New and 'going it alone' with EE plan

Day 7 - Weds 20th May

Breakfast - Magic Porridge using 35g porridge oats (HEB), Mullerlight raspberry and cranberry yoghurt, frozen cherries and redcurrants, fresh strawberries

Lunch - scrambled eggs (2), 3 slices ham (no fat), 1/3 tin baked beans, cherry toms. 1 nectarine. Tea with skimmed milk and sweeteners

Dinner - jacket potato with tuna mixed with extra light mayo, (2 syns) served with carrot, cucumber and cherry toms

Snacks - banana, cup of tea with skimmed milk and sweeteners at bedtime

HEA - milk in tea
HEB - porridge oats
Syns - 2
:D

Just got back from a 1.16 mile walk with the dog, completed in 22 mins.

Last edited:
Thank you Autumnflower. I have two boxes of them outside but so far haven't had any - not felt a need to which can only be a good thing. Nice to know syn value though in case I do have one.

So far, so good I think but I have mixed thoughts about Friday's weigh in. I feel I have been really good and followed this well so if I don't get a loss I feel that I will become demotivated and possibly fall off the wagon so to speak.

Oh don't even think that way! We all get the one or the other week where we don't lose as much as we thought we should but it's the carrying on that will get us to goal!!!!

Not sure if i understand all this correctly, but you've never had this diet explained to you through a group? Fair play to you, i, even though i'm going it alone now, have been a group member for about a year previously and don't think i would have got my head round sw at all without that!

Have you got any friends that could get you the big sw food directory from a sw group? That's my absolute life saver regarding syns! I still need to ask on minimins for some syns as they are not listed but 98% of the syns i need are listed!
Also the free food booklet is great as it lists all the hex a&b you can have!

Good luck with your weigh in on friday!!! DON'T give up xx

Yes that's right strawberryshortcake. I am planning on getting the books from a well known auction site on payday. I have just been reading up on here, looking at peoples food diaries and started it. I feel that my head is in the right place to do it now.

The sheer fact that I have cut all sweets, chocolates, biscuits and cakes out of my diet and am doing a short walk most days must count for something I guess.

I am just someone that needs to see results quickly or I end up quitting thinking 'what is the point, nothing works' so even a very small loss will be the step in the right direction to make me carry on.

I did WW years ago and was successful with that but when I have re-tried it I give up after a few days. I guess I haven't really had the right mindset to get on with it. I just know that the WI's each week really did motivate me and one week I even lost 7lb but averaged on 2-3 per week.

I used to do ww as well ages ago, but in the end i couldn't stand being hungry anymore!!
I know what you mean about being in the right frame of mind...mindset is this biggest issue with any healthy eating plan or diet!

Regarding the books...the cheapest option would be to go to a group and sign up...stay for the meeting and the new members talk...that will explain sw better than any other book / website can! Minimins is ace but having sw explained by a consultant is best...plus you can ask all the questions that you might have encountered up to now! If you get a free registration coupon it will only cost you 4.95 (?) that will give you all the starter books and you've got the opportunity to get the sw food directory and the free food booklet! That way you're truly ready to do sw from home on you own with the occasional little help from your friends on minimins!

This way you'll save huge amounts of money as i know how much the books on e*** go for, just sold my old ones on there!!!

Day 8 - Thurs 21st May

Breakfast - Magic Porridge using 35g porridge oats (HEB), Mullerlight raspberry and cranberry yoghurt, frozen cherries and redcurrants, fresh raspberries and banana

Lunch - Aldi ravioli 400g tin
(1 Syn), Mullerlight yoghurt, cup of tea using skimmed milk and sweeteners

Dinner - jacket potato with tuna mixed with extra light mayo, (1 syn) served with carrot, cucumber and cherry toms (same as yesterday but with half the amount of tuna and mayo, running late as we had sons football training and this was quick and easy)

Snacks - banana, cup of tea with skimmed milk and sweeteners

Note to self: Tea tasting too sweet with 2 sweeteners in it now, cut down to 1 1/2.

Is sugar addictive? It seems that I used to crave sweets and chocolate so much but having gone 'cold turkey' with them, I no longer crave them and find things like tea tasting too sweet.

