New gal - Day 4 done!

miss piggy

Hi everyone!!! I'm 31 and have 3 or 4 stone to lose. I started LT on Thursday and was STARVING for first 3 days! But today was much better. I still feel a little weaker than normal but the hunger pangs are dying down. :)

I had a dinner party to go last night and i skipped a shake and had a few mouthsize pieces of chicken & steak. I'm hoping that won't affect my loss this week too much. My stick test next morn said i was still in ketosis... is that possible? Not the best start for week 1. :eek:

I have chosen a pretty bad time to start because i am going on hols next week with hubby & kids (all inclusive) and will be away a few more weeks over school hols! But i couldn't stand the weight any longer. I feel better already. Does anyone have any ideas for me on the hols!! Any help please!!!

tough - hope it goes well :)

Boysmum - why sad??

my goodness - you all replied so fast! Thanks! Thinking of shakes for 2 meals & chicken/meat (no carbs) for dinner. Hubby is supportive and will look after kids at meals. Still deciding what to do. I was in the right mindset to start this journey so i just did....not thinking properly about next week! Fingers crossed but any advice is appreciated!!!

that sounds like a good plan. just stay away from chips bread etc and it wont be to hard getting back on it 100% when you get back

becky xx im not on lt on cd but just throwing in my tupence!!

Good luck Miss Piggy and have a great holiday. It sounds like your plan for protein meals is a good 'un.

Take care.

x

welcome and good luck hope you have a fab holiday! x

Just wanted to welcome u to the forum and wish u well with the diet ....and the holidays

Thanks everyone :thankyou: ... i think i'm going to like this place! It is so motivating to see how well everyone is doing!:party0011:

Satty, LT is a tfr diet so you should not eat anything at all. If it is unavoidable to eat then grilled lean chicken is a good choice as it shouldn't take you out of ketosis. BUT, it may give you the munchies and is the slippery slope to eating.

Your first week is the hardest but you will achieve more if you stick to LT totally. Be strong.

Good luck.

x

I know that when you do the Atkins diet you also go into ketosis because you are only eating protein, so it is possible to eat just meat and stay in ketosis.

*dreams about eating a big fat steak* lol

Back