New and looking for support

fraggle1805

Hi this is a now or never for me, I am 29, married with a 3 year old daughter and should have a pretty perfect life but I hate myself and it is affecting everything. I started Xenical 8 days ago and so far it is going great. 7lbs off in the first week and am still staying really motivated with is great but I started this weighing 19 stone 10 and have a long long way to go. Just found the forum so am hoping to meet some people here who have gone through the same thing or are going through it.

Welcome to the forum x

7lbs off in your first week is FAB! Well done :D

Good luck with the rest of your journey,

LiSe Xx

Hi Fraggle :wavey:

Welcome to the forum, there is lots of good advice and support on here so if you have any problems or questions don't be afraid to ask.

7lb in your 1st week is fantastic! I'm only getting weighed once a month at the dr's as I get a bit obsessive about it and am hoping for a decent number each month.

Good luck with the diet but I'm sure you won't need it :D

xxx

Thanks I was so happy with the weight loss and am finding sticking to the diet easy as well so thanks.

Hiya and welcome to the forum, 7lbs is a fab first week loss :D Good luck for the rest of your weight loss journey
x

Hi this is a now or never for me, I am 29, married with a 3 year old daughter and should have a pretty perfect life but I hate myself and it is affecting everything. I started Xenical 8 days ago and so far it is going great. 7lbs off in the first week and am still staying really motivated with is great but I started this weighing 19 stone 10 and have a long long way to go. Just found the forum so am hoping to meet some people here who have gone through the same thing or are going through it.

firstly welcome and a big well done on your weight loss, I am new to this site as well and i am loving it i find everyone welcoming and supportive so far its helping me stay focus so good luck and I'll probably speak to you sometime soon :)

Hello and Welcome Fraggle! Good luck with all your goals! :)

Thanks everyone for your messages, I feel really welcome already. I had tried using a few other forums and there just seemed to be nobody there. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hello, and welcome :)
My only really big piece of advice would be to try not to focus too much on the end result or the big picture.
Just look ahead to each half stone milestone and reward yourself along the way. Not necessarily anything big, maybe a night in with a hot bath and a glass of wine or something like that. It helps keep you focussed and gives you something to look forward to.
I've been a lot heavier than you are now, but this time I started Xenical I weighed in at almost 19 stone - I felt sluggish and like you, my self esteem was very low.
Now I'm around 16 stone 8, and my confidence is already soaring again. That doesn't mean that I'm happy with my body - I've still got another 4 stone to my lowest ever weight, but I can see that things are happening, people are noticing and I'm fitting into smaller clothes than I have done for ages.
I just wanted you to see that you WILL feel better about yourself very soon, and that small targets and victories along the way make the journey so much easier. 7lbs is a great start - your first half stone gone already! Another half stone and you'll be buying a size smaller...not long to go!
Keep posting, it does really help to have the support of everyone here - they really are a great bunch of people :)

Thanks, the self esteem is the main reason I am doing this really and it has put stress on a friendship when I moaned about my weight and feeling bad about myself. He was one of my best friends and now we aren't talking as he was sick of my self pity so I want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do this. And get rid of the self pity!!!

Hi Fraggle,

I am in a similar boat to you hun, i am 28 years old, no kids as yet.. weight is really getting me down i have lots of clothes in the wardrobe but none fit, and i am having trouble with one of my friends due to my weight as it is getting me down so much. How are you getting on? what is your normal daily diet if you know what i mean. I start tomorrow and could really do with some guidance..

Gems xx

welcome, I am only a week into it, been poorly though this week so haven't taken xenical, still managed to loose 6 pounds by sticking to the rules.

I will be watching for your weigh in next week and well done and you will get there as will we all x x x

Thanks everyone for the messages, they are really appreciated. And Gems I will be on here often and any support buddies are greatly appreciated. I am sticking to less that 18000 calories a day (normally 1700) and not eating anything with more than 5g of fat per 100g. I used the alli website to tell me what I can eat and that recommends less than 19g of fat per meal but if you stick to the other 2 rules I have found that pretty much impossible so it is more like 12g per evening meal and 9 on breakfast and lunch. I am finding it really easy actually and feeling more and more positive as time goes on. Also decided to do some volunteering work today with families as I know how lonely being a mum can be so feeling really good.

Hi and good luck too from another new person. I am 14 and a half stone and people say I don't look it but I feel so terrible about myself. It has got so I won't go out to functions, have a photo taken or anything as I just feel everyone is looking at me and thinking 'look at the state of her'. My hubby says I am fine so does my daughter but mentally I am a mess. Just want to be a size 14/16 and feel good in myself.

I know exactly how you feel. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and friends (well other than the one that is annoyed with me) who always tell me I don't need to change but I need to this this for me. They are also very supportive of helping me so I am lucky.

I am sticking to less that 18000 calories a day
Always best to stay under 18000 calories!! ;)

The guidelines for Alli are slightly different than Xenical, as Alli is only half the strength. 15g per meal is the limit with Xenical, but I don't think that'll be a problem for you as you're not having a huge amount anyway :)

am finding it really easy actually and feeling more and more positive as time goes on. Also decided to do some volunteering work today with families as I know how lonely being a mum can be so feeling really good.

That's really good to hear...I think sometimes the first confidence/self esteem boost comes from taking control, and feeling that you're doing something positive to change things...Then you'll get another boost when the weight loss really starts to show, and you can see the results for yourself :)

ha ha wish all my finances had too many zero's like my calories. I have to admit I did find it hard to find info on the xenical and as seems to be the trend was sent away from my doc with a prescription and no info at all.

Back