New guy here ...

Best of luck starting CD, the pounds will fly off :)

RE the shaker, I have one and the coffee cup with motor but to be honest as said before I'd be lost withour my handblender, the others are useless compared to it.
Gauranteed no lumps :)

Also I'm 5ft 8 female and my CD said that for my height and (if you are a male of any height) you need 4 sachets for the nutrient content. They have very little calories so having the extra one makes no difference to how mush you lose but for good health you need it for RDA.

My husband and mom and dad started with me on thursday - the cdc said regardless of height men have 4 packs.
I use my jug blender I pour in the water and then chuck the powder on top and whizz away - delicious
My mom loves the shaker she had from the cdc but I think she likes the convenience of not takin a gadget to mix to work. - she swears there are no lumps - not sure?

Just popped into Woolies and picked up a hand blender complete with measuring/blending jug for £5... cant argue with that!

Does anyone pre-mix the shakes and then take them to work with them at all? I'd get some funny looks pulling out this blender in the coffee area :sad0071: :D

You must drink the shakes within 15 mins of preparing them so I'm afraid you're gonna have to take your blender to work or buy tetras off your counsellor. Tetras are ready made cartons and come in chocolate and banana. Good luck and welcome.

You must drink the shakes within 15 mins of preparing them so I'm afraid you're gonna have to take your blender to work or buy tetras off your counsellor. Tetras are ready made cartons and come in chocolate and banana. Good luck and welcome.

I see... do the Tetra's cost the same as a shake?

Cheers! :D

5pounds..... bargain! Great investment:)

I only bring Tetras to work.., so convenient.

My shakes are 3euro and my tetras are 3.50euro so more expensive but definitely worth it. Plus they are yummy.

Sometimes I put a little choc tetra into my black coffee, makes it like a mocha :)

(Also, shakes/soups have to be eaten within 15mins of making them up.)

Welcome Analyst, to be honest tetra's are easier for work, you can also freeze them and have them as ice cream, or in coffee as a mocha... they do cost more but definately worth it...

You will lose the 2stone in no time, so start making plans on what to follow after maintenance steps..

Love

Hello all!
Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
I'm a 27 year old lad from Glasgow, I'm a fairly modest 13st 6lbs @ 5" 9' and am aiming to finally lose the extra 2st ive been carrying around for a few years now to take me to an ideal BMI of 23 (currently 27.5)

I'm going to see a councillor on Wednesday evening and hope to start SS on Friday when my work 4 on 4 off shift starts.
I like the idea of the sole source diet as it takes the need for me to prepare meals away completely, this is where I have failed before, I don't really have the time to prepare food and work in an office with limited cooking facilities so tend to snack or get takeaway. I think if I can get down to my target with the sole source in a reasonably quick time then it will be a great incentive to rethink my whole eating/drinking from there on, plus im planning a holiday in a couple of months and it would be nice to have lost a bit for that! :D

I have been lurking around the forums now for a couple of weeks and I have to say there's some truely remarkable people on here! Some of those before and after photo's defy words.... you all look like completely different people!!

I'm sure it will be tough but there's clearly lot's of support to be had on here and i'll be utilising that as much as possible!

Cheers! :hug99:

hiya

welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place if you need support and inspiration.

Good luck on your cd journey you will see some amazing results.

debs x

Hello, if you can't get a shaker from your cdc you can buy one from Holland and Barrat, £3.99. Hope it goes well, it will be gone before you know it.

Cutting Carbs , it's like my doctor told me cut the carbs , the weight will fall off you . Just look into none carb foods , then get your head into the right place to go on CD , not so painful then , thats why to cut the carbs , headache won't be so bad , its like a dull pain that just does not ease for 2 days , but can take a few days to hit in once you drop the Carbs , just a warning

I think that is a grey area to be honest. I think it gives you the option to have 4 a day if you find you are struggling on the 3 a day.

Basically, i found it hard doing three a day and I dont think one extra a day would make a jot of difference. Just drink more water when you feel hungry.

Plus, I just want to get off this diet in the quickest time possible so I am happy sticking to 3 a day. let me know what your councilor says (but bare in mind they make more money out of you having 4 a day!)

Anyone else any opinions on whether we should be on 3 or 4 a day?

Hi all - but especially for Haitch and TheAnalyst.....

Never short of an opinion about CD, me! You men (and women 5'8" or above) really do need four portions of CD a day if you're doing sole source. It's nothing much to do with Calories, and not even that much to do with RDAs of vits and mins. It's the protein content that you need, in order to protect your important muscles. So, not a grey area, and not optional.

And it is carbohydrates that you should gradually cut down before starting, in order to slide gently into ketosis.

Best of luck!

also if you don't eat them all my cdc said your body would go into starvation mode and you will stop losing weight. that's one of the main reasons you have the amount you have, so that your body doesn't panic at not getting all the nutrients it needs and holding onto all your fat. that alone is a bloody good reason to have them all. i don't think profit comes into it!!
abz xx

Back