New and would like some advice

Deborah01

Hi, Just found this site and think its great (just what I need). Hope some of you "experienced" CD people can help. I started the diet a few weeks ago and lost 20lb in3 weeks, I was thrilled. The next 2 weeks I lost nothing i then lost 2 lb's. My CDC couldn't give me an explanation for no weight loss and I was gutted, she didn't give me much support so I stopped doing it! I now feel a failure and want to start again after I have read all your success stories! I stuck to the diet and never cheated once, has anyone else had weeks when they have not lost? Do you think it would be worth while finding another counsellor? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Hi Deborah

Yes if I were you I would try to change your counsellor as their support is very important. As you have already stopped I would think it will be easy to start again with another counsellor rather than having to transfer. If you are lucky to have a few nearby I would go see them all and decide who you think will be best for you. I wish I had done that as I am struggling at the moment and the lack of support from my counsellor is part of the problem.

Dizzy

Hiya Hun, Sorry to hear about your false start, I have had low losses sometimes too, quite often down to water retention due to me not drinking enough, I have to drink at least 4 ltrs per day to make this diet work for me.

Logical thinking says that your body cant not lose on less than 500 cals per day, however sometimes the body goes into panic mode and tries to hang on to fat for a week or so and thats what I think happened here, its very easy to give in, especially when you dont have much support.

Also, gentle excercise is the key, no beating around the gym at all, as this will not help.

What was your water intake like and also could it have been totm, hormones often cock it up too.

The average weight loss is around 1 stone per month for women, and it does happen, my weight loss is low some weeks and high some weeks but still averages that stone per month.

If you need any support let us know please, is there another counsellor nearby??

Thanks for all you input. I was drinking between 2 -3 ltrs of water a day, so maybe not enough. As for TOTM that is a very long story!!!!!!!! Not sure if that had anything to do with no weight loss as been having lots of problems since end of June! Will try to sort out another Counsellor, think there are another 2 in my area so will give them a call over weekend.

Hello, I've been on CD since 24th August so this is week 7.
So far I have lost 24lbs but some weeks I have only lost 1-2lbs. I think that this can be all sorts of factors - eg. noticed I lose less on totm week or if I've had a day when I've drunk a bit less water.
Admittedly I have had a few minor slip ups - I did not do an AAM week so a couple of times a week I have an evening meal of a bit of fish or chicken and some veg but I am happy to do this and lose weight a little more gradually.

HI Deborah

I am a slow loser in the fact it can vary between 2 - 3lbs a week. Still fantastic but slower than others on here. Also this week i put on and have been sticking to CD like superglue!!! :)

There are so many factors that can mess it up but like Vicky said you cant not lose weight on CD unless you cheat!! (have done that a bit too. :))

I would find a different counsellor - explain what happened and ask for loads of support. I really think TOTM can mess things up big time - have worked out i am due soon which probably accounts for the 1lb gain this week.

Try to have a minimum of 3 litres of water a day, 4 if you can.

Hope this helps and you can get back on it asap - it's a fab way to lose weight. :)

Quick update. Found a new CDC, went to her house last night and started again today! What a difference, she is lovely, really thorough in explaining everything and knows what she is talking about. Thanks all for your advice!:)

Quick update. Found a new CDC, went to her house last night and started again today! What a difference, she is lovely, really thorough in explaining everything and knows what she is talking about. Thanks all for your advice!:)

Well done for not giving up Deborah .... and I'm sure you'll soon see the results. And any problems - there is always some one on here to give you encouragement and advice.

Back