New CD bloke!! Any help, advice & tips?

1.5, so I was close to the 2 :D

Yeah, I was really happy with it! Feel great now, thanks for asking :D

Oh excellent, well done! I see you have lost just over 2 stone in 10 weeks, and still getting decent result on 810! I can't wait to come off SS+ lol! :D

Aww, thanks :D

Lol, I don't find 810 that much different from SS+ to be honest :p just extra protein, one extra spoonful of veg & milk! It's nice to not be freezing cold all the time though ;)

You can have diet drinks on 810 but when I had coke zero again it tasted awful!

Oh really! Hmmm, then I may move up to CD 1000 to maintain. Weighed myself last night :p and I'm down to 13 st 1lb. A loss of 13lb's in 3 weeks! I can get another few 3-4 lbs off on 1000 and start to maintain. What you reckon?

Well done, you're nearly there! :D

People do experience gains of water/glycogen sometimes on 1000, so the scales might go back up if you go straight from SS+. You are supposed to move through the plans for 2 weeks to stabilise, though I'll only be doing 1000 for a week, starting Friday. Will let you know how it goes!

5lbs in week 3!!!

Cool. Had my weigh-in last night, lost another 5lbs!!! :D:D:D I'm well happy! My CDC said I wouldn't lose more than 3 this week so I had a smug smile on my face when I saw the reading on the scales!! :p

Decided to ditch the soups (I absolutely hate them!) and get more bars/shakes.

How is everyone else doing???? Let me know! ;)

How's it going mate?

Hmm. Struggling a bit to be honest, I'm where I want to be in terms of weight & clothes size but I've got packs to use up so it feels like I 'have' to do it as opposed to wanting to, and obviously my motivation isn't there as I've reached my original goal already.

I've not gone mad and eaten enough to put fat back on, but I have been eating things I shouldn't & not having all my packs :eek: might see some water/glycogen back on this WI!

I have really enjoyed CD up til now. Think I'm defo ready to go back to a more conventional plan for maintenance though. That'll teach me to buy 5 weeks worth of stuff then I 'have' to do it!! :p

Only a weeks worth of stuff to use up though, so I'll soon be sorted :D

Hope you have a good day! :) You're doing great, only 3lbs to go. I reckon you'll be there next WI!

Hmm. Struggling a bit to be honest, I'm where I want to be in terms of weight & clothes size but I've got packs to use up so it feels like I 'have' to do it as opposed to wanting to, and obviously my motivation isn't there as I've reached my original goal already.

I've not gone mad and eaten enough to put fat back on, but I have been eating things I shouldn't & not having all my packs :eek: might see some water/glycogen back on this WI!

I have really enjoyed CD up til now. Think I'm defo ready to go back to a more conventional plan for maintenance though. That'll teach me to buy 5 weeks worth of stuff then I 'have' to do it!! :p

Only a weeks worth of stuff to use up though, so I'll soon be sorted :D

Hope you have a good day! :) You're doing great, only 3lbs to go. I reckon you'll be there next WI!

Oh gosh, all those packs to use eh! Well, at least it's a bit of a motivation to use them. Yeah I'm almost there, but I am worried about coming off CD! I'm so used to it and my new way of eating now! I guess that's how the CDC's keep getting our money hey!

I think you will be fine, you have done so well thus far, plus this site is a great support network.

Yeah, this site is great at keeping your spirits up! Feeling more positive today, not long to go, I'll be fine :D

You sound like you'll be great once you come off, in the right frame of mind! Plus you haven't had to do it for ages so it's not ingrained in you.

Have a good day matey :)

been a bit quiet in here!! How's everyone doing? Last WI was terrible. I decided to have a 'week off' and ate like a pig!!! I put on 2lbs when I went back! Naughty I know. But going for WI tonight so I hope to have lost that cheeky 2lbs!! Hear from u all soon.....don't leave meeeeeeeeeee lol

Ooh good luck with your WI, hopefully that 2lb will have melted off haha fingers crossed.
I had a weekend off so I had to pull myself back on the horse too, starting to think it definitely wasn't worth it. We'll know for next time, eh?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Well guys I lost 7lbs this week. WOW. Been proper strict on ss+ this week. What a result! Pleased. A tip for anyone on ss+ is to split your evening meal in half and have one half for lunch and the other for dinner. Seemed to pay dividends for me this week!!!

Well done! You're doing great :D

I used to split the meal when I did 810 :)

Well done! You're doing great :D

I used to split the meal when I did 810 :)

Thanks! How did splitting the meal work for you then? My CDC was going on like it was a revolutionary idea, as someone with my kind of current weight apparently shouldn't be experiencing big losses of 5lbs and 7lbs after the first week of VLCD. Ideas??

Some people do have big losses later on, especially with you being male! Plus you had a gain last week so that will have come back off.

I just had cottage cheese for dinner and chicken for tea, the protein portion was too big for one meal!

I have a passion for proteins now! Lol. Lost 1lb last week. I'm on the 1000 step now. My weight is currently 12 at 6lbs. Gonna change my target weight to about 12 st 4, as the BMI thing is very innacurte for men!

hi dejay

just been reading your thread and you are inspirational... i am now in my third week of cd (my second attempt)

i did the diet a couple of years ago and lost 4st in 4 months for a wedding i was going to but after the wedding was over i didn't really bother looking after my weight and i soon put the 4st back on along with another 2st...

so i am back and i am determined to do it properly this time, i want to have a healthy future and start a family, so more at stake this time...

you have done fabulous, well done :)

goolian said:
hi dejay

just been reading your thread and you are inspirational... i am now in my third week of cd (my second attempt)

i did the diet a couple of years ago and lost 4st in 4 months for a wedding i was going to but after the wedding was over i didn't really bother looking after my weight and i soon put the 4st back on along with another 2st...

so i am back and i am determined to do it properly this time, i want to have a healthy future and start a family, so more at stake this time...

you have done fabulous, well done :)

Awww thanks. I'm now around 12st 7lbs and I think I like it here. Don't mind dropping another 2lbs maximum. But yeah, it was very hard to deal with all the comments etc. Funny thing is, nobody actually said anything with any real love or concern. Yet when it started to come off those same people started praising me. I was telling them to eff off in my head subconsciously! All the best on your journey. No doubt the biggest challenge is keeping it off but I know u will have learnt from the first time around. :)

Ur an inspiration yourself....goes to show a diet is not for a limited time, but it's a whole lifestyle change! Good on ya!

Back