New and needing any advice on sw and not smoking x

Hellooooo ladies!! IM a bit of a lurker on here and always think its fab. I gave up smoking 24 days ago and have been eating non stop, its like having a permanent hangover wanting all the stodgy foods, never in my life have i eaten so much food, so any advice on actually losing weight and staying of the dreaded cigs, i need to lose around 2 stone xxxx

Hello! Firstly congratulations on giving up smoking! I've never been a smoker so can't relate to how difficult it must currently be for you but my advice would be to make sure you stock up on loads of superfree foods and make sure you have these on hand anytime you want to snack and also, clean your teeth every time you feel the urge for a drag, or drink a glass of water! There will be peeps much better equipped to give you the 'giving up' help and advice but from me, well done for taking the hardest step xxx

I stopped smoking I think I passed the 100 day mark yesterday, and honestly didn't eat more food than normal, I read allen carrs easyway method for women, and I honestly think it changed the way I thought. 6 weeks into stopping I started dieting so 9 weeks after stopping I joined slimming world and its fine. Do more excersise this is what I did the first 2 weeks or so cos even though I was eating as normal I still know the metabolism is meant to slow down you quit the fags anyway. Sorry I couldn't give any proper advice I think quitting the fags affects us all differently x

stopping smoking is tough. its an addiction, so my advice is to find something else to addict yourself to, but in a good way! I have got into SW much more thoroughly through not smoking and anytime i want a ciggy i pick up my SW book or go on the site and i soon forget about it but its helping me loose weight and hopefully i will start to run again which will replace any cravings and aid my weight loss more!

Rochelle1 said:
I stopped smoking I think I passed the 100 day mark yesterday, and honestly didn't eat more food than normal, I read allen carrs easyway method for women, and I honestly think it changed the way I thought. 6 weeks into stopping I started dieting so 9 weeks after stopping I joined slimming world and its fine. Do more excersise this is what I did the first 2 weeks or so cos even though I was eating as normal I still know the metabolism is meant to slow down you quit the fags anyway. Sorry I couldn't give any proper advice I think quitting the fags affects us all differently x

I used his book :) its brilliant isn't it? changed the way I thought too :) I've stopped for 2 and a half years! Sorry just had to butt in the convo! X

Thanks ladies, im cutting down alot this week (food i mean) in prep for starting slimming world on monday, got all my old sw mags and recipe books out to start slimming world xxx hope it works lol xx is it worth buying the book then? ive got alllen carr on the ds x

I used his book :) its brilliant isn't it? changed the way I thought too :) I've stopped for 2 and a half years! Sorry just had to butt in the convo! X
Yes, brilliant! Someone reccommended it to me and I havnt looked back. Stupid thing is though I know people who are trying to stop and using the hard methods, really struggling and having blips all over the place I know someone with lung damage and she is one of these having blips all the time and yet they won't take my advice and give easyway a go? Lol nobody realises how much of a refreshing way to stop smoking it is until they've read it and stopped smoking successfully

Thanks ladies, im cutting down alot this week (food i mean) in prep for starting slimming world on monday, got all my old sw mags and recipe books out to start slimming world xxx hope it works lol xx is it worth buying the book then? ive got alllen carr on the ds x

Deffo get an allen carr book, the one that says easy way for women without gaining weight that's the one I read! I can't explain it any other way than it makes it feel 'alright' that you are stopping smoking and makes you realise you don't need it etc, I was really frightened of quitting but when I read that it just sort of relaxed me and I love being a non smoker

Oh I stopped with the Allen carr book too. By far best thing ever. It was just the regular one tho. Three years later never touched one!!

im actually doing ok with the smoking during the day im just stuggling if i have a drink, tell me can you enjoy a good drink without a cig because at the mo i doint feel like im ever going to be able to xxx

im actually doing ok with the smoking during the day im just stuggling if i have a drink, tell me can you enjoy a good drink without a cig because at the mo i doint feel like im ever going to be able to xxx

I don't drink in general hun so can't say, but do know people who do and have been stopped smoking . And obviously that part is gonna be hard in the beginning anyway, so I wouldn't have even tried to think it wouldn't be. It probably will get easier though!

Hi I gave up cigs 10 months ago and it is hard but it gets easier you will get there. You will be fine with slimming world diet I have been on a few diets now and slimming world is by far the easiest especially extra easy plan. I never feel hungry and still have treats/ takeaways and all things nice I just save my syns sensibly. Just try and save your syns for when you are more likely to want snacks n treats eg at night time. Good luck x

I stopped smoking 5 years ago.
I found when i got a craving having some citrus fruit like an orange or satsuma really helped take it away!

Back