New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

They're eating 1400 calories per day (watched it twice lol!). Also no mention has been made about whether they're using the BL meal replacement shakes so I assume they're not...

Didn't they mention the shakes in the second one????????????

I'm sure there was a mention that the prize money was sponsored by the biggest loser shakes or something, I don't think they're using them.

The UK series definitely isn't as good as the US one. Because WI happens every episode, we're missing out on all the extras the US show does, like the trainers giving them tips on healthy eating, relationships within the house (there's not been any sign of teams trying to guarantee votes), and there's barely any last chance workout shown. The US always seemed really random as to when they would show an elimination, which could be a little annoying but allowed for more to be shown. The only good thing is that there is far less repetition on the UK series, after every ad break of the US one they would remind you what happened 5 minutes ago.

I think Davina is a rubbish host as well. She always seems to be smirking during elimination. I never really find WI or elimination all that tense because she's not very good at presenting it or creating an atmosphere.

"I think Davina is a rubbish host as well. She always seems to be smirking during elimination. I never really find WI or elimination all that tense because she's not very good at presenting it or creating an atmosphere."

Funnily enough I've never been able to stand her, too shouty! But I think she comes over as quite sensitive in this.

The australian ones my favourite, shannon the male trainer is gorgeous, a proper bronzed oz, i watch the UK and US ones too though, its one of my fave programmes. they very rarely get a big loss in the second week, thats the same in all three, they always say its a notorious week for disappointment. and most of them lost double figures in the first week, thats massive!! dont know how anyone can say they're not losing enough.
on a different note, i bought the biggest loser meal replacement plan last summer but just didnt like it, i like real food too much, but got a lovely mixing cup thing with it (to mix the shakes in) and use it all the time for inspiration!

The red team in the US one are so frustrating; the guy is totally under her thumb and she's so smarmy and smirky to the others too. She said this week that there was an atmosphere and attitude in the house and I just wanted to scream at her that she was the reason, grrrrrr.

And to yell in the trainers faces that they are wrong about her throwing the weigh ins, does she not think they know what they're talking about. It's too coincidental that when weigh in counts or she's got figured out age has a huge loss and when it isn't counted she only loses 1lb even though they workout 4x a day.

I watched the B.L:US yesterday and saw about the red team... what a manipulative cow she is...

She certainly is, I'd glad the 2lb gain didn't make any difference to the end result. I like it that BL US shows the 'loser' sometime later it was nice seeing how well she had done.

yeah I think it was 2 hours or something yesterday..
the reds had a big blow out with the trainers and the bloke refused to work with her anymore..

She certainly is, I'd glad the 2lb gain didn't make any difference to the end result. I like it that BL US shows the 'loser' sometime later it was nice seeing how well she had done.

But it did affect them - ok it did NOT affect the final weight/weigh-in, but it affected their whole week, they were flattened by it, they could not compete, they were not as motivated and felt compromised from the start. Their previous numbers prove they can do it.

I'm sure she had her reasons for what she did. I hope it was not for the wrong reason!

was just going to ask the same question lol. what tv channel is it on? Have we missed much? x

LIVING,. Saturday 1pm was when I watched it... , repeated at various times through the week.

LIVINGit, tuesday 9pm, repeated as above..

I am totally addicted to Biggest Loser - can't wait til tomorrow night for UK (although not as good as USa - I agree) and then Tuesday night for USA - hubby hates it - he goes to bed early - I am not giving it up though.

Tee hee - he usually hogs the remote.

I love the biggest loser. This is the first time I have watched it so never seen the US or Aus ones. I really like the green team and thought they put so much effort in last week. Rob is doing really well too and I felt awful for him having to eat that pizza, he looked so upset by it.

I wish I had Sky or Virgin so I could watch the US one but we're a strictly freeview only house. Are they ever repeated on any of the freeview channels?

You're right ColJack he could have said no. There must have been a lot of pressure from everyone else to keep going though to get the lbs off the target. It's easy for us to say that he should have made a stand but if the hopes of the whole team were on you it must be very hard.

at that point there were only a few lbs left to uncover and you have to ask yourself how many lbs those "treats" put back on them to get a total of 18lbs off their target?

Back