New CD bloke!! Any help, advice & tips?

Awww thanks. I'm now around 12st 7lbs and I think I like it here. Don't mind dropping another 2lbs maximum. But yeah, it was very hard to deal with all the comments etc. Funny thing is, nobody actually said anything with any real love or concern. Yet when it started to come off those same people started praising me. I was telling them to eff off in my head subconsciously! All the best on your journey. No doubt the biggest challenge is keeping it off but I know u will have learnt from the first time around. :)

Ur an inspiration yourself....goes to show a diet is not for a limited time, but it's a whole lifestyle change! Good on ya!

Can I ask how tall are you?

Ideally 14 would be my goal weight before university and hopefuly pick up later but youve got me a bit worried with all the comments from other people and stuff! :p

Hi. I'm just over 5 feet 9 inches. I was always a fit and healthy guy around 12st so the extra weight was a shock! don't worry though, especially if u r taller than me. Plus, the majority of the 21lbs I've lost came off in the first 3 weeks of the Cambridge Diet! All about maintainence now :)

Dejay said:
Hi. I'm just over 5 feet 9 inches. I was always a fit and healthy guy around 12st so the extra weight was a shock! don't worry though, especially if u r taller than me. Plus, the majority of the 21lbs I've lost came off in the first 3 weeks of the Cambridge Diet! All about maintainence now :)

Ahh right. I guess it would make a bit of a difference if Ive never seen any of them yet. Thanks!

U r all doing well! I'm on the 1000 step now (number 3). It's all about maintenence until I am able to do without CD products. Doing good so far! The key is NOT TO CHEAT! Once your body has a taste for anything else it's extremely difficult to claw your way back! I also chnaged my TW to 12st 5lbs, as 12st is a bit to thin for my build. Plus the BMI calculater is a load of crap for men, it's very inaccurate! My advice is to stop when you are comfortable and happy with yourself but always remember that your holistic attitude to food consumption MUST change to keep weight off!

Wouldn't use CD again. Weight came straight back on for me within 6 months.. Am now on calorie counting instead. More natural and sustainable! Hope everyone is doing good though!

Hi, can I ask how the weight went back on? Were u following a low fat diet when u came off CD? I'm on day 5 of SS and my plan is to follow a low fat diet once I come off Cambridge, I'm guessing that's not as easy as it sounds, I am worried about coming off this diet, I have a couple of stone to shift, but it took 3yrs to put it on, am I just dreaming thinking I can lose it in a couple of months and sustain it??

I lost around 7 and a half stone 3 years ago on CD and stopped for christmas a stone before my target weight. I then went back to my old ways of eating for a little while and put on around a stone. I did another vlcd and lost the two stone I wanted to then I went back to eating rubbish and over the past 3 years I have put on and got off round about that 2 stone every time I decide not to a healthy diet. I have been able to stay at a lower weight when I choose to eat better(which I dont always choose to do!). But now I am more aware of that is what I do so I will never let myself put all the weight bqck on. Putting some weight back on has nothing to do with me loosing it on a vlcd though. As I stated, I always go back to bad eating habits which cause the weight gains. Around 10 years ago I lost 5 stone doing slimming world. As soon as I went back to eating unhealthily I put ALL that weight back on plus an extra few stone!!! But back then I didnt really take the time to notice and take control of what I was doing. Now when Im not loosing weight I tend to eat what I want, when I want. So due to this I do gain some weight back. But now I notice this happening and I loose the gained weight before it gets too much and I am back to square one. I mean it isnt as if I would put 7 stone on over night, even if I ate constantly! So anyone who does put it on would notice each half stine going on, and on. The trick is to act on it then, before its back up to the 7 stone gain! Starting the CD was the best thing I ever did. You loose the weight quickly so it spurs you to keep going. When you reach your target, if you go back to bad eating habits, then yes of course you will put the weight back on. But just as you would if you lost the weight doing calorie counting or whatever diet or healthy eating plan you choose. This time qfter getting ti t

Sorry, just getting used to my new phone!! I was meant to write, this time after getting to target I plan on sticking to a low carb diet for most of the time. Hopefully! Xxx

CWP did it's job by helping you lose the weight - it's your job once the weight is off, to keep it off.

IWillBeAYummyMummy said:
CWP did it's job by helping you lose the weight - it's your job once the weight is off, to keep it off.

Exactly. And it's hard to start exercising and eating 'normal' food after being discouraged from them both for so long! Each to their own. Gotta have ur own plan when u leave CWP guys. Make sure it includes exercise!

Thanks. People are so quick to blame CD for them putting the weight they've lost back on. I will never blame any diet for doing that. Diets help you lose the weight and if you did all the steps you should have been introducing food back into you life gradually and sensibly.

If, after you've done all that, you start putting the weight back on - for whatever reason - overeating, not exercising - you can't really blame CD.

I don't do blame. If I put weight on then it's my problem - not CD, WW, SW, Rose C. It's my fault. The buck stops here.

Fair enough! All the best to you all! I've lost 6lbs so far in 11 days with exercise and moniotoring my own food intake (calorie counting) and I feel healthier, mentally strong and in control. I think it's important to discover the positives and negatives in anything you do. Just search the various threads and replies and you will find a wealth of opinions and experiences with all VLCD's. Good luck guys on your journey!!!! Thanks

Back