HEB - porridge oats
HEA - milk in tea
Syns - 2

:eek::eek::eek: Weigh in day tomorrow :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Here to subscribe and offer support

Great idea from SS about going to group and getting the books and the talk. Eb@y will probably end up costing you more.

Good luck tomorrow x

Day 9 - Friday 22nd May

:eek::eek::eek:Weigh in day :eek::eek::eek:

Well, firstly I think I need to buy new scales. I am getting different readings everytime resulting in anything from a 2lb to a 5lb loss. Hoping it is the latter as this was just over a week and really considering I have cut everything bad from my diet, and walked 3 times this week 2lb seems quite a low amount to lose. BUT at least it is still registering a loss which is good. :) (I'll count it as -2lb for now - new scales at weekend)

Breakfast - 2 rashers bacon, 2 eggs, toms, mushrooms (fried in 1 cal spray), 1 wm toast (HEB) and 1/2 tin beans.

Lunch - not hungry after big breakfast so just had rest of tuna I mixed up last night and cherry tomatoes. (1 syn)

Dinner - baked cod fillet, 1/2 packet ainsley harriot cous cous, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, carrot, red pepper, glass robinsons no added sugar squash. Mullerlight yoghurt

Snack - handful red grapes, cup of tea with milk and sweeteners, banana, 2 x options mint hot choc (4 syns), strawberries, benefit bar (3 syns)

HEA - milk in tea
HEB - w/m toast
Syns - 8

Walked 1.20 miles and burned off 115 calories

Last edited:
Day 10 - Sat 23rd May

Breakfast - 2 bacon, 2 eggs, cherry toms, mushrooms fried in 1 cal spray, 1 wm toast (HEB) with 1/3 tin beans. Tea with skimmed milk and sweeteners

Lunch - not very hungry so just had a fruit salad consisting of 1 banana, 4 strawberries, 1 satsuma

Dinner - chicken breast, roasted veg (peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes and carrots) cous cous. Muller light yoghurt.

Snacks - 2 x apple and sultana benefit bar (5 syns), tea with skimmed milk and sweeteners, options mint hot choc (2 syns), banana

*note to self - trying to use syns more as reading losts of posts last night, it seems that not using them is not helping me and I can't help feeling disappointed at only a 2lb loss last week after completely changing everything and not eating/drinking anything 'bad'. Wondering also if I should not be eating bananas and grapes. :confused:

HEA - milk in tea
HEB - w.m toast
Syns - 7

Walked 1.4 miles and burned off 157 calories

Last edited:
Hi, i am new to SW and here to subscribe. :)

Thanks strawberryshortcake and welcome Razzle dazzle! :)

Just been out and bought new scales so hopefully will get same reading each time now :eek:

Day 11 - Sunday 24th May

Breakfast - 2 bacon, 3 cherry toms, 1/3 tin beans, 1 wm toast (HEB), 2 eggs cup of tea with milk and sweeteners.

After this I went out and cut, strimmed and weeded front garden which must have burned some of it off!

Lunch - slice ham, 1/2 hard boiled egg, 3 cherry toms with lettuce and cucumber

Dinner - fajitas made with 1 el paso wrap (8 syns), chicken and salad. Served with sweet potato wedges and coleslaw mix without any dressing

Snacks - options mint hot choc, (2 syns) 1 benefit apple and sultana bar (2.5 syns)

HEA - milk in tea
HEB - wm toast
SYNs - 12.5

Really struggling to get more syns in although managed it today having that wrap.

Just been on a walk with the dog. 1.7 miles and burned 187 calories although if you saw the hills I had to go up I am sure it could be more than that!

Total miles extra walked this week 7 miles. :bliss:

Last edited:
Day 12 - Monday 25th May

Feeling more inspired and wanting to do this now. Not sure what the change in mood is but I'm good with it.

Breakfast - ham slices, cherry toms, scrambled egg, beans and wm toast (HEB)

Lunch - ham slices, dairylea light thin spreading (1/2 HEA) and cherry toms

Snacks - 1 trebor softmint (0.5 syn)

HEA - dairylea light and milk
HEB - wm toast
SYNS

Walked 1.4 miles and burned off 161 calories

Back