New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

They usually do the live show at the end of the run of the shows, but the show is all filmed and finished, so they are at home now, losing more weight. Usually the live show is amazing, they look so different with their weight losses!!

What shocked me is that the young girl in the group that went out is the same weight as me! Makes me feel really fat!!!

he ran against another guy and slipped on wet grass and dislocated his knee so can't take part anymore

Was that mentioned on the programme I didn't see it. I found it odd that he just disappeared without a mention.

Thanks for telling us.

it was mentioned saw him go off in an ambulance to. I wasnt really impressed by the uk version prefer the american one

In the breaks the advertising is for a Biggest Loser meal replacement program so I take it that the contestants are going to be following this? If so they will be losing very big amounts of weight even without the exercise as was shown by the couple who did very little exercise that week. In a controlled environment I'm sure I would be able to stick to it? It will be good to see the weekly changes in everyone over the eight weeks. :)

Please can someone tell me tho what is 'TFR'? :confused:

TFR = Total Food Replacement = shakes and things instead of proper food..

VLCD = Very Low Calorie Diet ( at least I think it does..? )

Yeah the Biggest Loser diet is two meal replacements (shakes bars etc) and 1 healthy meal. Was advertised like that anyway...not sure what the contestants are eating though, they didn't say, just met in the kitchen next to the fruit bowl ready for the gym!?

I dont think that it is on long enough. An hour programme with adverts doesnt really give you time to get to know the contestants.
I think that Angie is a great trainer. Saw her on a programme where she was giving fitness training to professional footballers and she had them in tears.
I would love a week in that house.

When the uk biggest loser was on tv 2 years ago it used to be on at 4pm Monday to friday however this year they have decided to condense the whole week into 60mins and its nowhere near as good. When the show was on everyday you really got to know all the contestants and saw their full challenges and the exercise that they did.

Such a shame they've changed it

I watched it and love it already I like the twins!
Can't wait for next week and it also spurred me to do a fitness DVD lol. First bit of exercise in about 6 years! X

Biggest Loser

Is anyone else watching this and thinking omg how have they lost 14lbs in a week??
Some are sad if they have lost 9lbs!

I would be over the moon if i could shift 9lbs never mind 14 in a week i'd hit target in two weeks hahaha..

Sorry just needed to tell sum1 that i'm watching it in shock!! I think i need get my bum out my bed ( got a ear infection) and get running tomoz hahaha x x

ooooo i never knew this section was ere i made my own topic up! haha

Thank u to who ever moved it! x x

I love the trainer Richard.

He did a fitness dvd with Jordan (Katie Price) and its brilliant!!

:) x

Does anyone else think that Davina lacked her usual spark ?

Yes I think she feels she has to tone it down a bit because she has to show such sensitivity towards the contestants! I suppose she can't be seen to be monkeying around too much as it's meant to be a tough contest! I love Davina! Angie is very very scary!!X

Back