New Bloke

Mungo Chubb

Hi,

I stumbled on this board looking for 5:2 info and thought I'd open up an account and say hello!

I've always been a big bloke - I've had some success throughout my life with Calorie Counting and WW online and even Atkins.

Like many, though, the long hard grind of the diet eventually gives way to a few days off, then a week, then a month and then all the weight is back with a bonus few Kg.

Since starting the 5:2 I think there's something I can finally stick at - the idea that there's always food tomorrow is enough for me. And if you do have an unexpected meal, snack or social event, there's always tomorrow!

I've lost nearly 15kg since starting and the diet is easy and working!

Fast days I normally drink tea or coffee with a little skimmed milk and nothing to eat until 5 or 6pm. Then it's stir-fried veggies, salad or soup - between 400-500 calories, to allow for the Milk. That keeps me happy until the next day.

So if you're looking for an easy way to lose, with little in the way of special foods, or costly meetings or software or subscriptions, this is the way to go!

I'm thinking of doing this diet, I'm worried about over or under eating on the 5 days though - might need to calorie count too

Well done on your weight loss

Woow that's amazing well done! How long did it take to lose the 15kg?
I totally agree, it's the cheapest diet, & no shaming yourself on the scales, paying some to tell you, you didn't lose any weight!! 5:2 the way forward!!

Woow that's amazing well done! How long did it take to lose the 15kg?
I totally agree, it's the cheapest diet, & no shaming yourself on the scales, paying some to tell you, you didn't lose any weight!! 5:2 the way forward!!

I started around the 3rd of Jan, so nearly four months. Not the fastest loss - I am fine with the diet and the fact there's always "jam tomorrow!

Hi,

I stumbled on this board looking for 5:2 info and thought I'd open up an account and say hello!

Since starting the 5:2 I think there's something I can finally stick at - the idea that there's always food tomorrow is enough for me. And if you do have an unexpected meal, snack or social event, there's always tomorrow!

I've lost nearly 15kg since starting and the diet is easy and working!

Hello :)

Totally agree Mungo, this will be something I can stick at long term. No happy clappy clubs (just not for me) or consultants to deal with.

Only into my 3rd wk it is just so easy. I only have to think about what I eat 2 days a wk, love it.

Well done on your losses :)

Jo

Well done Mungo Chubb - you're doing so well! Isn't 5:2 fab - I love it! So simple yet so effective.

Back