New diet. Any advice?

Thought id continue with the 'blog' as it were.

As you can see, i've had quite a good start to my diet, i targeted myself to lose 2lbs per week until my birthday at the end of July, that would total me losing 100lbs, a massive amount i know but ive got a massive amount to lose.

Weight Week 1:
This was a tough week, there was still loads of 'bad' foods in the fridge freezer and cupboards, getting used to buying different foods when i went to Asda, taking a different route, sticking to a list - it's alot cheaper too! I didn't really do that much exercise to be honest, the odd jog around the block (1.5km) or 5km on the bike, a few extra trips up the stairs. Came to weigh day and i lost 11lbs, a massive amount and exactly what i needed to push me to continue

Weight Week 2:
I was in two minds at the start of week 2, i had just lost 11lbs so i knew that was huge and i cant expect to lose that, or even half that amount each week so it was quite tough mentally knowing that this week would be alot less, anyway i didnt cheat (apart from Treat night Fridays!) did a little bt more exercise, got used to making healthier meals and got my head around how to use my blender and what made a nice smoothie (Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, natural yoghurt, ice and 100ml or pure OJ, awesome!) I usually make 2L of smoothie/juice on a morning and keep it in the fridge, if i ever need a snack or feel hungry i just have some of that, i can taste its healthy so mentally it helps me, having that rather than a bag of crisps, or something not so good for me! Weigh day came, and i lost 3lbs, i was a bit disappointed as this week i had changed my weigh day from Tuesday to Friday, so it was a 10day stint between weigh-ins, rather than the normal 7 days, so 3lbs over 10days, i was a bit down but i kept on in the knowledge id do more exercise next week and determined to beat myself and lose more than 3lbs next week!

Weight Week 3:
I was determined here to push on, had more smoothies and less big meals which made me abit more active, did a lot more exercise (inc. 20km on exercise bike!) i did eat out at a restaurant twice tho, obly thing i could find half healthy were chargrilled chicken wraps, came with chips, i had a handful then put mayonnaise on the rest, i hate mayo, so that stopped me eating any more! I had a good week i thought, although due to eating out i didnt think id lose much, if any, more than 3lbs, weigh day came and amazingly i had lost 5lbs! I was over the moon

Halfway through Weight Week 3 i got myself some cheapo Bladderwrack(sp?) tablets from the chemist, been advised of them by a friend at the early stages of losing weight as they stop water retention (apparently?) - anyway yeah, i managed to lose 5lbs during a week where i thought id only lose 2/3lbs so not putting it totally down to that, it may be a coincidence but eitherway im happy!

Bring on Weight Week 4, for another loss! 19lbs so far out of a target of 100lbs!

Heya,
glad to see that you're still doing really well, those are some great losses, even if you were a tad disappointed at times.
The smoothies sound like a great idea!
Been on the cross trainer yet?

Yeah, the X-trainer is an absolute killer - 5minutes non stop and im whacked, hopefully that'll improve with fitness though. I'm going to start going on for 5.5mins, 6mins, 6.5mins etc and build it up gradually.

The exercise bike is good though, did 30mins the other day, it said i did 18km, im not too confident on the speedo of it but i was sweating and shattered afterwards so even if it wasnt 18km it was 30mins and the weights coming off so i must be doing something right.

Treat myself to a Domino's pizza on Friday night, managed to go to the pub before and after the football on Saturday and just drink diet coke too so the willpower is there, when before its being sadly lacking!

Another weigh day, another loss

3LBS

Going really well, im so pleased:
18/01/2011​
308​

25/01/2011​
297​
-11​
04/02/2011​
294​
-3​
11/02/2011​