New, fat person here. Starting to be skinny **NOW**

Monster Muncher

Chubby Man
Hi everyone,

I've been mooching around this site for a few days now, generally getting inspired and investigating all the fabulous resources available here. It's a fab site and I HOPE to become part of the community. :)

Anyway, for me to be here, it's pretty obvious I am probably overweight. And I am.

I am 29 years old (in two weeks!) and weigh 19st 6lb(ish). Whilst not fat fat I am massively overweight and have a large belly and masses of fatty deposits in unwanted places.

The reason for my weightloss is to become healthy and enhance my life but the catalyst is my wedding, on June 19th next year. And also a wedding in middle of October where I am best man. I simply want to feel better about myself for this as 3 weeks isn't enough to do anything spectacular.

I also want to be able to buy nice clothes and not have to constantly look for XL sizes and 40" jeans, which is ultra embrassing in 'trendy' clothes shops and I also want to be a fit and healthy dad when we eventually have children.

I am going to do it via weightwatchers (not going to meetings but I have al the literature and calculators etc) and by exercising more, a lot more.

I haven't always been a fatty though - this was me in 2003/4.
1jacket.jpg

and this, embarassingly, is me now, well, in June, in Cambodia. (other faces have been blurred to avoid any embrassment from being photographed with a fatty).
fatty-1.jpg

So, I will be starting my new diet and new lifestyle on Monday 28th September. I am going to keep an online blog/diary too (can anyone recommend which is better?) which I am looking forward to writing and I know will help me keep me focussed.

I really hope to be a success and am looking forward to starting.

See you all around. :)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome

Fab first post. Sounds like you have got it all well planned out. Best of luck with your new start on monday.

Hi GreatSuka
Welcome to this forum. The people on here are great and there are lots following weight watchers who will support you on your journey.
You will soon lose the weight and be a size 30 waist for your wedding.

Keep us updated

Love xx

Thanks so much for the welcome. I can't wait to start. Look forward to recieving the much appreciated support. :)

Hey GreatSkua!!!!
Welcome and Hi! I only joined a couple of days ago so am a newbie myself! Goodluck on your weightloss journey, I'm sure you'll be able to do it. Wow great photo, I'm sure you'll be back to your old self in no time!!

good luck with your new lifestyle :D hope it goes well for you, keep us posted :D

Hi, just wanting to wish you good luck for Monday.

It's great to have an incentive to lose the weight and I really hope you achieve the loss you're aiming for.

x

Hello *waves* I joined a few days ago too and this place is a great place to be, better than any slimming clubs anywhere in the world!

post up the link to my diary, should anyone be interested. :)

Last edited:
welcome and good luck.. hope you achieve what you set out too...!!! xx

Back