New and first day on slim fast

caz1986

Hey all, i am new to the slim-fast plan, this is my first day on it and i am pleasently surprised so far, i had a strawberry shake for breakfast, a banana for 10 o'clock, a latte shake for lunch so hopefully i am on the right track so far, i was doing slimming world for a while, but for me it was to complicated, or maybe not strict enough, but i like this plan as its just one meal i need to plan for, any tips for the newbie lol, lookforward to speaking to you all. Caroline x

Hiya carloine.

Welcome to slim fast. Im on my third day, started monday so im a newbie too. Every one here is lovely, you'll get loads of help and support (especially off the slim fast pros!!!).

Best advice i was given was to read through some of the diaries, they act as real good motivation, as well as giving you loads of tips!

I've been finding slim fast brilliant (so far) struggled a little with temptation last night but came on here and there was plenty of people around to talk me round!!!!

Like I said this is my third day and im really learning to appreciate food..... i had a banana earlier and for the first time really really enjoyed it!! Just shows i dont need to eat a whole pack of donuts for satisfaction!!!!

All the best of luck, and im sure you'll keep us updated with your progress.

Lotty.xxx

welcome to slimfast and the forum brilliant place for motivation hints tips and a boot up the bum when finding things hard lol

I found the slimming world forum on ivillage great for help and support and the appreciated kick up the bum when i went off the rails, but i just think i need something thats more strict with me, it was a toss up between the slim fast and liposilm (*i think thats what its called lol*) but i didn't like the idea of having no food at all, so at least with sf you get a meal lol i have a huge amount of weight to lose..........8st, i have joined the local gym and going 3 times a week now, and i will start keeping a food diary for every single day now, so girls.... onwards and downwards!!

Hellooo! Welcome to the forum, and to slimfast :D Good luck, and I agree with what the others have said - this is a great, friendly, motivating place :D

I keep a food diary too, it does help to see exactly what you're eating!

If you have an iPhone there's a great app for keeping a food diary. It's myfitnesspal, you can also get it on the computer aswell. You can find most foods on there an it'll calculate your calories. I use this and it really helps.

welcome Caroline, im a newbie too, day 3 for me so far, and its been great!! i love my food and snacks, so was a tiny worried at first that id be starving and cheat but its been fine, with the shakes and snack allowance you dont feel hungry and theres so much support on here if you feel a bit down or feel like cheating!
look forward to reading your diary, good luck
x

Hi i have not long stopped slimming world as well!
I have lost 8 pounds in two weeks so so far its going a lot better than SW. Like everyone else said myfitnesspal is a god send.

good luck!

Hello an welcome, I'm 3rd week in and lost 8lbs, and as a fellow ex- SWer I can say that younshoumd
Find this a breath of fresh air!! Never understood how I could loose weight eating playefulls of pasta and mash!!

Good luck with SF, keep us updated!! :)

Back