New Guy on the Block

Widdy1961

Hello

Thought I had better say HELLO!, as a new guy here.

I started the Low Carb way of life just over 3 weeks ago, not primarily to lose weight but, more to try and get my Blood Sugars under control.

I am a Type 2 Diabetic, taking various tablet medication and 2 types of Insulin.......unfortunately I have struggled to keep my Blood Sugar under control and I firmly believe that it is down to the poor diet advice given to Diabetics by the powers that be.

We are given a diet that is high in Carbs.......we all know that Carbs raise the Blood Sugar and increase Insulin production (or make it necessary for me to inject Insulin) and that Insulin is the FAT STORER.

Since moving onto the Low Carb way of life, I have dropped my Blood Sugar to a more healthy 6.4mmol average and, lost 13lbs in the process........over just short of 4 weeks, I would call this the way to go.

I find the only drawback to this is........I am going to need a whole new wardrobe (but I'm sure I cane LIVE with that).

Cheers
Stu

Hi Stu welcome along to the low carb way of life. I'm on day 11 and feel great, better than i have done in years to be truthful i think blood sugar plays havoc with all of us we just don't realise how much until we cut down on the carbs.

I wish i could convince everyone who's struggling on other diets to try low carb but they all seem to think its really hard and they wouldn't be able to stick to it! Ok so the 1st few days might be tough but after that its a breeze, i can't believe i didn't start it sooner.

Good luck & keep posting :)

Cheryl

Back