New and reluctant...

mooncate

Reluctant to call myself a dieter that is, even though I have joined Rosemary Connoly at 21 st 5lbs two weeks ago with the aim of losing 134.5 lbs and so far lost 3.5 lbs. Don't really understand that but my main aim is to get much more active after being a real couch potato for nearly 10 years. I admire the discipline of those who committ to low calorie regimes but know I don't have it. Hope that does not sound too negative but I know I am a slow coach and it will be a long journey.

Hiya Moon and welcome!!

It isn't a race to slimdom so whatever your method of getting there is great if it works for you so pull up a chair at Minimins.

:)

Hi and welcome. Don't worry about the speed at which you lose weight. As long as you lose constantly that's all that matters. Try not to think of the whole amount you need to lose but break it down into manageable chunks eg 7 lb or down into the next stone or even 10% of your weight.

Good luck

Irene xx

yep. as long as u are happy with the way u choose its all good in the hood. [no i idea why i said that] but the point is as long as u want to loose weight its important u do it in a way that u feel comfortable. just memeber every one here is here to help. i deff have got alot from this site!
good luck!

the encouragement and support on this site is, well ... phenomenal. there are a lot of people on here, doing all different types of diets and plans, losing weight at different speeds. don't worry about the speed at which you lose weight just so long as you do lose it. a lot f us will be around for a long time in any case - i know i will, i'm doing it slooow too.
all the best of luck on your journey, however long it may be

~Silence~

Thanks so much for welcome

Hi again, just posting to say thank you to everyone for their kind welcomes and encouragement. I realise I probably come over as more doubtful than I am. That's why I can't really discuss the process of weight loss - I will automatically argue myself into not bothering as i have for years. I am following the advice to look take only small amounts at a time. One (to me) positive way is that I can get the full wear out of my present large size wardrobe before I have to buy new clothes. See scrooge as well!

Back