New challenge...giving up smoking!!!

skyegirl

Well, I've been a smoker on and off since I was 14 , so thats......27ish years!! Yesterday Hubby and I decided we would try to give up today, we finished our last packet of tobacco this morning and I don't intend to buy anymore. Its only 3 hours since my last fag and I'm dying, I've cleaned the house done all the washing , just to keep me occupied, I'm at work for the next 4 days so that shouldn't be too bad, Hubby's madly hammering outside finishing a boat he's building and probably driving the neighbours mad.
Anyway all good intentions, health and finance, basically can't afford it anymore.
:smoke:

I wish you all the best skye, it can be done my dad has stopped smoking now for 12months, his 52 and been smoking since he was 15 lol. YOU CAN DO IT!

Hiya.......well done on deciding to give up, i can empatise with how you are feeling. I too smoked from the age of 14 and gave up 5 years ago at the age of 28, so had smoked half my life:eek:

I did have a few failed attempts but got there in the end. Its so worth it, so do your best, you will get there xx

Aww well jugling them both at once would drive me crazy :D

Hi,

I also started smoking at 14 and whilst I was never slim, my weight was normally between 11 and 11.5 stone when I decided to quit at the age of 25! I am really proud to say it will be my 17th year anniversary at the end of the month and I have never touched another to this day :D:D:D The only problem is I gained 4 stone in the 1st year then more with each of my 2 girls :eek: so I really understand how hard it is to give up the dreaded weed! If only I had the same willpower now with my weigt loss eh....

Good luck to you when you give it another go... you WILL do it :)

Karen X

my mum smoked for a simalar kind of time frame and tried stopping many times using patches etc and one day she'd had enought and went to docs and got these tablets called zyban and they were fantastic! shes not touched a ciggy since!

not sure if u could take will xenical but its defo worth askin your gp about if u r serious about stopping!!

luv katie
xx

Back