New diet cheffer!

banshee

Hi, just about to embark on the diet chef plan, have lost loads of weight in the past, but same old story started to put it back on (quitting smoking really blew it for me)

My hamper is due to arrive tomorrow, so best foot forward and going to crack straight on with it. Everyone here seems to rate it highly, so I am feeling unusually positive about starting. 70lbs to lose, which seems a bit daunting right now, so aiming at 10lb targets at a time. although would like to have lost all of it by brothers wedding in august!

Hey banshe, i felt the same strange positive feeling about it, and i wasn't wrong. Its day two and i havent even felt like i'm on a diet. The food is yummier than what i'd eat normally , and so satisfying!! I didn't even eat all my calories yesterday and ate my snack just because i didn't want to eat to few calories, unheard of for me! Anyway best of luck, would love to see more people posting in this forum for support and encouragement :) xx

hey elemental, I will post regularly, probably get fed up of my yapping on lol...sounds like you have made a great start..nice to get to end of the first day feeling good about what you have eaten!

Well I have only had a couple of meals so far, ..I ordered loads of granola cos I eat granola anyways so knew I would like it..I was bit mortified by how teeny the portion was...no wonder I have a butt the size of a small planatary body...I usually fill my bowl to the top with granola!! But actually it was really nice, and I drank a pint of water too so was suprisingly not hungry!

Blown away by the soup though, amazing, it was lovely..had it with a slice of bread and expected to be hungry an hr later but not in the least...think I am going to like this diet!

haha yeah i thought the granola portions were teeny but it's good as it encourages us to bulk it out with fruit :D i'm trying the beef goulash for tea, with a portion of smash and a portion of steam bag veg. I am going to try the things i'm not sure about first so i can take them off next months list quickly if i dont like them lol, cant see that happening though as you say blown away so far!!!

well tried the mushroom risotto, was nearly put off by the smell, it didnt smell good at all, but decided to just get along and try it, and with a few chilli flakes and a load of brocoli it was really nice. I am suprisingly not hungry too, when saw the size of the portions I really did think I would be. well happy with food, lets hope the 1lbs go too then will be delighted!

goulash was ok too, ruined by the veg tho which i am so not used to eating. I love fruit, and i love salad , and i love veg if its in a stew but i cant eat boiled or steamed veg it makes me just not want to eat lol. i wonder if i can retrain myself to eat it? :rolleyes:

a lot of side salads in your future then lol! not so keen myself to be honest, but there seems to be lots of sauce in most of the mains so with just mix it all up in one bowl!

yeah i noticed they are really saucey, definitely helps the veggies go down a little!! Would sooner just have beens though to be honest but they are so high calorie despite being healthy. Might look into the weight watchers ones, seen them but never tried them have you? The low salt and sugar ones were bland and vile lol

no never tried any of the weight watchers stuff, I lost weight before on a strict no processed high protein food diet. it was killer expensive and time consuming with the cooking, hence not wanting to go back on that one.

maybe try roasting/grilling veggies with frylite, I dont see why you cant on this diet as long as you count the calories and keep to your allowance, a small potato, cut up into wedges, pre cooked for a few minutes in the microwave then sprayed with frylite and seasoning then baked in hot oven is nice...not as nice as real chips but still edible. that with a low calorie side salad?? I figure if I just carry on I will get used to it!

Side salads just reintroduce the pain of shopping, planning and preparing though which i am trying to avoid lol,

Roasted veg however is an excellent idea!! Will avoid the chips though as thats creeping back into bad habits lol, when i was on atkins though celeriac chips were a godsend!!! Might give them another go :D

I must admit I cheat on the salad I buy pre prepped ones, I dont like celeriac but I make carrot and swede chips instead, covered in chilli flakes, but then I like everything super spicy. what I really miss is cheese! I love spicy food with tons of cheese grated all over! I can live with out all the sinful stuff, but cheese and wine are the hard ones to give up for me!

I tried 3 times to reply to this when i was at work the other night but the computer kept freezing.

Here goes;

I like the prepared bags of salad, but it's not really a salad without cucumber, grated carrot, red onion, beetroot and coleslaw (slurrrrp!!) Makes me hungry just thinking about it, i could actually live on that if someone did all the prep and shopping lol.

I am so with you on the cheese!! Cheese and wine is my diet nemisis, and you can't beat a nice chilli con carne sprinkled with mature cheddar - nom nom nom!!

I have the chilli con carne dinner tonight, wonder what it's like? Mixed bean pasta salad was VILE!! Went in the bin (my husband) haha :D:D:D

I buy tesco one with every thing bar the beetroot and coleslaw...mmm love coleslaw...still not the same tho, and really works out daft expensive compared to doing it yourself...but doing it myself means going to the fridge too often and being too tempted.

the chilli is ok, bit bland for me, so out came the red hot pepper sauce and that made it better, I have the mixed bean salad havent tried it yet, lol scared now!! oh well I am sure if I dont like it the wolves will eat it!

Oh which bit of tescos sells that then? Is it with the sandwiches? I dont think i've seen them that well prepared.

LOL do you have wolves? I have six more of the bean salad but apparently you can send them back and swap for other meals so long as they are dinners for dinners, lunches for lunches etc. Might as well wait till i've tried everything though then i can send it all back together! Has made me wary of trying things now though lol

I have dogs that are bred to look like wolves.

I am just get through what I have and adjust next month and take a couple of things out, to be honest there has only been 1 thing so far that I just couldnt put up with, which was one of the soups, but my son liked it so it wasnt wasted, and I dont think I will bother with the mushroom risotto again, it wasnt awful but have preferred other stuff, had goulash tonight, very yummy!!

Last edited:
059.jpg

057.jpg

thanks, they are both sweeties too, big soppy idiots. Esk the dark grey one is the royal highness of the household, what she acts like a spoiled princess, Caoimhe is the jester, if there is mischief to be done she is there in the middle of it!

Back