New dieter struggling!

FatGooner

Hello all,

I'm in need of help with temptations and hunger.

I've started my diet (the first real diet + exercise in my life!) on Friday, but even before then, I've tried cutting bad food and habbits from my diet. But, I've always struggled.

Getting a drink at midnight I'm always tempted to have a snack and often do.
Making lunch, I find myself giving myself more than I should.

And the bad thing is, I know what I'm doing is wrong, and I say to myself 'Well it's only this once it won't happen again'. Even though I know it will.

How did you come over this temptation problem? I think this will be a big problem in my diet. :(

Another problem I'm having is hunger! Ever since I started my diet I've been eating healthy, small, low fat meals, they're nice I'm not complaining about that. But they're just not filling for me and I find myself sitting down hungry, trying to take my mind off of it by doing something else and failing then just eating something just to make myself less hungry. I tried drinking water aswell but that does nothing, so I'm more or less sat in hunger for hours till the next meal. :( What should I do to overcome this, as this I believe will be my downfall!

Also, how long does it take for someone's stomach to shrink?

Thanks for any help! :)

think you need slimming world you sound like me for the last 8 years! but slimming world is great for me as you can eat loads at any time of the day and still loose weight at a great rate!! so worth going to a group i thing it's the best thing i ever did!! the plan works because you never feel hungry or deprived! and you can have sin's so you can afford yourself a little treat now and then!! honest i cant fault it one bit! good luck!!!!!!

Hi Fatgooner

(You should change that name I can hardly bring myself to write it!). Keep busy!!! I do anything, even gross things like ironing but preferably nice things like painting my nails, applying fake tan, look at Minimins, a bit of exercise whatever.... You are constantly thinking about food and getting obsessed by it which makes you crave it even more.

Try drinking 7up light - this really bloats you up - and make sure you have a decent breakfast - porridge is good and filling. Have you got low fat crisps and cereal bars (there's some great 100 cal ones by Nakd which are totally natural, the chocolate one is delicious) to snack on???

Good luck and keep posting :)

Pomooky XX

I'm the same as u Fatgooner :( I started my diet about a week ago and don't think I've lost any weight yet, I do something good like exercise or eat something healthy and then ruin it in a moment of madness, just cant seem to keep up the good bits lol

Back