New girl on Day 3!

prettyfromtheback

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while reading your posts to help me make the decision to start CD! I kept putting it off finding excuses...I'm going away for a few days in March so is there any point as I will fall off the wagon then - but then I thought how much I could lose between now and then. Your successes are a huge inspiration.

My start weight is 14st 4lb which is shocking. My usual weight is about 13st which is still way above what I want to be, but this last stone has made me want to do something, my clothes are tight and I don't want to have to start buying size 18. My absolute perfect weight would be 9st which I haven't been since I was about 16, but to get down to 11st would make a massive difference and I know I would feel much better about myself. Being able to dust off my size 14s would be a great achievement I think.

The first two days were relatively easy, I've been busy at work and have no problem drinking a few litres of water, and I went out for a friend's birthday and managed to stick to the soda water (although the bar staff gave me a strange look when I hurled the lemon slices back at them!). Only problem I had was we don't have kitchen facilities at work and I'm a bit embarrassed about making up my shake at my desk as I haven't told everyone what I'm up to, so next week I'm definitely ordering some tetra paks! I must admit yesterday I did start thinking about food a lot, which did make the hunger play on my mind.

I know a few people have mentioned they have a problem sleeping but I've had a problem waking up! I slept 12 hours last night, then woke up feeling really wobbly because I hadn't had my morning shake....but now feeling lots better.

I have a couple of questions - apologies if they are old hat:
1) best place to buy psyllium husks? is it the powder as opposed to capsules that we go for?
2) I'm on jury service next month for 2 weeks so won't get to see my counsellor as I go to one near work at lunchtime - is it possible to get 2 weeks supply or will I have to find an alternative evening one to go to?
3) What's the best way to get the soups nice and smooth? I seem to get lumps no matter how hard I whisk/mix them up!
4) My TOTM has randomly started about a week early - lucky me! I'm worried that ibuprofen has sugar in the coating, is it ok to take painkillers or could it be a problem?

Anyway I've ordered some ketostix which should turn up early next week, so here's hoping ketosis arrives soon!!! Sorry for the long ramble, here's to a successful weekend for everyone! xxx

Hi prettyfromtheback,

:welcome:

Well done on day 3!!!

The tetra packs are very handy along with the yummy CD bars!

I have a couple of questions - apologies if they are old hat:
1) best place to buy psyllium husks? is it the powder as opposed to capsules that we go for?

I have not myself used psyllium husks but those that use them go for the poweder mostly...Russiandoll would be able to help you out here...

2) I'm on jury service next month for 2 weeks so won't get to see my counsellor as I go to one near work at lunchtime - is it possible to get 2 weeks supply or will I have to find an alternative evening one to go to?

I am sure your CDC will provide you with two weeks supply provided she know in time to order in enough stock.

3) What's the best way to get the soups nice and smooth? I seem to get lumps no matter how hard I whisk/mix them up!

Try mixing them with a little water first and make into a paste then add water and whisk... I have a Braun hand blender and it gets rid of all the lumps perfectly. Aslo have a plastic shaker with a grid insert and it does a good job as well.

4) My TOTM has randomly started about a week early - lucky me! I'm worried that ibuprofen has sugar in the coating, is it ok to take painkillers or could it be a problem?

It is advised to take your normal painkiller.

Love Mini xxx

Well done on making the decision to start Cambridge!

It really is a fabulous diet.

Hope all goes well for you x

Well done on getting to day 3 :)

1) best place to buy psyllium husks? is it the powder as opposed to capsules that we go for? I bought the powder from Holland&Barrett but i think it's cheapest from here.
Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub
I've now got the capsules though as i didn't like how it made my soup and i don't have shakes.

Should be no problem, i've had 3 weeks supply before.
I just pour my hot water into a jug, throw soup on top and mix with a balloon whisk, never had a lump yet.
I've taken ibuprofen and all manner of other painkillers and it's been fine :)

Good luck with the rest of your first week, look forward to hearing how you've done in a few days!!

Hi hun - i'm a new starter too, today is day 5! Cos i'm new i'm not much use for answering your questions, but everyone on here is so full of information and will help with anything - they're all fab!
x

Welcome welcome!! Strap yourself in for a rollercoaster ride and you will be disappearing before your very eyes!!

Georgie
xx

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while reading your posts to help me make the decision to start CD! I kept putting it off finding excuses...I'm going away for a few days in March so is there any point as I will fall off the wagon then - but then I thought how much I could lose between now and then. Your successes are a huge inspiration.

My start weight is 14st 4lb which is shocking. My usual weight is about 13st which is still way above what I want to be, but this last stone has made me want to do something, my clothes are tight and I don't want to have to start buying size 18. My absolute perfect weight would be 9st which I haven't been since I was about 16, but to get down to 11st would make a massive difference and I know I would feel much better about myself. Being able to dust off my size 14s would be a great achievement I think.

Wow - you're the same stats as me, I'm 5ft 6'' so like you can get into a 14 at 11-11.7st.
I'm only on day 6, I'm a re-starter from a long while ago so treating this like me first time which was 8wks on LL (had to stop due to costs really).
Tho my perfect weight is 10st, at a push 9.10 but I start to look skinny (hahaha) at anything less - well I did once put it that way!
I'm 37 2 kids - separated & would love a diet buddy as I am on my own most of the time! Specially with the extra weight - I'm too self concious to even go out!
Nice to meet you - good luck on your journey xxx

Hi Time4Me, it's good to know there's someone out there with similar targets to me! I haven't been able to get into my size 14 stuff for a good 4/5 years. I've never done a VLCD before so it's all new and only on day 4 so still early days. Unfortunately this site is blocked at work so I can only post on weekends and evenings but we will definitely have to compare notes. Good luck to you too! xxx

How rude....

.... For them to block the site!

Mind you I did literally no work at all last wk as I kept coming in here :eek::eek::eek:.... It was a godsend - tho as Manager not the example I should be setting!
I find that I need more help evenings and weekends anyway - plus I keep getting lost in the arcade for an hour at a time :D:D:D...
Catch up again later xx

Hi everyone on minimims.I too am a newbie to the site and cd.Im currently 13.13 unlucky for some especially me!!Currently on day 7!! I'm definetley amazing my freinds and family that I've manged till now.Really finding this site great for keeping me strong because I am really known for giveing up every new year.Been getting the odd vibe and comments for the odd mates,who maybe get worried when I start.The " Your gonna look funny slim" got to me the other day.The problem is I never have been so I really dont know but thinking more deeply into it maybe she was gettin wooried because she has recently put some on and was tryin to put me off maybe but I am not gonna let these sort of things to get to me.Thanks to everyone who post on here it really does help others who are early stages XXX

Back