New and finding my way around here (I think I am anyway! lol)

Literally I could give up crisps forever without even looking back, but chocolate? I think I'd die. There's a girl on my facebook who hasn't had chocolate for about 6 years and I just can't imagine it. I gave it up for a month last year and it was the hardest month of my life!

It's my mom's birthday today, so saving my syns for a tiny slice of birthday cake, but it will be tiny I promise you that!

Also Nicola - I finally tried the Baileys with my Mint Options Quark Mousse - delicious, it tasted like cheesecake! I might have an extra syn treat at some point and crumble a digestive biscuit into it so it properly tastes like cheesecake!

I went without it for just over a year, but I wouldn't do it out of choice.. I'm surprised I didn't lose more weight, I must have found other comfort foods to replace it! Although I'm happy the weight loss has been slow and steady, which suits me better for long-term. You haven't got much to lose now :) can't wait til I get that close.

Happy Birthday wishes for your mum :) enjoy that bit of cake

I'm glad you liked the Baileys addition, really nice isn't it! Bet it would be lovely with a digestive or even a ginger biscuit, how do they compare on syns I wonder...

I've got the rice for the risotto ready and waiting... it's on my list for this week, I also brought pudding rice so I could make a nice dessert too :)

No, I didn't lose any weight, but then my intake of Jammy Dodgers increasing quite a lot, so that may explain it!

I think ginger biscuits are better than digestives, but digestives would give it more of a cheesecake taste... I'll experiment and get back to you!

Oooh you're going to look like a grain of rice this week! lol. Let me know how the pudding goes, you know me, I'm always looking for a pudding!

I went without it for just over a year, but I wouldn't do it out of choice.. I'm surprised I didn't lose more weight, I must have found other comfort foods to replace it! Although I'm happy the weight loss has been slow and steady, which suits me better for long-term. You haven't got much to lose now :) can't wait til I get that close.

Happy Birthday wishes for your mum :) enjoy that bit of cake

I'm glad you liked the Baileys addition, really nice isn't it! Bet it would be lovely with a digestive or even a ginger biscuit, how do they compare on syns I wonder...

I've got the rice for the risotto ready and waiting... it's on my list for this week, I also brought pudding rice so I could make a nice dessert too :)
Hi, just noticed you are planning to make a pudding with rice, thought I'd share this with you...I made a lovely rice pudding added a couple of drops of Coconut Essence had it with some fresh a Raspberries... Really enjoyed it x

Hi Nicola! Put on 1lb this week......I felt devastated for a couple of days :( Bounced back now thank goodness....nearly fell of the wagon!! My husband put on a few pounds as well so maybe I wasn't counting syns quite so well eh? I have been really fancying rice pudding for ages and after looking at yours and Ra-ra's posts, I think this is the week :rolleyes:, I love coconut so I definitely think I'm going to give it a try! How did you all get on this week? xx Ps Heather, hope you enjoyed your mums birthday cake :character00254:

It' s funny how we have similar areas of need. I've just started but finding vegetarian snacks is proving hard. Miller lights, Jelly pots etc have gelatin :(

How's it going in general? Tried any exciting new recipes lately? @Passion fruit is a bit quiet too....
Hello Heather! Have you changed your 'name'? lol Yes, I've noticed that Nicola has been a bit quiet lately, mind you with school holidays maybe she's been a bit too busy...I remember it well!!!!!! I made a lovely carbonara the other day but I didn't write the recipe down....typical!! Apart from that, just our usual meals in a SW way I'm afraid! How about you? Any new sweets? :)

Hi Maria, yes I changed my 'name', I decided I didn't like my full name being out there in the big wide world so am using the name I've wanted since the first Pirates of the Caribbean film ;)

Yeah, the whole forum's a bit quiet, I imagine the school holidays have a lot to do with that!

Ooh I'd like to do a carbonara. If you come across the recipe again let me know! We've been sticking with the same things lately, been so busy just needed quick things so stuck with what I know. Need to be on it 100% now, 20 days to be bikini ready! Eeek!!

Hi Maria, yes I changed my 'name', I decided I didn't like my full name being out there in the big wide world so am using the name I've wanted since the first Pirates of the Caribbean film ;)

Yeah, the whole forum's a bit quiet, I imagine the school holidays have a lot to do with that!

Ooh I'd like to do a carbonara. If you come across the recipe again let me know! We've been sticking with the same things lately, been so busy just needed quick things so stuck with what I know. Need to be on it 100% now, 20 days to be bikini ready! Eeek!!

Love that film Hev :) I used the SW recipe for Creamy carbonara sauce and added chopped roast ham (left over from dinner the day before) and lots of chopped mushrooms. I used ordinary 30% less fat mature cheddar as I didn't have any parmesan at the time. It really was tasty :eating: and so easy!!! Hope you get the chance to try it. Did you manage to lose this week? xx

Love that film Hev :) I used the SW recipe for Creamy carbonara sauce and added chopped roast ham (left over from dinner the day before) and lots of chopped mushrooms. I used ordinary 30% less fat mature cheddar as I didn't have any parmesan at the time. It really was tasty :eating: and so easy!!! Hope you get the chance to try it. Did you manage to lose this week? xx

I haven't lost for a few weeks now, just been maintaining. I don't know whether it's because I've had a couple of off-plan days or if it's muscle from doing weight training at the gym. I like to tell myself it's the latter. But, less than 3 weeks to be bikini ready now!

I'm going to google the carbonara and give that a go next week I think. Need to mix up my meals a bit.

I've done some research for you and Alpro yoghurt are suitable for vegetarians, they do a great coconut one which I have been told is 2 syns for a 500 ml pot.
Hope this helps x
I love alpro yoghurts ... vegan too I think... I thuthink nk I felt cheated at not having all the free taste options with Muller! But at 2 syns for 500ml it is practically free... never seen coconut, will look out for it. I love their vanilla ...

Back