New baby, new house, new marriage.............new body???

Welshmum

During the past 14 months I have married, we purchased our first home and then 5 weeks ago we had our first baby :D

I have now got less than 5 months until I turn 30, and I have decided I will do it feeling confident about myself. I currently weigh more than I ever have (not too surprising with a 5 week old!!). I joined slimming world last Wednesday. I decided to do it quickly because:

1. I'm feeling perfectly fine health wise since giving birth,
2. I want to get order and routine back into my life,
3. If I didn't join, I would just continue eating rubbish and would eventually have extra weight to lose.

The first 3 days have gone perfectly. All my meals have been extra easy with at least 1/3 super free. I have used my healthy extras. I have used syns each day but have never gone over 15.

I'm feeling super motivated. I know I won't be able to reach my target by my 30th, but I really want to be well on the way!!

Congratulations to you on your marriage and the birth of your little one. There is lots of support,help and advice here on minis, theres a thread for Weds weighers there are recipe ideas etc. As long as you follow the plan it works. Your target is achievable in 5 months but Id say a healthy loss every week is the best way to do it as this will be the best way to maintain the loss, rather than a fast loss which is more likely to creep back on and more besides.

Good Luck x

Congratulations!! on your marriage and the birth of your baby.
You sound really positive - so good luck with your goals.

Thank you for your comments. Well, 5 weigh ins later and I've lost a stone. So pleased with that loss. Next weigh in on Wednesday now. Fingers crossed :) my next target is my club 10 which is 5 pounds away :)

Back