New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

Is anyone else watching this and thinking omg how have they lost 14lbs in a week??
Some are sad if they have lost 9lbs!

I would be over the moon if i could shift 9lbs never mind 14 in a week i'd hit target in two weeks hahaha..

Sorry just needed to tell sum1 that i'm watching it in shock!! I think i need get my bum out my bed ( got a ear infection) and get running tomoz hahaha x x
TO be fair though Shelley, most of them have got a massive amount of weight to lose. Add to that the fact they are given an intense training and fitness programme, top trainers and equipment and probably all their nutrition taken care of too.

They have to put in some work of course, but they have been given a great opportunity the rest of us don't have.

I think in the USA version, one contestant lost 34lb in a week!

I think at the moment i prefer the US version. You get to know the contestants a bit more and see more of the training.

I caught the American one on sky3 last year and it was far superior. I do feel short changed with it only being an hour each week, we see hardly anything of what they are doing.
I can't normally stand Davina , she's too shouty for me (probably an age thing!) but I feel she's come across very well in this.
It's a pity they couldn't have had a standin for the guy who went out. It must be hard on the guy who's left.

Last nights biggest Loser

Got me all emotional again! This is the first series I've watched and I love it! When the trainer said to the lady who was getting upset at what she had done to her body "You weren't shown how to look after yourself" it really struck home with me and I wondered if it did for a lot of overweight people. Lets hope we can continue with our journeys and learning that we are worth looking after and the sw plan shows us how to do it well! Then we an set good examples ro our kids etc as well, go us! :)

Well last nights episode was proof that not eating enough can affect your losses. The woman in the orange team had the smallest loss by far out of all of them and she had been eating only 850 calories per day.

Yea it does but then they go and advertise the shakes plan that they do? My sister is on Cambridge diet and has lost a stone in two weeks and she was small to start with. She lives on 500 Cals a day. Just seems to condradict themselves? I really wanna get 30 min shred by Gillian the woman trainer in America. X

Well last nights episode was proof that not eating enough can affect your losses. The woman in the orange team had the smallest loss by far out of all of them and she had been eating only 850 calories per day.

I was really pleased this was highlighted. The Orange team obviously thought they knew better! They weren't team players. Funny how after another week of tons of exercise her limp had miraculously disappeared :rolleyes:. I was hoping they would be voted off.

To be fair they did seem to grasp the whole concept of The Biggest Loser at the end. It was too little too late, but hopefully they would have gone away with a better understanding.
If i were in the house i would hope to stay to at least week 3. Week 1 just to get the big loss, Week 2 to see how much stress i could put my body through and then Week 3, to see how to increase the amount of exercise i do to keep up the momentum.

the US season starts 2night on sky 3 i think it is 9pm! double dose of biggest losers! i really hope the young lad on the grey team does well i really feel for him xx

Yeah I love Rob!! He has to win it!! I feel so sorry for him that he didn't get a new partner after Big G was injured! But I guess at least he can't blame anyone but himself if he gets voted out, which must help your motivation!

that might be it livingit, i knew it was somewhere 2night on sky! i loved the series last year! ive sky+ it anyway incase i miss any! gives me motivation when i watched biggest losers although im not keen on the australian 1 to much xx

i like the fact they highlighted the calorie intake being too low and explained why. perhaps they're doing a shake diet with an evening meal.

the thing i don't like about this show is that they send people home. i don't see why they can't keep everyone in the show and perhaps the people who lose the least must have a consequence or the best losers are rewarded. At least it would then give all the contestants a good weightloss at the end of the series rather than just discarding them after a week and a 7lb loss...... a lovely bit of rejection for them!

i know they get gym membership but thats really not enough.

Last edited:
It's a lot more competitive if they get voted off though...and makes for better tv, which ultimately is what this show is about really...

It's a lot more competitive if they get voted off though...and makes for better tv, which ultimately is what this show is about really...

i dunno i think i'd rather see resentment build up in the ones being 'punished'! lol

I was really pleased this was highlighted. The Orange team obviously thought they knew better! They weren't team players. Funny how after another week of tons of exercise her limp had miraculously disappeared :rolleyes:. I was hoping they would be voted off.

Yes I was glad they were voted off too!! They were annoying me! Seemed to be doing their own thing all the time! It was great that they pointed out that you need to eat plenty and regularly especially if doing all that exercise!! I was relieved infact because so many people think they need to starve themselves to lose weight and those of us doing SW know that this is certainly not the case!!

I found it really moving where some of them were talking about why they became so overweight- being forced to open up about the issues that caused the problem really seemed to help to motivate them, and I found it really inspiring too- shed a tear myself infact!!X

Back