New and scared!

Hi everyone,
I'm Jenny and, although I've been browsing for a while, I'm new to this forum. I'm starting Celebrity Slim tomorrow: I've gained over a stone in recent months and am hoping the 8 week challenge will help shift that because I'm not feeling so hot at the moment! I tried CS a month or so ago and lasted only a day and I really want to make a go of it this time. I'm slightly concerned about the dinners though: I'm very much a pasta girl and think I'll be craving carbs since I rarely eat meat. How is everyone else getting on? Any tips are much appreciated! I'll keep you up to date!
Jen xxx

HI Jeny and welcome.I have my 1st WI tomorrow. But so far so good. The snacks help a lot, I do not think I could stick to it without them, and lots of water. When I have tooth for sweet I have 1/2 CS fudge bar with cup of coffee( my snack allowence)Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Jen.

You say you are not a big meat eater what do you normally have with you pasta? If I have spaghetti bolognaise I now substitute the pasta for half a roasted aubergine and it makes a very filling meal. I also like an omelette where I don't add any meat or a stir fry with prawns. I found that roasted butternut squash makes an excellent potato substitute.

You can get your protein from fish, cheese, eggs and nuts because this diet is high in protein and low in carbs (but not no carbs).

I expect you will feel a bit out of sorts for the first few days as your body adjusts but that's normal you just have to persevere.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey guys!
Thanks for replying. Bibiana (what a cool name!): I think I'll be relying on the snacks. I got a couple of the CS bars free with my pack so I'm looking forward to trying them, and having plenty of nuts too, which I love. Let us know how you get on with your first weigh in, I hope it goes well!
Caramel Bunny: usually I just have pasta, sauce, garlic and onions and mountains of cheese. I was a vegan for a while and that diet really suited me (though I couldn't live without chocolate!) so I'm not a huge meat eater, although I do like chicken. I love the sound of your aubergine and butternut squash recipes; I've been slightly worried that I won't be able to find any decent meals and will be having the same ones over and over again. I love nuts and cheese though so I'm hoping they will see me through the dark times! Your weight loss is amazing, well done! Has it all been through CS? What a great motivator! Hopefully I'll be in my size 12 skinny jeans eventually!
Jen xx

Jen - I'm on day 4 and am loving it (I was a pastaholic too), I've had slight headaches but I just drink water and if I'm craving food I do something else.

You can do it girl, good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi Jen

yes I've lost all my weight doing CS - it suits me because I don't have to think too much.

You should be ok with your variety of meals especially if you can eat chicken. As Kels says on an earlier question - check out the Atkins site for receipes - I'm fortunate that my husband does the cooking in our house and I have him well trained in what I can have.

Back