New Bloke with 65Kg to lose, 50 left to go!

Hi There DragonRose,

Thanks to you and everyone else for the support today.

I have to ask what the 5:2 means and the WOE?

5:2 is the 5:2 Fasting Diet. This is from the book/TV show featuring Dr Michael Mosely. You find us hiding on this board under:
Most Popular Diets -> Johnson Up Day Down Day -> 5:2 Fasting

I've been and done many diets and I can comfortably say this has been the easiest to stick to for me. Have a read of the book, look around the web, then come and join us! What have you got to lose, other than a few Lbs! If it doesn't work for you, go back to calorie counting. Most people love the diet and the freedom.

If you have a Kindle or Tablet with a Kindle Reader, you can get the "The IF Diet" by Skinner for 99p from Amazon. It's a comparison of 3 types of fasting diet. very easy reading and quiet compelling.

WOE = Way of Eating.

Hi There DragonRose,

Thanks to you and everyone else for the support today.

[/COLOR]
5:2 is the 5:2 Fasting Diet. This is from the book/TV show featuring Dr Michael Mosely. You find us hiding on this board under:
Most Popular Diets -> Johnson Up Day Down Day -> 5:2 Fasting

I've been and done many diets and I can comfortably say this has been the easiest to stick to for me. Have a read of the book, look around the web, then come and join us! What have you got to lose, other than a few Lbs! If it doesn't work for you, go back to calorie counting. Most people love the diet and the freedom.

If you have a Kindle or Tablet with a Kindle Reader, you can get the "The IF Diet" by Skinner for 99p from Amazon. It's a comparison of 3 types of fasting diet. very easy reading and quiet compelling.

WOE = Way of Eating.

Thanks for explaining about 5:2 and WOE. Thanks too for letting me know about the books on Amazon. I had a look on the forum about the diet, more the 3:4 one than the 5:2 and from the seems of it you still need to count calories on the up days, and know what the limit is to work out what you have on the down days. I think I'd just rather count calories and have up to the same amount daily. I am still eating what I want within my calorie range, and the only time I don't like sticking to the calories is when they are all used up and I am still hungry. I will look into the fasting diets some more, out of curiosity if nothing else, and then I can make my mind up properly. Thanks again.

hi mungo how are you

hi mungo how are you

Hi - I'm fine, away from home with no scales :(

Sticking to the plan with a fast today, but 3 work eating days coming up, topped with a fast on Friday. I'll dare to try the scales on Saturday!

How you doing?

hi mungo

you sound like your in a really good place now i think its better not to have scales sometimes lolol

i have been helping a friend out the last 2 weeks after she lost her mother and put 4lbs on as i was shuffling between work and there and not getting any exercise done and a couple of junk meals :cry: but im back on form now and fighting the chunkie pockets again lol good luck with weigh on saturday so happy for you xxxxx

He Chezz and all!

Well, proof that the 5:2 diet cannot overcome the laws of Molecular Biology...... Nice few days away in Amsterdam running a 3 day course. Fast days before and after the course. Away with Friends and Family the weekend before, including a fasting Saturday. However, much beer, wine and whisky consumed with a lot of food. Overeating from the lunch buffet was my main sin - did I really need that extra butty or did I need to have a bowl of soup.......?

Result, just 300g lost over the 10 days or so. Could have been worse, but I did eat, enjoy and diet a little. Without 5:2, the weight gain would have been huge. Now a 4:3 week for me to get things going again. This week I'll also be dipping into the Hairy Dieter's cookbook for Up and Down days.

Last edited:
hi mungo
wow well done you well i got a 5 day break coming up a week on monday for the hubbys birthday but i have planned to be good at breakfast a little and dinner and a lovely tea with a nice bottle of white wine but going to make sure i walk my butt off while away xxxxxxxxxxxx

Great progress this week - I thought I'd had a bit of a stall, then hit the scales this morning and 132.4Kg popped up. I lept off before they changed their mind.

Then in a fit doubt, I got back on again to find 132.3...... I'm going to keep the extra 100g in the bag for next week.

So this week I've fasted M, W and Sat. Been eating pretty well on up days, though always starting the day with my bacon and egg buttie. What a diet!

The great news is I'm no longer morbidly obese. I'm only Obese! Hurrah! Now to work down to my goal weight of being just "overweight".

Next step is 127Kg, which puts me just under 20st, where I haven't visited for many years. The onto 35 BMI, half way to being just overweight....

hi mungo well done i think i need you to give me a kick up the bum and get my scales going down again your doing great love x x x

Back