New girl on the block

PurpleHat

Hi everyone,*waves* i've been lurking for a few evenings & tonight decided to join.
I decided it was time to loose some weight as i've started to feel uncomfortable with myself, I lost 2st about a year & a half ago just dancing (Modern Jive) but put it all back on when i stopped going.
So have taken the step to join Slimming World and see how things go...wish me luck :)
Many blessings
Jx

PS: Can someone tell me how to attach my 'diet ticker' on here please?

Im new too...have posted a few times on here but never had any replies.....must of been something I said!!!! Im starting Exante monday as have around 7stone to lose, im excited and nervous....I plan to stay on it til xmas, having a little break and then back on it in the new year...good luck to you with your weightloss journey :) xxx nicky

I have signed up to this site today. Good luck on your weight loss journey, together we can do this.

Hi every1! I'm new on here 2, I've started the Cambridge diet 3 weeks ago and need some friendly encouragement! I hope every1 is well and managing on there weight loss plan! xx

Hello and welcome just to copy what i have put on another thread hope this helps

I would just say that make sure wherever possible to not have any temptations in the house i.e loads of bars of cholate, bags of crisps etc. You should always have plenty of fruit laying about as its the easiest thing to grab when you feel peckish also muller light yogurts are a good go to.

As for meals i have found a whole new world has opened up by using spices in my food so i would say every week when you go shopping just keep buying a couple and you will soon build up a good collection that will last you ages some that i use are cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, tikka, tandori, mild curry, hot curry, paprika, smokey paprika, cayanne pepper, thyme, oregano, parsley, garamasala, chilli flakes i also have most of the swartz range. You can loads cheap at Aldi, B&M bargains, Home bargains and i get alot from Morrisons to. Other things to have are tobasco sauce, light soy sauce (great on salmon) worcestershire sauce and stock cubes.

I would also suggest making meals in bulk. I make chilli con carnes, curries, home made burgers in advance. Chilli con carne i make a massive batch that makes 5 meals worth in one go so you can freeze some or always leave one in the fridge if you feel hungry just zap it in the microwave for 5 minutes.

Back