New and finding my way around here (I think I am anyway! lol)

Heather I like the options with quark, I have it on an evening when the chocolate craving is just so high I think I will burst if I don't get chocolate right that second lol theres a highlights one with fudge that I like, have you tried it? I need to buy the white chocolate options one.

I tried the quark mousse and wow I'm impressed! I was a bit dubious if I'm honest and I did add a teaspoon of stevia to sweeten it a little, but overall a good mouse substitute! Going to get some different flavours tonight and experiment.

It's nice isn't it! My best friend seems to be quark at the moment, such a versatile ingredient.. I wonder if we whipped it if it would go even more light and fluffy like mouse.. ?

That sounds like a good theory... May have to experiment. Quark is my new best friend. I'm stocking up tonight! I'm going to use it to make a creamy pasta sauce tonight, will see how that goes.

That sounds like a good theory... May have to experiment. Quark is my new best friend. I'm stocking up tonight! I'm going to use it to make a creamy pasta sauce tonight, will see how that goes.

I use it to make a pasta and curry creamy too. I had it with my normal cadburys highlights tonight and thought I'd try adding a tsp of Baileys ... oh yes that was worth the syn :D

I use it to make a pasta and curry creamy too. I had it with my normal cadburys highlights tonight and thought I'd try adding a tsp of Baileys ... oh yes that was worth the syn :D

Haha now you're talking! I may have that as my weekend treat next weekend when OH is away.

The experiment last night was a bit o a failure to be honest, not enough quark, it turned out a bit dry. Will try again and see what happens! Any tips?

I know what you mean, was you adding it to just pasta? As I usually add it to the passata, if I want a creamy cheesy kind of thing instead I usually add a tablespoon or 2 of fat free fromage frais its fairly tasteless but makes it creamier, oh and salt and pepper :) I've found the fromage frais handy actually, I never use to buy it but get one in the shopping every week now. I add it to the quark and hot chocolate too :)

My name is Nicola :) Here is the recipe, it's a nice little video too :) The lady has loads of recipes I've never seen before, lots to try! hope this link works and I've done it right
Ok , just made the lemon Drizzle cake, using the attachment kindly posted by passion fruit, it was a little too sweet for me , and I have been racking my brain thinking of what the taste reminds me of and it is ..... Pancakes with lemon and sugar.
Definitely worth a go, also made the White chocolate & quark which is a cream substitute, that was lovely.
Ra-Ra

Ok , just made the lemon Drizzle cake, using the attachment kindly posted by passion fruit, it was a little too sweet for me , and I have been racking my brain thinking of what the taste reminds me of and it is ..... Pancakes with lemon and sugar.
Definitely worth a go, also made the White chocolate & quark which is a cream substitute, that was lovely.
Ra-Ra

I've realised I've got a sweeter tooth than I thought which is why I must like it lol Quark is such an under rated ingredient, I'd never known it existed before SW but my fridge will never be without it now!

To be honest Passion fruit I had no idea what Quark was! I can't believe how many recipes contains this wonderful product, I am going to try the chocolate mousse next and then the strawberry cream cups, it would be great to have a go-to treat in the fridge.... Especially low in syns , what a bonus!

Hi Nicola! Well done love :) I lost 1/2 lb this week.......only 1/2 lb to my 2 1/2 stone award. Yeeehaaaa!!!! Have a good week love :) xx

Well done Maria :) 2 1/2stone.. that's fantastic, I'm sure you are proud of yourself, I'm nearly there hopefully next week, don't think it'll be this week as its my birthday Friday and I'm going to have a lot of chocolate.... lol I decided on maltesers on chocolate pancakes for breakfast, melted chocolate with maltesers for lunch and a full chocolate banquet for tea lol do you miss chocolate or do you use your syns for it? X

Maria and Heather and everyone, how are you all getting on? I lost 1 1/4 lb this week :)

Sounds like it's going well so far, well done! I maintained this week, but I had a couple of busy weekends eating out, so I'm not surprised it's catching up on me. Got 4 weeks till my holiday so hoping to lose another 4lb by then.

