New Bloke

Andys74

Majorie Dawes' lovechild
My weight crept up to 28 and a half stone following my breaking my leg and giving up exercise 4 years ago. This August I went on a camping trip to scotland and could hardly manage even the gentlest hike, or even getting up from the sleeping bag. Started diet with support of the practice nurse on the 1st of October - lost 8lbs in 10 days, 27st 12lbs today! Though have a stinking cold and all I want are those comforting carbs... Glad to find a supportive space like this.

It's a diet for those with early stage insulin resistance (pre diabetes) so its low carb, low fat, lots of fish, seeds, veggies, and small staggered meals (6) so my body doesn't fluid itself with insulin and make me exhausted. It was going well til I got this cold, but I noticed I had a lot more energy.

Thats brill Andy and well done on losing them pounds already.

The cold will knock the stuffing outta ya for a couple of days but its great you could feel yourself having more energy!

Keep coming on here its a great site for people doing all diets or just for having a chat... loads of really friendly people :D:D

Keep in touch x

Hi Andy, and welcome.. I started off at 30st 11lbs, so i know what your talking about with the walking and lack of energy, i'm now at 26'11 and feel loads better and can walk further without feeling out of breath, all though i've been lucky and dont have the problem with being border line diabetic, look around the site and you will find all kinds of help and ideas, Good Luck
Dan

Hi Andy!

Congratulations on your loss! I am new too and look forward to hearing your progress! Colds stink! I have just gotten over one myself. I hope you get better soon.

Back