New healthy hot me :-)

Hi OTW :)

what a great post, I could have written it myself...so true! I was shopping last week and was given the total at the checkout and was shocked, i thought a mistake had been made :eek:...because it was a LOT less than it 'used to be'. As you say, my trolley was pizza, crisps, biscuits, chips, nuts, fizzy juice etc etc FREE....so that explains it!
I too got addicted to lucozade, i'd have a small bottle with lunch, then another 2 or 3 later in the day, i'd graze on crisps throughout the day, even after breakfast, have my large meals, then a wee takeaway couple of times a week....not forgetting finishing off my wee boy's leftovers at dinner-time...oooh the shame :eek:, no wonder I reached 21st 5 :eek: I've had to work really hard at adjusting my lifestyle, but most of it, if not all, was just habit :rolleyes:

All the cash you are now saving, putting into an account, and treat yourself monthly, new clothes, hairstyle, trendy bag, shoes etc. I envy you being able to wear heels, i loved my heels, but broke my ankle badly 9 years ago, whilst wearing flats!!!! and i can't wear high heels now :cry: just a little heel..but no sexy skyscraper heels for me these days!

I've started knitting you a little mini dress for christmas!!! :D...I'm thinking size 10/12?

oooh I'd love to be size 16 on top..or anywhere! I'm more apple shaped :eek:...but too big for my own good on top! I was a 28 in feb :cry:but have ordered 24 in new clothes...oooh errr :)...crikey! I hope they fit???? I believe with a 3 stone loss, I 'should' have dropped 3 sizes, but not taking chances, just praying they are not tight!!!!! :rolleyes:

Your food looks yummy. I'm a soup lover too, and have got a pot of lentil and carrot prepared and bubbling away as I type..smells delish! :)

Have a great day!

Evening all...

Didn't get a chance to post last night, I've only got a second now so my diary for yesterday is going to be very quick...

Somewhere along the line yesterday I forgot to eat..... Being busy is great! I had a huge bowl of fruit in the evening though... lots of grapes, strawberries, 2 oranges, 1 apple, 1 apricot, blueberries, 1 kiwi... was delish and very filling... probably not a good plan to live on fruit though...

I got in late and was hungry so had a 100cal M&S red berry cereal bar.

That's all folks.... :eek:

I drank about 4 litres of water yesterday :)

Gym... 25 mins on crosstrainer, 2500m on rower...

I may need to think about cooking something substantial for dinner tonight... so far I've just had a smoothie... :eek: I don't like eating when I'm not hungry though :confused:

Chat later lovelies :D

Hi again...

So today's diary...

Brekkie: 1 litre of water and mandarin orange
Lunch: big bowl of fresh fruit (orange, apple, mango, apricot, grapes, strawberries)
Dinner: Bowl of veg soup and 1 slice of homemade brown bread

Gym: 20 mins cross trainer, 2000m rower

Roll on WI day... I'm ready for ya :D

Good morning everyone...

Nearly WI, I hope people are feeling happy and confident!

I have to say, I'm very proud of myself. Girly night in last night, all the girls were drinking and getting a take away for over a gossip... I popped some oven chips in, diced some leftover chicken, added some veg, and just ordered curry sauce. Put about 3tbsp on top and voila...chicken curry! Much lower fat than a deep fried, artery clogging curry from chipper, and even tastier. I didn't feel like I was missing out at all :). According to bag, 200g of oven chips only has 175 calories so I'm not feeling guilty at all.

I don't drink, and didn't dive into the crisps, chocolate or ice cream like I normally would :)

Yesterday's diary...
Brekkie: homemade smoothie
Lunch; bag of airpopped popcorn and fat free yogurt
Dinner: homemade ish chicken curry

Lots of water too :)

15mins on treadmill and 15 on crosstrainer.

Bring on WI... I'm ready for you!!

Well done OTW - just shows what can be done when you are seriously determined.
Proud of you, you are doing so well.

Thanks a lot to everyone for all their encouragement... It really does make a difference :)

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend.

Had a great day today, lovely weather, everyone in good form :D

Diary for today before I go to bed :p

Brekkie: Big bowl of mixed fruit (strawberries, grapes, apricot, orange, kiwi) mmmmm
Lunch: Slice of homemade brown bread with lettuce and tomato, cherry scone with low low
Dinner: mixed salad (lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, beetroot, grated carrot) and 1/2 a can of pink salmon... yummy :)

Went to the gym this evening... great work out, I feel fab now... fitness levels are definitely improving big time..

2000m rower
15 mins crosstrainer
32mins (10km) on bike :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Was in garden with younger brother earlier, messing and I managed to run away! RUN, and still was able to breathe! :D:D:D:D

Have a fabulous weekend everyone...

Goodnight xx

Attachments

• IMG00436-20110625-2020.jpg
    IMG00436-20110625-2020.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 35
First things first... WI today.... 6.4lb gone forever :D:D:D:D I actually nearly squealed with excitement.... wasn't sure other users of the changing rooms would have appreciated it!

That's 15.4lb that I'll never ever carry again :D

I'm thrilled... the sense of accomplishment is incredible... any loss is great cos it means we're on our way... but to pass my first stone has really spurred me on :D

Best of luck to everyone today... we can do it ;)

I'm off for now, have a pot of veg soup simmering away... just back from gym and feeling fab :D

Catch up later xxx

Ps. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow, as in WOW! That is a superb loss well done you. Fantastic.

evening all...

Hope everyone is doing great ;)

I'm still thrilled about my loss this week... it's definitely helping keep me motivated.

