New challenge...giving up smoking!!!

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by skyegirl, 9 September 2009 Social URL.

1. skyegirl

skyegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well, I've been a smoker on and off since I was 14 , so thats......27ish years!! Yesterday Hubby and I decided we would try to give up today, we finished our last packet of tobacco this morning and I don't intend to buy anymore. Its only 3 hours since my last fag and I'm dying, I've cleaned the house done all the washing , just to keep me occupied, I'm at work for the next 4 days so that shouldn't be too bad, Hubby's madly hammering outside finishing a boat he's building and probably driving the neighbours mad.
    Anyway all good intentions, health and finance, basically can't afford it anymore.
    :smoke:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    I wish you all the best skye, it can be done my dad has stopped smoking now for 12months, his 52 and been smoking since he was 15 lol. YOU CAN DO IT!

4. skyegirl

skyegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Do you know I think its harder than losing weight for me , at least I can still eat but not as much with smoking I can't do it at all. I do hope I can do it, I'll keep you posted.

5. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Hiya.......well done on deciding to give up, i can empatise with how you are feeling. I too smoked from the age of 14 and gave up 5 years ago at the age of 28, so had smoked half my life:eek:

I did have a few failed attempts but got there in the end. Its so worth it, so do your best, you will get there xx

6. Hoping4a2nd

Hoping4a2nd Full Member

Best of luck to you! :D I quit 3 years ago and have never looked back xx

And I have to say how lucky you are to live on Skye, it's really beautiful! :D

7. skyegirl

skyegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Whoops , well that didn't last long., well at least the diets still holding up, I'll try the quitting smoking thing another day.
    xx

8. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    Aww well jugling them both at once would drive me crazy :D

9. kj2s

kj2s Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(25.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

I also started smoking at 14 and whilst I was never slim, my weight was normally between 11 and 11.5 stone when I decided to quit at the age of 25! I am really proud to say it will be my 17th year anniversary at the end of the month and I have never touched another to this day :D:D:D The only problem is I gained 4 stone in the 1st year then more with each of my 2 girls :eek: so I really understand how hard it is to give up the dreaded weed! If only I had the same willpower now with my weigt loss eh....

Good luck to you when you give it another go... you WILL do it :)

Karen X

10. kae

kae gunna be a fatty for ever

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    CC
    my mum smoked for a simalar kind of time frame and tried stopping many times using patches etc and one day she'd had enought and went to docs and got these tablets called zyban and they were fantastic! shes not touched a ciggy since!

not sure if u could take will xenical but its defo worth askin your gp about if u r serious about stopping!!

luv katie
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.