New batch of Chocolate shake

The chocolate ones that I have are really, really sweet to the point that I can't drink them. Exante are replacing them for me as they are part of the dodgy batch. All of the other flavour shakes in my boxes are absolutely fine though, so it must just be a problem with that particular batch of chocolate and no others. Having said that I got my OH to try one and see what he thought and he reckoned he liked the sweet choc shake, lol, so I guess there's no pleasing everyone!

Ah so it's an over powering sweet then? I get it now. I just thought people preferred the mould taste!

1st lost so far! 11st 13lbs!!! (updated daily)

Oh goodness no, the mould taste is quite horrid too, the choc shake is my least favourite anyway, but this new sweetness is seriously hideous. The second one I tried I made up as a 'hot' choc with peppermint tea to try and balance it out but even that didn't work!

They replaced my vanilla ones as they were super sickly sweet and not much taste of vanilla.

The thing is I dont think they can even recall the batch, as they dont dispatch them themselves as are all stored with a logistics company.

So did u have to send them back then? Or do u just bin them?

Oh cool. Great customer service then :)

Thank you. I fired off another email to exante requesting the same good customer service you and others have received and they are now sending me a new batch.

Leese.

Good news, glad you have some slightly better tasting shakes on the way! xx

They replaced my vanilla ones as they were super sickly sweet and not much taste of vanilla.

The thing is I dont think they can even recall the batch, as they dont dispatch them themselves as are all stored with a logistics company.

They just need the logistics company to go through every box and take them out. A long process and costly to them but they should be thinking of the customer.

I have had to request logistics companies to do this many a time when I was in an Ops role, it's not unusual at all.

What I feel that they are doing are hoping that people new to exante won't realise until it's too late.

Leese

But the fact they taste different won't necessarily bother a lot of people and if people are new they won't know what the other shakes are like

Financially it's probably a heck of a lot more cost effective to replace shakes if someone complains and leave it if they don't

If there was something detremental to the diet theyd be recalling the batch

LOL at myself - I was just looking through my packs and found my chocolate ones are the ones people find too sweet - so god help me when the real mouldy ones turn up lol because that is all I am getting from them!!

Same here kat. But i just find them mildly chocolatey. Hey if anyone hates theirs chuck em here!lol

But the fact they taste different won't necessarily bother a lot of people and if people are new they won't know what the other shakes are like

Financially it's probably a heck of a lot more cost effective to replace shakes if someone complains and leave it if they don't

If there was something detremental to the diet theyd be recalling the batch

Actually that's something neither you or I know. I look at it this way. If they have used far more sucrose than they should have and the final product weighs the same once packaged then something must be missing...

Anyway, it's just opinions but I think you should let people make up their own minds rather than tell them that there won't be a problem, unless you have inside info?

Exante did assure me in the reply to my email ref the vanilla shakes, that they are fine to use and will have no.adverse effect on the diet.
Though I suppose that could just be a company line.

leesecandoit said:
Actually that's something neither you or I know. I look at it this way. If they have used far more sucrose than they should have and the final product weighs the same once packaged then something must be missing...

Anyway, it's just opinions but I think you should let people make up their own minds rather than tell them that there won't be a problem, unless you have inside info?

And I'm just as entitled to my opinion and IN MY OPINION there's no way a company like Exante would risk their reputation and business for the sake of one batch of shakes. They'd recall them And besides several people have contacted them and been reassured the packs are absolutely fine. I'm not forcing anyone to any decisions. I think everyone on here is big and ugly enough to make their own decisions

Do YOU have inside information on whats wrong with the packs???

And I'm just as entitled to my opinion and IN MY OPINION there's no way a company like Exante would risk their reputation and business for the sake of one batch of shakes. They'd recall them And besides several people have contacted them and been reassured the packs are absolutely fine

I didn't say that you weren't entitled to an opinion, I just don't think anyone that doesn't work for Exante should be telling people outright that they will be fine.

Back