New and reluctant...

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by mooncate, 2 September 2008 Social URL.

1. mooncate

mooncate New Member

Diet:
    rosemary conley
    Reluctant to call myself a dieter that is, even though I have joined Rosemary Connoly at 21 st 5lbs two weeks ago with the aim of losing 134.5 lbs and so far lost 3.5 lbs. Don't really understand that but my main aim is to get much more active after being a real couch potato for nearly 10 years. I admire the discipline of those who committ to low calorie regimes but know I don't have it. Hope that does not sound too negative but I know I am a slow coach and it will be a long journey.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya Moon and welcome!!

It isn't a race to slimdom so whatever your method of getting there is great if it works for you so pull up a chair at Minimins.

:)

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Don't worry about the speed at which you lose weight. As long as you lose constantly that's all that matters. Try not to think of the whole amount you need to lose but break it down into manageable chunks eg 7 lb or down into the next stone or even 10% of your weight.

Good luck

Irene xx

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Welcome to Minimins :wavey:

6. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    yep. as long as u are happy with the way u choose its all good in the hood. [no i idea why i said that] but the point is as long as u want to loose weight its important u do it in a way that u feel comfortable. just memeber every one here is here to help. i deff have got alot from this site!
    good luck!

7. USAgirl

USAgirl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    welcome welcome welcome

8. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    the encouragement and support on this site is, well ... phenomenal. there are a lot of people on here, doing all different types of diets and plans, losing weight at different speeds. don't worry about the speed at which you lose weight just so long as you do lose it. a lot f us will be around for a long time in any case - i know i will, i'm doing it slooow too.
    all the best of luck on your journey, however long it may be

~Silence~

9. Gloria19

Gloria19 I know I can do it..

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    19st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Good luck.. no matter how long it takes, you'll get there!

10. mooncate

mooncate New Member

Diet:
    rosemary conley
    Thanks so much for welcome

Hi again, just posting to say thank you to everyone for their kind welcomes and encouragement. I realise I probably come over as more doubtful than I am. That's why I can't really discuss the process of weight loss - I will automatically argue myself into not bothering as i have for years. I am following the advice to look take only small amounts at a time. One (to me) positive way is that I can get the full wear out of my present large size wardrobe before I have to buy new clothes. See scrooge as well!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.