New & depressed but determined to change

19y/omummytummy

Hello all,

My name is Tasha, I'm a 19 year old mummy from Essex, and I've decided to loose some weight and tone up my body as I am still very young - As a teenager I do not feel that I should look like I do - which is flabby, fat and blatantly unattractive....

So I'm joining you loverly lot here at MiniMins; I have realised I need help :help2: - I think I am slowly gaining the willpower to change, and I really, really want to but I might just need that little extra support? You girls on here are an inspiration; I've been reading the success stories and looking at the inspiration photos and it just makes me feel a little bit better about myself and my situation - that I really can achieve that goal - that I won't be fat forever.

I have never really been a skinny person, which has always been a bit of a problem for me: I was a size 18 (I say I was an 18 - but my 18s were in fact very, very tight on me) at the age of 15, and except for a year after that where I suffered from anorexia and dropped to a size 8-10, I've never been able to control my weight. This has always made me deeply depressed, as despite aspiring to feminist ideals that women shouldn't HAVE to be size 8 stick figures with big boobs in order to be attractive, I find myself feeling completely inadequate and disgusting with my body as it is, and the smallest I can seem to get down to is a size 14, and even then I am so flabby and saggy - I just feel like I will never be good enough :( ... So what's the point in trying?

I've now had a little girl, and am struggling to loose the 'baby weight', my curves have all squished into the wrong places; somehow I have 3 sets of hips and 2 sets of love handles, and my belly is just disgusting... Of course it doesn't help that I am breastfeeding and that just seems to make me STARVING hungry ALL THE TIME It's like i just have to be scoffing my face off, and I am STILL feeling famished! :party0051:

I realise I have to do something about my weight now, but I'm terrified of slipping back into anorexia, as it does seem to be all or nothing with me at the minute: If I allow myself to think "Oh, one won't hurt..." I end up eating the whole packet of whatever it is :doh:. However if I don't let myself eat anything at all, that does seem to be one way I can easily manage my weight... I don't get hungry if I never eat, but I don't want that to spiral our of control into an eating disorder again - Does anyone know how to free oneself from this 'all or nothing' mentality?? Please?? Help!

...*sigh* I know I need to do something and I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME. I am going to... Watch this space! But I really hope this forum will help make it easier; I have a size 14 dress for a wedding I am going to next month and I FULLY intend to fit in it!

Wish me luck! and Thanks for reading x

hiya hun, welcome to mini's. what are you doing at the moment to lose weight? have you thought about ww/sw or something like that? its hard when you have a new baby, when i had mine i went out walking for 1hr with her in the morning then in the eve when bf home from work id go on my own again only power walk it with no buggy. i lost 3stone but sadly gained it back! i wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide :) :) xx

Welcome to both of you. What diet are you doing? Whatever you do to lose weight you will find all the supposrt you need here x

hello and welcome!
i really feel for you. i too have a bit of trouble, all or nothing, but not to your extremes, i was a 16 when i had my son, split with my partner, went down to an 8 by eating sp k and salad and doing 6 hrs areobic exersise a week and looking after the wee one!
and then i put it all back on and more, so now i am really determined.
i am doing the cambidge diet where you have nothing but soups/shakes/bars.
i dont know if this would be right for you as you are breast feeding (the babys health being paramount) and have suffered fom anorexia.
can you maybe go to your gp about it?
try ww or slimming world?
sorry i dont really have anything useful to say, just want to wish you all the best in the future.
and the main thing.....enjoy being a mummy - its ace!! (def worth the jelly belly that i still had at size 8!!!)
big love. x

Hi and welcome. You are sounding so postitive i know you will succeed. Take it a day at a time and take small steps and you will get there

Good luck

Irene xx

hiya hun, welcome to mini's. what are you doing at the moment to lose weight? have you thought about ww/sw or something like that? its hard when you have a new baby, when i had mine i went out walking for 1hr with her in the morning then in the eve when bf home from work id go on my own again only power walk it with no buggy. i lost 3stone but sadly gained it back! i wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide :) :) xx

I am doing some toning exercises to try and get rid of my saggy tummy... but if I'm honest I don't do them every day and probably should! I do walk into town and back most days, which is about 3 miles...

I haven't got a specific diet atm - I'm just trying to stick to breakfast, lunch and dinner... I might cut out breakfast, though as although they say it's the most important meal of the day, I swear it makes me pile the pounds on?!

I am aware, though that as much as I would love to just cut the callories right down, I need to eat a certain amount each day and ensure I'm getting the protein and the nutrients that my baby needs. Through all else Anna needs to be my top priority, and I would really hate to have to stop breastfeeding her and put her on a bottle.

Blah! Should probably work out more of a structured planned diet, rather than just hoping the weight will come away! haha

Thanks for your warm welcome :) I'm sure that with the support and experience of everyone here, I will know what I am doing and start loosing the weight in now time.

Welcome to Minimins Tasha :D

You've come to the right place! :):):)

Lacey :)

I am doing some toning exercises to try and get rid of my saggy tummy... but if I'm honest I don't do them every day and probably should! I do walk into town and back most days, which is about 3 miles...

I haven't got a specific diet atm - I'm just trying to stick to breakfast, lunch and dinner... I might cut out breakfast, though as although they say it's the most important meal of the day, I swear it makes me pile the pounds on?!

I am aware, though that as much as I would love to just cut the callories right down, I need to eat a certain amount each day and ensure I'm getting the protein and the nutrients that my baby needs. Through all else Anna needs to be my top priority, and I would really hate to have to stop breastfeeding her and put her on a bottle.

Blah! Should probably work out more of a structured planned diet, rather than just hoping the weight will come away! haha

Thanks for your warm welcome :) I'm sure that with the support and experience of everyone here, I will know what I am doing and start loosing the weight in now time.
Have you ever thought of trying Slimming World? I know they support new mums and adjust the plan accordingly. And it works! It is real food and fits in nicely to any lifestyle.

mummytummy this lot are fantasic i joined a few days ago and allways someone on here 24/7 to chat with if your at a low point

Back