New and taking baby steps...

ghostfairy

Hi, my name is Susan. I'm 46 yrs old and have been overweight for most of my life.
It's not really bothered me being larger, but lately I've had health issues and my GP referred me to a Health Trainer to look at getting healthier.
Apparently all my health issues (cholesterol, pre-diabetes, anxiety & depression, IBS, migraine, asthma....I know it sounds like I'm a walking ailment, sometimes it feels like it...) can be improved or minimised by losing weight and a healthier lifestyle.
I have been given a 12 week voucher for Slimming World. If I can lose 5% of my body mass in 12 weeks they will fund a further 12 week voucher.
I started this week and it's going quite well, I hope.
It makes you think more carefully about what you're eating and the impact it will have on your body and health.
During these first 3-4 days I've 'Googled' the 'syn' value of a number of items.
Everytime I've searched it's linked to this website, so I figure it must be quite a good place to join.

Looking forward to learning a lot.
Thanks for having me.

Hi ghost fairy,

I'm new here and about to join SW. Glad your 1st week is going well for you :)
i love the SW plan. It really does make you think doesn't it. Jealous that your GP prescribes SW where you are- our GP will only prescribe WW which isn't for me.
Really hope it goes well for you and you get your 5% off to continue SW through the GP - I agree that this site seems like a good place to be. Everyone been really supportive so far for me. Welcome Hun, & good luck for your 1st weigh in xx

Hi all, I lost 6lbs the first week and was super excited, so when my 2nd week I loss 2 lbs I had to fight really hard not to feel underwhelmed, particularly when I haven't cheated and have always been under 15 syns.
That said, I'm upping my game, I've stated walking as often as possible and have got a pedometer app on my phone to count my steps. Current count for today is 11,254 which is 4.8 miles :)
I doubt I'll manage that every day but as often as possible!

So thanks for the welcomes and here's to keeping on track and feeling healthier!

Hi all, I lost 6lbs the first week and was super excited, so when my 2nd week I loss 2 lbs I had to fight really hard not to feel underwhelmed, particularly when I haven't cheated and have always been under 15 syns.
That said, I'm upping my game, I've stated walking as often as possible and have got a pedometer app on my phone to count my steps. Current count for today is 11,254 which is 4.8 miles :)
I doubt I'll manage that every day but as often as possible!

So thanks for the welcomes and here's to keeping on track and feeling healthier!

8lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic. ... Well done :D

Back