I love the sound of a chocolate banquet for your birthday! I save my syns for chocolate, and have a Freddo a day. With the exception of a Sunday where I have a proper bar of whatever I fancy. I've really had to reign in my chocolate eating cuz I could polish of several bars a day back in the day and no amount of counting syns would help me!

Well done Maria :) 2 1/2stone.. that's fantastic, I'm sure you are proud of yourself, I'm nearly there hopefully next week, don't think it'll be this week as its my birthday Friday and I'm going to have a lot of chocolate.... lol I decided on maltesers on chocolate pancakes for breakfast, melted chocolate with maltesers for lunch and a full chocolate banquet for tea lol do you miss chocolate or do you use your syns for it? X
Oh Nicola, You do make me laugh lol Your banquet sounds like a delightful birthday treat lol :bday: I'm not such a choc-a-holic but I do enjoy the odd chocolate biscuit, also I am a bit of a Malteser fan like you. My failing has always been crisps! Have a lovely day on Friday and don't consider Syns until Saturday :bestwishes:xxx

Sonds like it's going well so far, well done! I maintained this week, but I had a couple of busy weekends eating out, so I'm not surprised it's catching up on me. Got 4 weeks till my holiday so hoping to lose another 4lb by then.

I love the sound of a chocolate banquet for your birthday! I save my syns for chocolate, and have a Freddo a day. With the exception of a Sunday where I have a proper bar of whatever I fancy. I've really had to reign in my chocolate eating cuz I could polish of several bars a day back in the day and no amount of counting syns would help me!

Hi Heather! Good luck with losing your 4lb by the time you go on holiday love. I do feel sorry for all you choc lovers.......so hard to resist but you sound as if you are doing really well but still enjoying your choc-a-day lol xx

Last edited:
Oh Nicola, You do make me laugh lol Your banquet sounds like a delightful birthday treat lol :bday: I'm not such a choc-a-holic but I do enjoy the odd chocolate biscuit, also I am a bit of a Malteser fan like you. My failing has always been crisps! Have a lovely day on Friday and don't consider Syns until Saturday :bestwishes:xxx

Oh yes crisps, I do think most people are team crisps or team choc! I could quite happily go without crisps but a life without the good stuff well I don't think I could! Thank-you for the birthday wishes, yes I'm going to basically have what I normally have but with my fruit I'm going to dip it in choc and I'm going to have my normal SW pancakes but with added cocoa as I don't want to stray too far and find it too hard to get back into, but I do feel I need a bit of a treat ☕ and it was either a takeaway meal or choc throughout the day.. I can't wait. Good luck with your weigh in Wednesday. xx

Sounds like it's going well so far, well done! I maintained this week, but I had a couple of busy weekends eating out, so I'm not surprised it's catching up on me. Got 4 weeks till my holiday so hoping to lose another 4lb by then.

I'm with you on that, I could easily eat myself sick on bars of chocolate, it's dangerous how much I love chocolate, I think it's been made more intense by the fact I had to go without all choc while my baby was reacting to it through me breastfeeding him. Luckily for us both his tolerance is increasing and I can now have milk products. I don't know how I did it, well I do, I did it for my gorgeous boy, I couldn't do it for me though! Good luck on losing those 4lbs before your hols!

Literally I could give up crisps forever without even looking back, but chocolate? I think I'd die. There's a girl on my facebook who hasn't had chocolate for about 6 years and I just can't imagine it. I gave it up for a month last year and it was the hardest month of my life!

It's my mom's birthday today, so saving my syns for a tiny slice of birthday cake, but it will be tiny I promise you that!

Also Nicola - I finally tried the Baileys with my Mint Options Quark Mousse - delicious, it tasted like cheesecake! I might have an extra syn treat at some point and crumble a digestive biscuit into it so it properly tastes like cheesecake!

Back