, I haven't lost any weight yet, but I wont stop trying! I've put on 3 stone since meeting my partner and he says he loves me the way I am, but I dont want to be a rolly polly any more!!!

You can do it!!!!!

Good Luck!

Hi lala9, I do exactly the same lose weight then about 6 months later it all plus more goes back on:mad:
This time I managed to stop before putting it all back on but would love to lose the 2 stone I managed to gain.
Good luck I am sure you will do it especially with this forum for support, there are always plenty of ideas and tips, and if things are not going so well there are always people on here who will listen:D x

Definetly start a diary :) it really really helped me with my emotional eating at the start. And if you keep it fairly anonymous (as in your freinds an family wont know its you!!) you can really thrash out how your feeling!! But not worry about what anyone will think as i can say hand on heart ive never encountered negativity on minimins!!

Now I still have the urge to eat uncontrollably sometimes but it's so much easier to stop myself!! In fact I don't really write much about that anymore :) I mostly just have a good moan!! But in the early days it was a lifesaver!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am new here and have always struggled with my weight. The struggle however seems to be cyclical. I will lose weight and then as soon as people start commenting on my weight loss, i put weight back on. It sounds ridiculous because the comments should motivate me to keep going. Two years ago I was 13 stone and in a long distance relationship. During the year my partner and I were separated I became an extreme emotional eater and have put on about 3 stone. I have been trying to take weight off, but it never amounts to more than a few pound and I hover at the same weight. My partner doesn't care about my weight but I feel like it is a personal failure on my part that I cannot keep the weight off. I am joining here because I feel that if I have written about my struggle somewhere then I will be more likely to keep going. I currently weigh 16 stone and I will hopefully change this very soon! :)

you sound like me! I promised myself i would lose the weight by my 24th birthday. i am noq 3 weeks from my 25th birthday and i weigh even more (after loosing the majority about 6 months ago!)

Back