Very quick diary for yesterday and today, and then I'm off to catch up on everyone else's news :)

Yesterday
Brekkie: Smoothie (mixed berries, banana, orange, apricot, kiwi, grapes)
Snack: bag of Special K bites
Lunch: bowl of strawberries and a fat free yogurt
dinner: homemade spicy tomato soup, 2 slices of homemade brown bread

Drank about 3l of water and 1 can of diet coke

Gym: 15mins on cross trainer, 10km on bike, 2000m on rower

Today
Brekkie: Smoothie
Lunch: fat free yogurt and 2 mandarin oranges
Dinner: bowl of soup and brown bread

Drank about 2l so far, plan to drink another litre or so of water

Gym: 15mins on crosstrainer, 1000m on rower, 15km on bike :D

I'm feeling healthier and more confident already :)

xxx

evening everyone..

another nice day in Dublin :D

I went shopping today and rewarded myself for losing my first stone (first of many)... I bought 4 pairs of shoes! Ooopsy!! :eek: Also bought quite a nice top which I plan to wear at the weekend.... :D

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/shoes/platform-heels/83454373-capecoral/54

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/shoes/peep-toe-heels/83583167-lindemuth/34

214FL11567.jpg

1310001202_1_1_3.jpg

891531121_thumb.jpg

Sorry... had to share!! :D

So another good day food and gym wise...

Brekkie: Smoothie
Lunch: brown wrap with salmon, lettuce and tomatoes
Dinner: big bowl of fruit

Snacked on a cereal bar and 2ish litres of water

Gym: 10km on bike, 15 mins on crosstrainer :)

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to a good weekend ;)

keep up the good work hun :)

The shoes are great and what a lovely top well done on treating yourself good luck with the next weigh in xx

woweeee fantastic weight loss..you lucky girl, all your hard work has paid off! love the home made curry on girlie night :)

oooh loving the shoes and the top OTW :) Just my style of top, can only dream about the lovely shoes though..I just couldn't walk in them anymore...hmmm I could just wear them and 'pose' :)...couldn't I?

Hope you having a great day, you are right, weight loss just keeps that motivation going....speeding towards the next weigh in!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys... It really makes such a difference. I think minimins will be the difference in my final weight loss journey :)

So I'm not feeling well again :( Bit of a dodgy stomach and banging headache... appointment to see doctor, best to get checked out.... 2nd time in as many weeks :sigh:

I've been so determined to not let this interrupt my plan so hopefully I'm heading for another loss this week.

Yesterday:
Brekkie: Smoothie (I don't add yogurt or sweeteners at all)
Lunch: cereal bar (100cal) and fat free yogurt
Dinner: bowl of homemade tomato soup

Snacked on 2 mandarin oranges

Gym: 15 mins on cross trainer, 10km on bike

Today
Brekkie: big bowl of fruit, fat free yogurt and granola on top
Going to have to wait and see how my stomach feels before eating lunch/dinner... I'll update this later

Gym this morning: 2000m on rower, 15 mins cross trainer, 10km on bike

Bring on WI.....hoping it'll be a good one :D

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather OTW. Has this just coincided with your new eating plan? May be the change to diet lovey, and perhaps the headaches are dehydration symptoms? I would eat a little more and drink lots of water. just for curiosity, as the unwell feeing may be related to the change in eating habits? Some crackers with soup, maybe a boiled egg now and then with your morning smoothie, or a slice of toast (or both!) and lots of iced water or diluting cordial throughout the day? Just subtle changes without blowing your new eating habits, it just might help?

Hope you feel better soon x

Hi everyone...

Good advice Rose... I'm drinking 2-4litres a day so don't think it's dehydration... doctor recommended I eat a little more to keep energy levels up, I guess I have been feeling a little sluggish.

He's a bit concerned about headaches so hospital on Monday for tests :cry: Survived worse than a few tests so it'll be fine :)

Just popped on with some news.... just out of shower and realised, the towel wraps around me now... the WHOLE way!!! :D:D:D

Catch up soon xx

Hope tests go okay lovey :)

woohoo to the towel wrapping around you!!! :) I totally relate to the feeling of towels not 'meeting' in the middle :) so can imagine the joy of wrapping it completely around..well done!

Happy Sunday everyone :D WI tomorrow... bring it on!!

Thanks Rose.... it's great to see little improvements like that... long may it continue! :D

Very quick diary for yesterday..

Brekkie: slice of wholemeal toast
Lunch: fat free yogurt
Dinner: diced chicken, beetroot, lettuce, tomato, 5/6 spinach ravioli

Snacked on a bag of popcorn during the day

Gym: 10km on bike, 2000m on rower, 15 mins on cross trainer :)

Hope you have a good weigh in OTW!

You did so well last week you must not be disappointed if it is only a little this week. Hope it's what you are hoping for!

Afternoon everyone....

It's a beautiful day in Dublin... 23 degrees... not wig wearing weather for sure! :eek:

Thanks Rose and Barb for your wise words as always!

So where to start... WI today... was a bit worried about stepping on scales, not sure why as I've been very disciplined, but I wonder is a smoothie, bowl of fruit and bowl of soup enough so thought my body might rebel! Thankfully my fears were unfounded, 2.6lb gone gone gone :D

I had tests today in hosp... results of those tests not much of a surprise in some ways... it's strange how you know deep down you don't feel ok.... :( Thankfully doctors listened to my concerns and addressed them very quickly so ball in rolling with biopsies etc... I've been there, done that and bought the xxl tshirt on this one so maybe that's why I'm calm about it.. No point worrying about things you can't change. :eek:

My response to news was to go to the gym and weigh myself :D and then give exercising socks! 15 mins on crosstrainer, 1km walk on treadmill and got bored, 20km on bike :D

Home now, tomato soup simmering away... put chickpeas and chorizo in it this week for extra energy and flavour. :)

I'm off for now... I'll pop by later with my diary ;)

Last edited:
Back