New class different food attitudes?

Well, I am a convenience food lover and don't seem to have done too badly eating pasta n sauces and Batchelor's low fat supernoodles ;) I love love love jacket spuds, and even before I started SW, would have them at least twice a week because I love them so much!Although obviously, I now have different fillings that aren't kazillions of calories! Most mornings I have Weetabix or fruit and yoghurt, and for lunch I'll either have ryvitas and laughing cow cheese or a pasta n sauce/super noodles. OH is out of work, so he cooks every night and is a dab hand at making SW friendly veggie dishes so I get lots of variety for my evening meal, but as for breakfast and lunch... I'm boring and I love it!!

NOOOOO! Have a lettuce leaf instead.................( yeah cos that's the same) lol

Lol!!! Empty your inbox as I've tried to message you Hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

One of my friends joined and I dont think she quite 'got' it - as a snack in the evening she would boil up a pan of tatties and sit and chomp her way through them lol! Oddly enough she didn't lose much weight.

Oh and thinking of it - last Thursday there was some woman behind me going on about the boiled lasagne sheets which you can boil and bake and they're supposed to be like crisps and the C was all over that saying howq great it sounded yet my poor pretend cauliflower cheese got met with blank stares lol. I'm not a crisp fan so wont be trying the lasagne crisps and surely they fall into that very grey area of food abuse.

Oh and also, when I talked about my cauli cheese the C asked if it wouldn't just be easier to use a packet of cheese sauce mix and syn it? I was quite shocked at that.

I will keep plugging away and soon they will be making my signature 'LIZAGNE' dish every week x

Funnily enough my c was talking about lasagne sheet crisps last week and saying it was a tweak and not to be encouraged. She said, would a slim person do this???? So true. :)

I must admit I do make the couscous cake but I tend to have it on green days but warmed up with fruit and yogurt as brekkie. I know a lady at my old group who would just sit and eat the whole thing lol.

Naughty Liz lol!!! Such a little tinker :)

One of my friends joined and I dont think she quite 'got' it - as a snack in the evening she would boil up a pan of tatties and sit and chomp her way through them lol! Oddly enough she didn't lose much weight.

Oh and thinking of it - last Thursday there was some woman behind me going on about the boiled lasagne sheets which you can boil and bake and they're supposed to be like crisps and the C was all over that saying howq great it sounded yet my poor pretend cauliflower cheese got met with blank stares lol. I'm not a crisp fan so wont be trying the lasagne crisps and surely they fall into that very grey area of food abuse.

Oh and also, when I talked about my cauli cheese the C asked if it wouldn't just be easier to use a packet of cheese sauce mix and syn it? I was quite shocked at that.

I will keep plugging away and soon they will be making my signature 'LIZAGNE' dish every week x

I've heard of the lasagne Doritos! Someone at my group was talking about the chickpea nuts last week, my consultant isn't a tweak/food abuse fan though so quickly put her right :) x

I think it depends on which group you go to, I am a shift worker and my C runs lots of groups every week and everyone I go to is different. Some are more foody based and others are different.

Cant stand the ones were people moan about not losing when they have not followed the plan!! Grrr x

I think it depends on which group you go to, I am a shift worker and my C runs lots of groups every week and everyone I go to is different. Some are more foody based and others are different.

Cant stand the ones were people moan about not losing when they have not followed the plan!! Grrr x

Oh I quite agree that due ot some people's jobs they need to have things that are quick and easy, but I was just a bit miffed that my recipes were dismissed in favour of convenience food. Don't get me wrong, when I am busy and in a hurry, I'm the first one to open a pasta and sauce too but there should be a balance x

Oh I quite agree that due ot some people's jobs they need to have things that are quick and easy, but I was just a bit miffed that my recipes were dismissed in favour of convenience food. Don't get me wrong, when I am busy and in a hurry, I'm the first one to open a pasta and sauce too but there should be a balance x

I definately agree that it needs to be balanced. My C also makes a point that cooking from scratch doesnt mean hours slaving over a hot stove.

I can cook lots of meals in under 30 mins x

I definately agree that it needs to be balanced. My C also makes a point that cooking from scratch doesnt mean hours slaving over a hot stove.

I can cook lots of meals in under 30 mins x

Yes of course and they do taste nicer. I am making a beef curry for tonight but am doing it in the slow cooker. The most time consuming bit will be chopping the beef and onions up x

Oh I agree. I always have a low syn ready meal in the freezer for just in case. But I honestly think they taste so bland and the portions are quite small too.

I tend to cook a large meal and divide it into portions.

Ready meals tend to be full of salt/added stuff too.

Oh I agree. I always have a low syn ready meal in the freezer for just in case. But I honestly think they taste so bland and the portions are quite small too.

I tend to cook a large meal and divide it into portions.

Ready meals tend to be full of salt/added stuff too.

Well my beef curry is one of the hairy bikers ones and I've done it a few times and I have to say it is lush. Better than any ready one - though maybe not as nice as the one from the local Indian takeaway lol. x

Well my beef curry is one of the hairy bikers ones and I've done it a few times and I have to say it is lush. Better than any ready one - though maybe not as nice as the one from the local Indian takeaway lol. x

The hairy dieters book is great and I've not found one in it yet that can't be made sw free or for very minimal syns

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Yes of course and they do taste nicer. I am making a beef curry for tonight but am doing it in the slow cooker. The most time consuming bit will be chopping the beef and onions up x

I quite often use the ready frozen chopped onions from Asda for quickness. They are great and save time! :)

The hairy dieters book is great and I've not found one in it yet that can't be made sw free or for very minimal syns

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Well the beef curry I am doing is lovely and all I need to do is leave out the oil and to be honest ot didn't make it taste any different. Even if I did use a tablespoon of oil, once it's divided up it's only a couple of syns anyway.

Back