New class different food attitudes?

stivesliz

Gold Member
So I had been doing SW at a class in my own town for 2 years but the C left and so did most of the members and I am at a different one a couple of miles away.

They are all very nice, but I have to say that their attitudes to food are so so so different. Myself and the gang at the old group are all proper foodies and would spend the majority of IT swapping recipes etc but this group is very different or should that be indifferent???? Any meals I try to explain is met with blank stares ( even by the C ) and nobody seems especially interested in any new recipes but they seem very into their pasta and sauces and convenience type foods when I am quite into my cooking?

Am not sure if I should persevere or give up but we all know that if we discover a new SW friendly dish or a way of adapting a favourite meal to being low syn or syn free then surely we want to share????

Hi, I am like you, I rarely eat convenience food (except salad leaves!) I work full time but I still cook from scratch - ok our meals are later but they are healthy, I have a couple of save me options just in case! I feel for you as I joined SW in Feb and have got the best consultant I have ever had and the group is great, recipe swapping all night as well as on our groups Facebook page. So I think this is more down to your consultant not enjoying her job enough to grasp your lovely input and encourage the others. Are you able to swap classes - I actually travel away from work & home to my class and wouldn't change now even though could go straight from work to another one. Hope you find a better class or this one changes for you. Xxx

Goodness theres no way I would be able to stand that. I changed ww group because of the same kind of attitudes. They would always discuss ready meals, convenience foods and alcohol! And while that is good to know, there didnt seem to be any room for cooking real food. I think a meeting should be balanced so that everyone can get some advice, not just the people who depend on convenience foods.

Are there any other classes you could go to? I'm like you, I love to cook and I enjoy knowing that my family are eating food made from fresh ingredients and any ideas to make something new or a regular dish more interesting is always welcome!

I do actually like the group and the C too but its just a bit frustrating really. I like to do a cauliflower cheese dish where I boil and mash the cauli and then stir in my A option of cheese and throw it in the oven. Its lovely with a roast and lets be honest, very simple, and when I tried to explain last week nobody could get what I meant lol but were wanting to talk about snackpots etc etc.

Ooo that sounds lovely, I love cauliflower cheese, shall be trying that one - thanks. I think I would make it my aim to re educate with one recipe a week!!! Convert the convenience group!!!! Xxx

there was a taster last week and there was a lot of bowls of fruit salad lol

Fruit salad my consultant would have a fit only fruit kebabs on micardo are good enough for our group
N our next taster may as well be themed taste of Asia I reckon we are planning already ;)

You can't beat proper healthy home cooked fresh food.
It amazes me how some people at classes I've been to in the past eat the same things every single day. I would get so bored of that x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can't beat proper healthy home cooked fresh food.
It amazes me how some people at classes I've been to in the past eat the same things every single day. I would get so bored of that x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I remember at SW years ago there was a woman that used to have evry single day - on a green day - cereal for brekkie, pasta and sauce for lunch and a jacket potato for dinner. 7 days a week LOL zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey Liz
sounds like a woman at the class I went to a few years ago. She would have such bland food every single day and most weeks didn't understand why she had lost a tiny amount or sts.
I even asked her what meals she enjoys etc and she was like oh I only have wholemeal bread and phili for lunch and like a plain chicken breast with a couple of boiled potatoes and carrots for dinner!!!
Id go out of my mind eating the same every single day. It certainly would make dieting boring otherwise.

Last week I picked up the extra easy meals in minutes and its got fantastic recipes in there even for people who can't really cook. They seem simple enough.

Although packets/tins/frozen foods can be convenient at times I do try my best to have mostly fresh food all week. There's nothing tastier than fresh home cooked food :)
xxxx

I couldn't survive on the same meals either. I love my food too much! To be honest I couldn't really cook when I started but I've slowly learned how and enjoy making new meals now.

There was a woman at my group last week who I've never spoken to before, she doesn't eat syns! She was telling us how she was struggling and losing/gaining the same 0.5-1lb every week. So my cousin said well what do you eat how many syns do you have? She said oh I don't have any, WHY?! We told her to get some syns down her lol looking forward to seeing how she gets on next week. I'd feel totally bored and deprived without some evening naughties to look forward to.

there was one woman before who joined and shed been a member before I think and my consultant asked how she found the plan and she was like, oh hard, as always. I just eat boiled potatoes and chicken. How can you just eat the same stuff all the time? I'd seriously fall off the wagon.

I couldn't survive on the same meals either. I love my food too much! To be honest I couldn't really cook when I started but I've slowly learned how and enjoy making new meals now.

There was a woman at my group last week who I've never spoken to before, she doesn't eat syns! She was telling us how she was struggling and losing/gaining the same 0.5-1lb every week. So my cousin said well what do you eat how many syns do you have? She said oh I don't have any, WHY?! We told her to get some syns down her lol looking forward to seeing how she gets on next week. I'd feel totally bored and deprived without some evening naughties to look forward to.

there was one woman before who joined and shed been a member before I think and my consultant asked how she found the plan and she was like, oh hard, as always. I just eat boiled potatoes and chicken. How can you just eat the same stuff all the time? I'd seriously fall off the wagon.

One of my friends joined and I dont think she quite 'got' it - as a snack in the evening she would boil up a pan of tatties and sit and chomp her way through them lol! Oddly enough she didn't lose much weight.

Oh and thinking of it - last Thursday there was some woman behind me going on about the boiled lasagne sheets which you can boil and bake and they're supposed to be like crisps and the C was all over that saying howq great it sounded yet my poor pretend cauliflower cheese got met with blank stares lol. I'm not a crisp fan so wont be trying the lasagne crisps and surely they fall into that very grey area of food abuse.

Oh and also, when I talked about my cauli cheese the C asked if it wouldn't just be easier to use a packet of cheese sauce mix and syn it? I was quite shocked at that.

I will keep plugging away and soon they will be making my signature 'LIZAGNE' dish every week x

The C shouldn't say that, that's just teaching people to be lazy and use the packet mixes lol!
Fresh is best as I keep saying lol!
Ive noticed at some classes people will talk about how they make lasagne crisps, smash pizza, smash scones and cous cous cake abd how it's syn free and they eat tons of it and the C hasn't even explained to them that its a mis-use of food and they should be synning it lol xxx

The C shouldn't say that, that's just teaching people to be lazy and use the packet mixes lol!
Fresh is best as I keep saying lol!
Ive noticed at some classes people will talk about how they make lasagne crisps, smash pizza, smash scones and cous cous cake abd how it's syn free and they eat tons of it and the C hasn't even explained to them that its a mis-use of food and they should be synning it lol xxx

I must admit I do make the couscous cake but I tend to have it on green days but warmed up with fruit and yogurt as brekkie. I know a lady at my old group who would just sit and eat the whole thing lol.

Back