New and finding it soooo hard

Weejocklassie

Hi everyone,

I am on day 2 of a VLCD. I bought a week of exante shakes, soups and bars, and I have had to force myself to eat every one of them as I really dislike the taste!
I have bought a different brand (Yourdietbuddies???) as I don't know if I can take the taste of these for much longer! They have not come yet though and if they are not here when I get in from work tomorrow I may actually cry!

I am really struggling today though, am starving hungry and craving anything that is not these!

Someone please tell me it gets better or I won't be able to cope. I lost loads of weight with SW a few years ago but put it all back on :-( I did well because I could cheat on SW so I could have treats, but I know I can't do that on this one! I have so much more to lose this time though - I would settle for 3 stone, but 5 would be better!

Aaaarrrgh I just wish I could sew my mouth shut!

Are there any of the exante packs that you like?
I hate the soups (bleurgh!) and not keen on the bars so I only have the shakes and then also have tesco ultra slim meal replacement bars as they are allowed.

I didn't like the shakes at first but now I love the choc and vanilla and can deal with the banana and strawberry.
I put a spoonful of coffee in the choc and vanilla ones and I could drink those forever!
I put a sweetener or 2 in the others and they taste fine.

To pep up the soups you can use salt, pepper, tobasco and chilli flakes. Maybe try those in yours.

The tomato soup was the worst thing I have ever eaten, the bars are salty so a bit odd and an effort to eat! I have so far had the banana and strawberry shakes and didn't like either, but yet to try the choc and vanilla - that will be tomorrow's special treat!
I had the Thai chicken soup tonight, lukewarm so I could drink it quickly, and it was edible, nowhere near as awful as the tomato.
I don't know if I can face any more of the bars, after trying one of each type, so I am just desperately waiting for the other lot of stuff to come, and hoping they are better!
How long does it normally take to get over the cravings and hunger, I have drunk so much water today, and I don't remember even having cravings like this when I was pregnant!

Thanks for your reply :)

Its no good if your not enjoying it hun, you should try the Slim & save stuff the range is delicious take a look in the S&S forums everyone raving about the flavours. Good luck in whatever you decide hun xx

Feeling hungry usually goes when you hit ketosis at about day 4, after that it really is alot easier.
Cravings are a different matter, I sometimes still crave food but I'm not hungry for it....if that makes sense!

I hope your other packs turn up soon and that you enjoy them.

Sometimes people start off hating certain packs/flavours but after a while your taste buds change and you like things you didn't before.
I agree though the soups are foul and I used to have to down them or I'd feel ill!

Hi
sorry for gatecrashing the thread!

I started Optislim today and while i just about managed the shake this morning, the soup at lunch (tomato) made me physically sick :(
I have ordered some exante packs today, but only the shakes & bars as i cannot even think about any soups again!!
I did have a ww meal for dinner, as well as 2 snacks through the day, but am really hungry now (this is my normal 'munchy' time!) so have came to bed with the laptop to be inspired by all your weight losses :D

I wish you well on your journey :)

if i dont have decent losses over the next 2 weeks, im gonna take the plunge and do exante rapid... i'll keep you posted on my success!

Happy slimming :)

Well I survived the night without giving in!
Had a vanilla shake this morning - definitely the most palatable so far! At least they encourage you to drink lots of water lol :)
Luckily my son has lunch and dinner at nursery in the week and I avoid the canteen at school so I haven't been faced with some kind of lovely food, but my parents are visiting this weekend so it is going to be hard, plus I have hardly any food in, so going to have to do some shopping for them and my son for the weekend!
I am trying so hard not to weigh myself until Tuesday because I know weight fluctuates all the time but if I don't lose anything I am going to be gutted!

I am glad other people find some of the replacements less than tasty too! The bars are going in the bin, they are just too horrid!

Have a good day everyone!

Yay, I survived the day at work even though a couple of the other teachers went to KFC at lunch, and I love KFC!

And my new packs have arrived, so I am looking forward to one of those after my son's bed time- sat having a nice coffee and feeling so pleased I have made it this far lol, pathetic when I see how much some of you have lost and I haven't even done the first week!

:)

Oooooooh just had a dietimeal chilli and it was SO lovely! I added some chilli and cumin powder but seriously, it was lush!
I feel much more confident now I have had at least one thing I like! Will try the other things tomorrow!

:)

Back